What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I'm currently watching re-runs of the old "Bush Tucker Man" Aussie TV series, starring Major Les Hiddins.

Where he drives around the bush in the Northern Territories, explaining what can and cannot be eaten in  a survival situation.

Pity they don't do a remake, because there is some beautiful scenery that would look great in 4K

• Like 2

The Dark Heart---crime/drama----Sweden-hard/soft subs released there in Feb---UK -15/7    5 episodes........ChaosTV

IMDB 6.6 Can not find trailer.....supposedly based on true story Sweden

Follows Tanja, an investigator with Missing People Dept Sweden, as she tries to solve the case of a rich landowner who disappears after giving his daughter an ultimatum - to end her relationship with the son of a farmer, or lose her inheritance.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15424742/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Thanks 1

Test Me When You Get Home

RAR

Summary: This gripping true-crime series follows the case of an innocent woman who has been abducted, harmed or even murdered by someone on what was an otherwise average day in her life.

In each episode these stories are told through emotional interviews; accompanied by stylistic recreations, actual texts, phone records and other digital breadcrumbs authorities used to solve the case.

Unfolding as a whodunnit, all suspects are explored until the actual perpetrator is caught. In several episodes, survivors of these harrowing sagas will be revealed to tell their story, in their own words.

• Thanks 2

The Killing of Delores McCrea

RAR

One freezing night in January 2004, Dolores McCrea left her home in Ballybulgan, Ireland and never came back. Police later found her car, but that was where the trail ended. The investigation led to the door of estranged husband Gary. Combines interviews with family members, detectives and forensic scientists to tell the story of cold-blooded murder and the man who nearly got away with it.

• Thanks 2

Just watched a series from 2014 called the village with John Simm,about life in a village starting before the first world war,i loved it  just such a good story and acting, although i must admit it was not very inclusive no people of colour no men who have become women,but there is a gay guy.

Sorry just could not resist the last bit,but you all know what it would be like if made now.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watched a series from 2014 called the village with John Simm,about life in a village starting before the first world war,i loved it  just such a good story and acting, although i must admit it was not very inclusive no people of colour no men who have become women,but there is a gay guy.

Sorry just could not resist the last bit,but you all know what it would be like if made now.

Why are you sad? Do you think that they should have included these people? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Who Stole Tamara Ecclestone’s Diamonds? ----(21 July 2022)  BBC1 -54 minutes------ChoasTV

Evading a 24-hour security team on one of London’s most secure streets, three men have managed to penetrate Tamara’s jewellery room They’ve gathered more than 400 items of jewellery and watches valued at more than £26m. And they’ve disappeared into the night.
It’s the biggest home burglary in British history. But as the Metropolitan police piece together the events of 13 December 2019, they realise this is just the tip of the iceberg. Their investigation connects the theft to even more raids of celebrity homes: football manager Frank Lampard and former Leicester City owner Vichai .
Racing against the clock to gather crucial CCTV material before it’s erased forever, they uncover a trail that leads them first to Italy, then the Balkans. An international police operation is mobilised to locate the suspects. But will they be able to track down the suspected mastermind known as ‘Daniel Vukovic’? And does he hold the secrets of an even bigger global conspiracy?

With extraordinary access to the Ecclestones, the police investigation and even some of the suspects in the case, this is the first time the full story behind Britain’s biggest burglary series has ever been told.

Sorry no real trailer out yet ---just a cheesy news report with Google voice--& the jewellery going up to £50m

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dark Winds- dreadful - well worth avoiding

Yellowjackets- quite good worth a watch

Better Call  Saul I find 7+ very disappointing.  By stopping it for a few week ruined it for  me.

The Undeclared  War - Brilliant!

Breeders Dreadul spoilt bratty  family  comedy

Good things - barely tolerable mother comedy

• Like 2

Gambling: A Game of Life and Death.................  Doco  47 min -- BBC3  ChaosTV/ RARGE & other places.

When I was younger--gambling was always about, betting on who would win/lose. Come the internet & the whole industry morphed

into something you could not have imagined years ago. With smart TVs & sport you can gamble just using your TV remote.

Even something as dreary as Cricket--Will there be a "No Ball"  this over"£10 bets  6-1 -press red--name what ball 20-1 press blue and number......etc.

Anyway story of 2 young men -

"A Game of Life and Death traces how they became hooked, the attempts they made to overcome their addiction and the reasons recovery seemed so impossible. Told with powerful testimony from friends and family, the devastating personal consequences of gambling addiction in young men are laid bare."

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 3:49 PM, Williams12 said:

Currently, I'm watching How to Get Away with Murder. It's the best series I ever watched! I couldn't find it on Netflix, but I came across this article and discovered Tempest. now I use only this streaming service to watch anything I want.

All 6 seasons of How to Get Away With Murder are available on Netflix in Thailand so if you can't see it where you are maybe try a VPN to switch your location. 

Thanks for the recommendation, I've considered watching it a few times but always get distracted by something else, will give it a whirl... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Could you send me the link please? Was this forum formerly called 'What are viewing/reading?'

It's right under the What Movies Are You Watching, It's called What Books Are You Reading. Impossible to miss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Could you send me the link please? Was this forum formerly called 'What are viewing/reading?'

Hey Mike.  I started that a few weeks ago in the beginning of June.  I contacted CharlieH because I too thought that at one time there was a "What are your reading" link.   CharlieH said there was not but I could start one and if there was enough interests he'd pin it.
It seems quite a few members are interested in books and reading so CharlieH pinned it in under Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life. 

Please contribute your thoughts and what you're currently reading for us 'book-worm' types.  I often prefer reading to watching shows on TV or movies.