What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

4 hours ago, bobandyson said:

James Files. The Mob. JFK

youtube. 2hrs 45m.

"Documentary on James Files, the man who claimed to have ended John F. Kennedy. Rare interview in great detail."

Thanks

• Like 1

Night Coppers

RAR

Summary: 10,000 revellers pack Brighton's clubs and pubs every weekend and as the sun goes down and the lights come up, the level of crime goes through the roof.

This documentary series follows police on night patrol in the seaside town.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The First Team

It didn't get great reviews.

It was cancelled after one season. 

It fails but in my view it fails in interesting ways and is still a fun watch.

Compare (mostly contrast) it to Ted Lasso, a big international hit and deservedly so. 

• Like 2

Super Telescope: Mission to the Edge of the Universe

RAR

As Nasa releases the first images from the James Webb Space Telescope, this film tells the inside story of the telescope's construction and the astronomers taking its first picture of distant stars and galaxies. Will it be the deepest image of our universe ever taken? 

The successor to Hubble, and 100 times more powerful, the James Webb is the most technically advanced telescope ever built. It will look further back in time than Hubble to an era around 200 million years after the Big Bang, when the first stars and galaxies appeared. Webb's primary mission is to capture the faint light from these objects on the edge of our visible universe so that scientists can learn how they formed, but its instruments are so sensitive it could also be the first telescope to detect signs of life on a distant planet. 

The James Webb Telescope is an £8 billion gamble on the skills of its engineering team. It’s the first telescope designed to unfold in space – a complicated two-week operation in which 178 release devices must all work - 107 of them on the telescope's sun shield alone. If just one fails, the expensive telescope could become a giant piece of space junk. 

From its conception in the late 1980s, the construction of Webb has posed a huge technical challenge. The team must build a mirror six times larger than Hubble’s and construct a vast sun shield the size of a tennis court, fold them up so they fit into an Ariane 5 rocket, then find a way to unfold them in space. This film tells the inside story of the James Webb Space Telescope in the words of the engineers who built it and the astronomers who will use it

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, seedy said:

jack.jpg.2701c0e21f52b0cad1afc2f10a187032.jpg

Dreadful dumbed down and overly dramatic nonsense. They came to this with the objective of showing the victims were not all prostitutes, most were, but how does it matter then or now? 

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Apologies if this has been already mentioned, but Jurassic World: Dominion is available at all the usual sources in resolutions up to and including 4K.

JWD_poster_opt.jpg.a60d92e139b2974b02ed143e27e81eba.jpg

I watched it the other night and thought that it was decidedly average and a little bit "muddled" in places, although the special effects were brilliant.

An evening not altogether wasted!

Very very dark but so far very very good.

I wasn't sure during the first episode but after watching the second I'm totally hooked  So be a little patient. This is a Korean tv series. There is also movie with the same name.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2022 at 9:32 AM, Will27 said:

Summary: 10,000 revellers pack Brighton's clubs and pubs every weekend and as the sun goes down and the lights come up, the level of crime goes through the roof.

But still "Dogging**" is OK--and Brighton's is fast becoming the Mecca for it----

Brighton's dogging hot spots (and reviews from sex-tourists)---

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/26-most-notorious-dogging-hotspots-2678577

**Dogging -British slang --the practice of carrying out or watching sexual activities in semi-secluded locations such as parks or car parks,

often arranged by e-mail or text messages.

I've just started watching Profugos(Fugitives) season 1. It's set in Chile and it's about a botched drug deal, resulting in four men being pursued by two drug cartels and the police. It's very good IMHO and well worth a look. Thanks to @The Hammer2021 for the initial recommendation. I got it from kickass2. The language is Spanish with hard coded English subs.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1941928/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Very very dark but so far very very good.

I wasn't sure during the first episode but after watching the second I'm totally hooked  So be a little patient. This is a Korean tv series. There is also movie with the same name.

Thanks

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

I came to this thread late & have gone through every page.  At first I started downloading every promising title.  I realised quickly that, at nearly 80, I've got more hours of viewing than my life expectancy!  This thread is an excellent idea (& I believe there's more than just the year 2022?).

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018-2019)

What movies or TV shows are you watching now? (2013-2018)

That should keep you entertained for a while... :cool:

• Like 2

Hunted. AU........ Ch 10 Oz.......Reality show.......RARBG etc.... started yesterday

Light entertainment.???   This ran for a few years in the UK-- let 18 people go on the run (with a limited amount of funds)  and if you dont catch them within 21 days--then they get 100K or something like that. I only watched a few of the UK ones--pretty light weight stuff--like most reality shows, the people on the run have a camera man running along with them---so how does that work---I dont know , but if your real bored have a look.

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

Lincoln Lawyer from another of my favourite authors.

Yer he writes the Bosch series also-- thing about having good authors is you read their books as soon as possible, then TV picks them up, I done that with the latest Bosch Legacy series--good book , probably better if I had left it & watch the TV series.