Problems in THAILAND PASS and THAILAND PSAS

My application for THAILAND PASS was rejected because of "PLEASE PAY FOR 2 PCR TESTS"

the website THAILANDPASS.COM did not mention anything about this document as required.

there is no way to update an existing application, only to start the whole process again.

the website for the PCR tests payment, THAILANDPSAS.COM did not work, and i could not make the payment.

still i did send another application and explained that their PCR payment web site does not function properly (i even

got email from that website support saying they are still working on it !!!).

now 8 days have passed and still did not get any reply from the PASS team, not even rejected, nothing,

there is no way to check the status.

nobody answer phone calls or emails.

question is: how do i get now this THAILAND PASS if it works at all?

image.png.876b02fac0bcea21c37cc5a521b6c388.pngimage.png.fb8eb911e44219b30d9c87b436ff53ae.png

image.png.9ccae3d55abe4d30af96ed05c2617424.png

image.png.ec75528340a4e3b10448924fe97153a0.png

• Sad 2

The other Thailand Pass threads and Facebook groups do not highlight a current failure of the payment system for the PSAS site (there was a giltch reported about 10 or so days ago which was reportedly fixed).

Additionally - there is plenty of information out there which highlights that you need to pre-pay for your PCR tests and submit the receipt, including what you highlighted below. 

You’ve probably already tried different browsers etc...  have you tried with a different credit card (I.e. Visa not Master Card or viceversa, also try with a VPN).

It’s strange how you are the one facing so many repeacted problems with the PSAS site. 

Unfortunately - after rejection the only option is to reapply - there are agents which could help *(I read of one on a different thread a couple of weeks ago) - that may be worth researching to sidestep your difficulties. 

E11FACAE-ED6B-4021-BE62-419E9E593A19.jpeg

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

Imagine they are updating the site due the chaos the government keeps making by changing things on todays whim. We may well knock the people doing the pass technology, but I kinda feel sorry for them having to constantly keep amending it to keep it reflecting the latest daily changes.

It's not just us getting frustrated with this nonsense, the airlines must be pulling their hair out with the yoyoing

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I could be wrong but I think you're using fake websites. Spelling PASS as PSAS is a bit of a giveaway.

https://tp.consular.go.th/

is the official site for Thailand pass I think. But, I've no experience applying for it.

Yes, this  should be the correct website.

The other Thailandpass.com is obviously a scam website. It doesn't have any Thai writing unlike the official one. One should be able to choose Thai or English language on the official website.

Edited by EricTh

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

The confusion is understandable but https://www.thailandpsas.com/ (PSAS) is indeed the official website for the Phuket Sandbox RT-PCR test payment system...

It is run by a private company that did for example also the "Smart Bus" system. Not sure if there is any other way to book these tests.

Apologies, but how confusing! So glad to be going nowhere right now. Staying put - the only game in town.

• Like 1

I started a thread 1.5 weeks ago regarding payment errors on the PSAS website.  The only solution was to pay with a QR code through my Thai bank account using a mobile banking app.

Multiple credit and debit cards didn't work.  One of the banks I contacted said it had something to do with 3-D Secure and the websites third party payment platform wasn't up-to-date with North America.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

I could be wrong but I think you're using fake websites. Spelling PASS as PSAS is a bit of a giveaway.

https://tp.consular.go.th/

is the official site for Thailand pass I think. But, I've no experience applying for it.

psas is the web site to pay for the PCR tests...pass is to get the PASS...see what's going on here? next site they will build will be called psss to pay for urine tests.

• Haha 1

I have similar problem with payment processing on psas right now. I was using the same system in late October 2021 and paid for 2 tests.

As for PASS system which replaced COE website, it doesn't allow you to save info and files you uploaded and if you don't have ALL required documents upfront then you have to start all over again.

So, right now without psas payments I have no chance to apply for the PASS.

I still have 10 days before my flight hoping for a miracle.

• Like 1

OP,

I feel your pain and ignore the other comments that this is your fault.  I experienced the same problems with both Thailand Pass and PSAS.  My only suggestion is to use AQ.IN.TH as previously suggested. I did and they are legit. I got my approval less than an hour after I contacted them.   Regarding 2nd PSAS test, if you use this website:  PSAS - Swab Center you can see if you are eligible for the free test.  

As I posted elsewhere, try a Mastercard or a different Visa for PSAS payment.  There's an ongoing problem with online credit card transactions (not really related to just PSAS, but they are affected by it).  

And, yes, both Thailand Pass & PSAS websites are horrible and an embarrassment to the process.  My only thoughts of why tourists are using them are a) they are using knowledgeable (and patient) travel agents, or b) they got lucky.  If I didn't need to get home, I'd have given up long ago.

Lastly, I reapplied for my wife 30 hours before our flight and receive her (2nd) approval about 9 hours before we arrived (but after we departed!).  So, I think they approve in priority of ARRIVAL date but don't consider that they need to approve before DEPARTURE.   Amazing Thailand, indeed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

I started a thread 1.5 weeks ago regarding payment errors on the PSAS website.  The only solution was to pay with a QR code through my Thai bank account using a mobile banking app.

