Prachuap Police remind venues of 1am last orders on New Year’s Eve, boost road safety measures

webfact

thai-police-696x464.jpg

File photo

By Paul Andrews

Prachuap Khiri Khan Provincial Police have reminded venues that alcohol can not be served after 1am during the New Year’s Eve celebrations.

Provincial Deputy Commander Pol. Col. Amnat Chomchai was speaking about some of the safety measures his officers will put in place during the New Year holidays.

“Regarding the strict measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, I’d like to emphasize that, according to the Prachuap Khiri Khan Province’s announcement, open-air restaurants with good ventilation and that follow ‘Covid Free Setting’ measures can serve alcoholic beverages from December 31, 2021 to 1.00 AM on January 1, 2022” Pol. Col. Amnat said.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/prachuap-police-remind-venues-of-1am-last-orders-on-new-years-eve-boost-road-safety-measures/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-12-31

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prachuap Khiri Khan Provincial Police have reminded venues that alcohol can not be served after 1am during the New Year’s Eve celebrations.

I really don't see how this does anything against the spread of any virus, but it does somewhat control the people, probably their main objective !

Happy (THAI STYLE) New Year ! :sad: 

Edited by Thaiwrath
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I really don't see how this does anything against the spread of any virus, but it does somewhat control the people, probably their main objective !

Happy (THAI STYLE) New Year ! :sad: 

As you say it's not really a deterrent but controlling what would otherwise be a free-for-all night might help a tad.