Bloatware removal Realme Note 10 Pro android

kuma

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Does it function now?

Pixel Experience looks pretty good?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xiaomi+redmi+note+10+pro+custom+rom

Yes it is fully functioning now, still in its original state - have not touched it as yet in terms of using it (aside from some test photos), waiting to see how I can best configure it but time is running out....

7 hours ago, kuma said:

but time is running out....

Sorry, what's the time pressure?

Custom ROMs are cool, more so if you a hobbyist and can update them daily or weekly as issues arise and new releases are offered. "Oh, WiFI doesn't work, dang I hope the developer fixes that soon."

You should not expect full functionality.

Once you settle on a ROM make sure you read all the sub-forums which detail that ROM before choosing to flash it.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:29 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I used adb to remove a lot of the bloatware on my Vivo phone.

So did I after learning from another thread here.

That's the way to go.

If you can't do on your own you need to find someone who knows his job.

No Google at all? Good luck going without Playstore.

DON'T root! Endless potential threats and certain apps will simply refuse to work on a rooted phone (some banking apps e.g.).

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 1/4/2022 at 7:29 AM, mtls2005 said:

Sorry, what's the time pressure?

Custom ROMs are cool, more so if you a hobbyist and can update them daily or weekly as issues arise and new releases are offered. "Oh, WiFI doesn't work, dang I hope the developer fixes that soon."

You should not expect full functionality.

Once you settle on a ROM make sure you read all the sub-forums which detail that ROM before choosing to flash it.

Thanks for the input, yea the need to be a hobbiest to keep reasonable functionality will steer me away from this option, I cannot devote time to that.  So I will find some middle ground that looks like it likely involves google apps staying, but being disabled/unused.

The time pressure is my own, bought the phone over a month ago and have been trying to close on a solution and want to move forward. 

I suppose for google-light the way to go will be huawei (or see what else comes out in the next few years).

Cheers

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

So did I after learning from another thread here.

That's the way to go.

If you can't do on your own you need to find someone who knows his job.

No Google at all? Good luck going without Playstore.

DON'T root! Endless potential threats and certain apps will simply refuse to work on a rooted phone (some banking apps e.g.).

Thanks. Preferably I find someone that is familiar with the process and have them do it. Since I embarked on this idea I am more interested than ever what a google free world is like...how much of a strangle hold do they really have, try to find out.

6 hours ago, cmarshall said:

How to remove bloatware and ads from Xiaomi phones without rooting:

Yes I saw this video and it is one of the options but not of use for goog apps (I think)