Regular blue Pfizer vaccine card good enough for Thai Pass?

You cannot enter Thailand without a Thailand Pass.

What is this "blue card" you refer to? Issued by what country? Is it in English? Is there a QR code?

While vaccibation QR code is not an absolute reqiirement it definitely hel0s speed the approval pricess as well as processing on arrival.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:35 PM, Sheryl said:

What is this "blue card" you refer to? Issued by what country? Is it in English? Is there a QR code?

While vaccibation QR code is not an absolute reqiirement it definitely hel0s speed the approval pricess as well as processing on arrival.

There is no QR code. Simple vaccine card they gave out all over the US 

3984.jpg

3 minutes ago, rabbitbird said:

3984.jpg

I was under impression that you needed a vaccine certificate, a printed paper with your vaccine information as well as QR code to verify the data, which is issued at any GPO/Hospital or even pharmacy, at least in the EU. To get it, you would need to present ID, the rest of information is already in their system anyway.

Not sure how this would work in US. But I'd guess pretty similar. But I very much doubt that a handwritten piece of paper would have been accepted.

BTW: I thought it was only valid 9 months for vaccine certificate since last shot now. Which would mean by the time you could sort this out, your vaccine certificate would have already expired without a booster (if I read last shot 3 March, 2021 correctly on the card).

Side note: You can apply for Thailand Pass without vaccine certificate, and stay in Alternative State Quarantine on arrival. Unless traveling to Phuket, which still has sandbox (ability to move around the island for 14 days, but not leave island), all other ports are back to ASQ anyway, even for vaccinated arrivals, although that's due for review tomorrow.

I went through this recently.

The thing to do is to register for "My Chart" free online health app. Then look for the covid 19 page and there should be a button that says search for my covid innoculations? This should find your record and then you can have it create a QR code which you can print along with the official record. This is helpful when applying for the Thailand Pass etc and to show the airline.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rabbitbird said:

3984.jpg

That card is white not bleue.

US CDC card will be accepted, many people have used it for entry.

But process will be slower than if you can upload a QR code.

Some US providers have online syatem with QR code that links to vaccination details. And some states have online pass systems that do likewise. If possible to get a QR code, it will speed up processing og your Thailand Pass.

Assume you know about the mandatory 7 day quatantine on arrival.

I am wondering if the OP  @rabbitbird is British, in which case the "blue card" to which (s)he refers is this:

tempsnip.jpg.9551694e1deb04b84cb10323cd38dce0.jpg

If so, the name is hand-written and there is no DoB and obviously no QR code. I suspect that might not be good enough, however it's VERY easy to go online to the NHS App and get a certificate with everything including QR code.

I would sort of expect a fellow Brit to know all this so perhaps you're not, @rabbitbird  ?

Edited by VBF

On 1/2/2022 at 8:35 AM, Sheryl said:

In Austria e.g. private doctors issued a vaccination card provided by Pfizer if patient didn't have yellow vax book at hand. It is not accepted for ThailandPass. However, Austria later issued a vaccination cert. with QR code. My husband had such a card.

9 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That won't be enough for TP.

You have to upload both Vaxx certificates. QR code would be optional

They have accepted those for Thailand Pass and the COE since that is the only thing available in the US as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, VBF said:

I am wondering if the OP  @rabbitbird is British, in which case the "blue card" to which (s)he refers is this:

tempsnip.jpg.9551694e1deb04b84cb10323cd38dce0.jpg

If so, the name is hand-written and there is no DoB and obviously no QR code. I suspect that might not be good enough, however it's VERY easy to go online to the NHS App and get a certificate with everything including QR code.

I would sort of expect a fellow Brit to know all this so perhaps you're not, @rabbitbird  ?

From his post prior to yours, he is American and was referring to the CDC card issued in the US (which is white, not blue - and will be accepted).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

From his post prior to yours, he is American and was referring to the CDC card issued in the US (which is white, not blue - and will be accepted).

Some CDC are blue. This was to designate Pfizer at some points. Exact same as white, just blue stock.

Edited by rabbitbird

On 1/3/2022 at 12:59 AM, onekoolguy said:

I went through this recently.

The thing to do is to register for "My Chart" free online health app. Then look for the covid 19 page and there should be a button that says search for my covid innoculations? This should find your record and then you can have it create a QR code which you can print along with the official record. This is helpful when applying for the Thailand Pass etc and to show the airline.

Thank you. This worked I got the QR.

• Thanks 1