Multiple credit and debit cards didn't work.  One of the banks I contacted said it had something to do with 3-D Secure and the websites third party payment platform wasn't up-to-date with North America.

You are correct.  There's an ongoing problem with online credit card transactions in Thailand.  This is a known problem with certain banks and certain cards.  I've been tracking this for the past month and have verified the same with numerous other people.  I keep hoping the credit card companies will notice the sudden drop in online payments and begin investigating what is wrong.   

• Like 1

if Thailand want tourists, should it not be making the application process easy, not as confusing as this appears to be?  One wonders if anyone from the Tourist industry reads this site or looks for any feedback.

Are the 'High Quality' tourists that Anutin is expecting also Computer experts with special skill in using <deleted> web-sites?

IMHO The only way Thailand is going to get any tourists is to make it easy to visit Thailand.   

Perhaps a 28day non-visa entry to anyone with approved vaccinations?  or Just walk in as applies to the illegals from neighboring countries?

• Like 2

I tried Visa and MC a few times without success.

Then I contacted support at [email protected] and after going back and forth with them got this message:

Can your card issuer accept the 3DS system (One time password to payment ) ? 
Because now this merchant accept only the 3DS system. Please contact your card issuer to check or change to be another card that can accept the 3DS system.

Isn't that amazing?

I am worried because I was not asked to upload the receipt for the tests when I applied. I have the receipt from PSAS with no problems. I received the confirmation code and email for the pass. Their information page makes no mention of providing receipts for tests

Edited by Wongkitlo
E

8 hours ago, tommygato said:

I tried Visa and MC a few times without success.

Then I contacted support at [email protected] and after going back and forth with them got this message:

Can your card issuer accept the 3DS system (One time password to payment ) ? 
Because now this merchant accept only the 3DS system. Please contact your card issuer to check or change to be another card that can accept the 3DS system.

Isn't that amazing?

it is indeed freaking amazing. andnothing funny about it.

this failed web site acctually blocks all travel to thailand.

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD

3 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I am worried because I was not asked to upload the receipt for the tests when I applied. I have the receipt from PSAS with no problems. I received the confirmation code and email for the pass. Their information page makes no mention of providing receipts for tests

your application will be rejected and you will know it too late, if they will reply to you at all.

this is what happaned to me.

one option is to send the application again, with same email, and this time with the receipts

On 1/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, willr said:

Book a SHA hotel where the price of testing is included as well as airport pick up.

I sent that through.and had the pass in less than 1 hour.

i did contact few SHA+ hotels and they all told me to pay the PCR myself on PSAS.

the option to book a hotel with the PCR is not available anymore.

7 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i did contact few SHA+ hotels and they all told me to pay the PCR myself on PSAS.

the option to book a hotel with the PCR is not available anymore.

Same here, my hotel pointed me to psas web site although I told them it is broken and asked hotel to process my payment for tests or advise of any agent but they replied to me that I should try psas web again as they 'fixed' it (not true).

Then I decided to register for PASS. I filled all the fields and attached all documents, funny they accept some docs in pdf but others as png or jpeg extensions, so more trouble for me to convert files to accepted format. 

The last page was to report PCR tests and submit receipt which I don't have. I made screenshots of scheduled appointments and failed payment processing, and finally wrote a letter to embassy explaining all the problems with psas and asking for cash payment option on arrival, then submitted all 3 files.

I got successful registration and received email with control code.

The PASS system may reject my request for sure but at list I reported a problem and I will use AQ.IN.TH as the last resort.

8 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

your application will be rejected and you will know it too late, if they will reply to you at all.

one option is to send the application again, with same email, and this time with the receipts

Thanks. I was aware that they were needed but was not given a chance to upload them. Thanks for the advice. 

16 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Hey thanks.Dod another application as you said and hopefully all right now. ????

I had a chat with the agent today on their facebook aq.in.th and asked to do their PASS service and handle PCR tests payment on my behalf.

They refused to do it. They need ALL documents to start PASS process.

The PSAS payment system accepts only credit card with 3D-Secure feature and my US cards do not have it.

I am going to ask my relative in Thailand to try paying for me and if that won't work I am going to cancel tickets/hotel and say good bye Thailand...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used the www.thailandpsas.com site lately?

Its seems to be non-functional again. Not possible to register new users. Have been trying for a couple of days now with different browsers. No luck.

I did manage to log in with a google account after a while. But the registration form is not working. Not possible to select country from the drop menu. Its blank with nothing to select. And you cant type in manually..

On 2/22/2022 at 4:03 AM, MajorTom said:

Has anyone used the www.thailandpsas.com site lately?

Its seems to be non-functional again. Not possible to register new users. Have been trying for a couple of days now with different browsers. No luck.

I did manage to log in with a google account after a while. But the registration form is not working. Not possible to select country from the drop menu. Its blank with nothing to select. And you cant type in manually..

also the official support address return emails as if the address in not existent.

on the other hand, suspicious fake emails keep on coming

ii.jpg

gg.jpg