Swedish restaurant owners in Thailand hopes the worst is behind them

webfact

9 hours ago, RandiRona said:

I am surprised that after 3 year and multiple waves of this pandemic why its difficult for us to learn? Save the vulnerable, use masks/ booster/ and let the world open to new normal. We cant close economy/life multiple times a year. Unless you are China or North Korea, closeout is not effective.

Given the knowledge that the Omicron variant is less severe than Delta and will soon become the prevalent variant I would tend to agreed. 

However, Delta can still be severe and our guard should not be dropped. 

After nearly two years of pandemic I suspect that this is the only way forward while ensuring ALL those in high risk groups are frequently boosted and intelligent yet practical measures are put in place to allow society to self police. 

Provide FREE antigen test kids and encourage their use - ask those who tested positive to remain isolated for at least a week. Advise those developing serious symptoms to seek hospital treatment.  

Continue the vaccination programs, ensure everyone (who wants to be) vaccinated is vaccinated. 

Continue with the Test & Go for vaccinated arrivals who are PCR tested. 

Ensure insurance covers ‘isolation’ (in hotel or hospital) for those who test positive (the government needs to go hardball with the insurance companies).

Offer transparency to all potential tourists, clear concise information.

• Like 2