What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 3/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, bert bloggs said:

One of my favourite series has been killing eve well just watched series 4 the first episode ,wont bother with the second,who wrote this <deleted>? 

I lasted only one and a half episodes of season 1. Just did not click with me.

Edited by PeasAndGravy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Pieces of her

Yer I really like Toni Collette as an actress---- so I'll give it a look--she has had a hard time making fame, really played well in Muriel's Wedding  ( a Classic Oz movie) which started the ABBA revival,  Played the part of the fat friend that no one wanted to go with--of course she is as thin as..... so she said she became an eating machine putting on 40 lbs in 5 weeks. I saw her at the Sydney theater back in the early 90s. Got her brake when she played opposite Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer I really like Toni Collette as an actress---- so I'll give it a look--she has had a hard time making fame, really played well in Muriel's Wedding  ( a Classic Oz movie) which started the ABBA revival,  Played the part of the fat friend that no one wanted to go with--of course she is as thin as..... so she said she became an eating machine putting on 40 lbs in 5 weeks. I saw her at the Sydney theater back in the early 90s. Got her brake when she played opposite Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense     

Considering she's been in dozens of movies, some very successful, she has only managed to accumulate $17 mil., which is peanuts in todays world. I'm a big fan as well, but I thought her latest TV venture, Pieces Of Her, IMO is rubbish. Could not watch one more minute of the daughter.

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Considering she's been in dozens of movies, some very successful, she has only managed to accumulate $17 mil.,

Played in lots of movies, but--She really hasn't had the big "Star" parts- I think the only star lead actress she got was "Dianna & Me"  Where she was to play a person who looked so much like Lady Di that she won a competition to go to London --where everyone one wanted to take her photo , the movie came in 97-- about 4 days before the real one died. So that was canned.

17 Mil---I guess its not a lot, compared ...

For years i have read how good the wire is ,so i thought i will give it a try ,yes i am enjoying it ,thanks to all who recomended it,also i am re watching Boardwalk Empire, glad i did ,mind you if you dont like that sort of think there is lots of naked women and sex ,i just fast foreward those bits .????

• Like 2

Harry---6 episodes Crime/Drugs....Kiwi TV 2013

A friend told me that there was a good Kiwi Crime show--- Harry--  He forgot to mention that it was 9 years old. So I went to look and it is still around for download-- I took it from RARBG but its around other sites. Haven't screened it yet--but as we have some Kiwi's on here maybe they have seen it. I took it because it has Sam Neill --good actor and was famous even then.

IMDB Blurb = Gritty and suspenseful, this award-winning drama probes the narcotics underworld of New Zealand's largest city and the toll it takes on those caught in its grip... 6.9 rating

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2331972/ 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 11:25 PM, sanuk711 said:

Yer I really like Toni Collette as an actress

First saw her in Dinner With Friends some years back.  You'll like her in the remake of Nightmare Alley.

• Like 1

I'm about half way through season 1 of Serangoon Road. It's a crime drama set in Singapore in 1964. Pretty good so far. Worth a look IMHO. Thanks to @BritManToo, who brought it to my attention recently.

I got it from RARBG, but there were only a few seeders, so it took a while to download.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2699780/

One of the main characters is Michael Dorman (who plays CIA agent Conrad Harrison) who played Joe Pickett in the series of the same name, which coincidentally I have just finished watching.

• Like 1

Just downloaded the last 2 episodes of season 2 of Van Der Valk. This is apparently a remake of a 70s/80s series by the same name which appears to be available on TPB with a small number of seeders. Must be good if it's still available now.

Anyone familiar with the original?

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

so if a white man portrays a black leader in a  fictional tv series that will be ok ,good to hear ,i mean its fiction .

Yea why not if its fiction what is the problem. I only have a problem with historical stuff that is supposed to be real Not with these series that are lightly based on something that MIGHT have happened in the past with a lot of extra things. 

I mean a Christian viking carving a cross on the back of a pagan viking female. It might have happened who knows but this is really a fiction action loosly based on vikings and some saga's.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Just downloaded the last 2 episodes of season 2 of Van Der Valk. This is apparently a remake of a 70s/80s series by the same name which appears to be available on TPB with a small number of seeders. Must be good if it's still available now.

Anyone familiar with the original?

Yup, very popular in the U.K., obviously dated now but at the time was a roaring success, even the theme tune was a hit !!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149540/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

so if a white man portrays a black leader in a  fictional tv series that will be ok ,good to hear ,i mean its fiction .

You mean like Laurence Olivier in Othello!

Edited by LosLobo

6 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

As a certain female African-American director said: "no white man is going to be the hero in any of my movies."  This is the woman who made Selma.  She said this when an interviewer asked her about historical inaccuracies in the film.  "If you want history, read a history book" she said.

McMafia..... is 'AXED' as BBC decides crime drama  would be 'awkward amid the Ukraine crisis'

The gangster drama, which was lauded by critics and drew in audiences of nearly 10 million during its 2018 debut,

will allegedly not return for a second series.

Understandable --but what a pity--one of the best Crime dramas BBC had produced IMO

If you haven't seen it--still on RARBG TPB etc ...8 episodes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6271042/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, very popular in the U.K., obviously dated now but at the time was a roaring success, even the theme tune was a hit !!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149540/

Downloaded the first season of the 1972 van der Valk and watched the first episode. For 50 year old TV it was definitely better than I thought it would be. I had just watched the second episode of the second season of the 2019 series. Half way through it was very obvious what the outcome would be. The 1972 episode had me guessing until the end.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.

Just picked this one up on Lime.

New Scotland Yard Files

Current and former New Scotland Yard detectives open their case files to tell the inside story of how they caught some of London's most notorious killers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the -The Ipcress File-- that came out today, the full season is on TPB   6 episodes

Will27 recommendation--"New Scotland Yard Files" -- has also got full season  10 episodes on TPB

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Lately without any great movies to watch I tried some "B" movies :

Mate --I can't even keep up to date with the current stuff--- or maybe I just fall asleep to early............:coffee1:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Mate --I can't even keep up to date with the current stuff--- or maybe I just fall asleep to early............:coffee1:

I am bit of a night owl! Do you have a current list of  your recommendations?