New address (Section 38 / TM30 app or online) - update old or 'Register' again as new?

Slightly confused as to how this is supposed to work.  I used the app the register a TM30 as a 'Possessor' of the residence about 2-3 years ago.  Since that time I got a new passport and when I went to do the first 90 Day in person the IO asked for the latest TM30.  I showed her the app screen but did say it was registered under my old passport.  I asked if it should be updated and she said no.

Now I have moved address and want to update the TM30 but I can't find anywhere to actually change either the address or the passport number. I am guessing, seeing as there doesn't seem to be any other option (at least none that I can find) either on the Section 38 app or the online reporting site, that I might have to do a new registration and start again from fresh, which will give me new log in credentials etc.  Only think that concerns me is that my name will then be in the system twice.

The only other thing I can think of is that I have to upload two new documents (new passport and new contract) in sequence after the first two on the Edit Profile page and then do a new report at the same time.  It seems a clunky way of doing things but I have a feeling (if it works) that it would be better than registering again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

That's correct, the TM30 registration isn't for you as person, but for the residence.

You should give the login credentials to the owner of the residence, so he or a future tenant can use it.

If your new residence isn't in the system yet you have to register it.

Yeah the more I looked at this it became clear that the reference number is building related rather than person related.  I think the confusion can arise when using the app and registering as the 'Possessor' which it allows you to do very easily.  Having received the log in details I'd assumed the login details were for ME and that this same log in would follow me around.  It's clear now though that it's building based.

I'll do a new registration for the new address.  I had a quick look to see if there was any 'check out' option on the old address but can't see anything as it seems to only be a field that can be filled in with a check in.

The thing I was most worried about was that the change of passport (if the TM 30 login credentials were person based) would really mess things up with 90 day reports or whatever. Given that the login is building based it clearly won't, I doubt it's even linked.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I'll do a new registration for the new address.  I had a quick look to see if there was any 'check out' option on the old address but can't see anything as it seems to only be a field that can be filled in with a check in.

You will need all the documents required to register as the possessor of your residence.

Since the regulation for TM30 reporting for most people registering to do it online is not worth the effort.

If on a extension of stay you only need to do a TM30 report if you change your address or enter the country with a new visa.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need all the documents required to register as the possessor of your residence.

Since the regulation for TM30 reporting for most people registering to do it online is not worth the effort.

If on a extension of stay you only need to do a TM30 report if you change your address or enter the country with a new visa.

Yes I'm on an extension and have changed address.  I registered using the app (which seems easier than the website) at my last place and registered as the possessor.  The only documents I had to upload were my passport and the first page of the contract.  Since the regulation change (which I think is what you are referring to above) I wasn't planning to bother but about 6 months ago, when doing my 'in person' 90 day for a new passport the checking desk where you get the queue ticket told me I needed a TM30 too, which surprised me a bit.  On that basis, if I can register as easily as I did last time, I'd rather do it now and get it over and done with rather than have it crop up as a potential issue for anything else (e.g. extension renewal).  I find Immigration never ask me for anything unless I go and haven't got it!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I wasn't planning to bother but about 6 months ago, when doing my 'in person' 90 day for a new passport the checking desk where you get the queue ticket told me I needed a TM30 too, which surprised me a bit.

Tha does not mean it has to be a new report. The receipt for the previous report would be enough.

Yes, I appreciate that.  But two things have changed since that last report (which did work for the 90 day), my passport number and my address.  The point I was making about the 90 day report was that I wasn't expecting to be asked for a TM30.

Will have a look later but looks like the app is having problems at the moment (4 Jan 2022).  Post New Year crash / update maybe? When trying to 'Register' I can't even get past the 'Select Property Type' field without the app returning an error (the joy of any app developed by RTP or, dare I say, 'Made in Thailand'.

I am able to connect via the website but, if trying to register there, there are only two options.  Owner or House Master / Host.  When I registered for the last condo a few years back using the app there was also a 'Possessor' option.  That option is not available on the website so I'm not sure whether it's an app only option or whether it has since been removed as an option altogether.  Sadly I'm not able to select the property type in the app at the moment which is a pre-requisite to being able to select 'Relationship'.  If the simpler Possessor option has now gone (which needed only your passport and contract 1st page) I'll let the owner sort it out.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is equal to possessor.

I also got a security warning when I opened site. And it show this. image.png.1bb1ddea4e7301a6c6e152df6af243b1.png

Their certificate expired today.

Oh right, thanks.  In my last registration they list them separately as per the image below.

Yeah, I got the 'Site Not Secure' message too, did make me wonder if that's interfering with the app functioning.  I'll try again in a day or two, or a month maybe.

Options TM30.png

Update for anyone that might be interested in the future.

It seems that it was the expiry of the site security certificate that was making the app impossible to use.  I could open the app, even click Register but the first field one needs to complete (Property Type) failed at the selection stage.  No drop down, just an error message.

I decided to use the app as it's a LOT easier IMO than the online version.  In addition, the ability to register as a Possessor is only present (at least in a way that it's clear) on in the app.  It was suggested above that the House Master category in the online version also covers Possessor's.  Does seem strange though they they specifically separate House Master and Possessor on the app, maybe it's just to make it abundantly clear.

It was all up and running again today.  Quickly checked the online website and it opened up straight away without the insecure site warning so I assumed that the app would now be working fine too.  It was.  

Selected 'Register' first to register the property then filled in the rest of the details.  Looks like Don Mueang Airport is now Bangkok International Airport, last time it was Don Mueang (S08). Once all the details were completed I uploaded page 1 of the rental contract and then my passport details page.  Hit submit and got the 'Registration Success' on the screen, immediately followed by an email that Immigration send for you to confirm your email address.  Clicked the link to confirm and immediately received the property login details (a property ID number and temporary password).  Opened the app again and you are first required to change the password to a new one.  After that I was able to register myself as resident using the 'Notify' section and that too was instantly accepted.  Literally minutes and much smoother than the online version IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hibyebkk said:

I have to update my new address too, but i forgot my user ID, any way i can get my user ID name back ? ( seems no option when i do that online )

If you have moved to a new address you won't need your old user name as that user name will be for the old address.  This is where I got confused at first.  The log in details for the Section 38 app / TM30 or for the address, not for the resident person.  So you just need to register the new address, start again effectively.  

There is a 'Forgot Password' on the app which you can use to recover your previous address registration provided you know and still have access to the email address you used to register.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SooKee said:

If you have moved to a new address you won't need your old user name as that user name will be for the old address.  This is where I got confused at first.  The log in details for the Section 38 app / TM30 or for the address, not for the resident person.  So you just need to register the new address, start again effectively.  

There is a 'Forgot Password' on the app which you can use to recover your previous address registration provided you know and still have access to the email address you used to register.

So if one has a new address, you need to re-register with a new username and password is that correct ? As you said there's no where to actually 'END' your current address online.....

46 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

So if one has a new address, you need to re-register with a new username and password is that correct ? As you said there's no where to actually 'END' your current address online.....

Correct.  The TM30 registration system is address related, not user/resident related and yes there's no way from what I could see to terminate your occupation of the old one.  There would be if it was a hotel (hotels use the same system) as they enter a 'Check out' date.

Have to say this REALLY confused me at first, until I got my head round the fact that the system log in is address and not user based, couldn't grasp it at first given every app/system I use otherwise IS user based.

Edited by SooKee
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Pawpal said:

When I tried to download the app today and yesterday I also got the message: "This item isn't available in your country." 

What address are you using for the Play store?

• 8 months later...

Hi, 

I (finally) got the app working and I've login/password details for my residence. I can now make a new registration if I enter again. I entered last week via the border and the juristic did a registration for me, for this first time. However, the juristic didn't enter any stuff such as port of entry, visa expiry, etc. but only my name and passport. So, with that in mind, should I do a completely new entry with "full information" or would you guys think this is enough for my upcoming extension? I would like as little problems as possible at immigration...