Covid Insurance for extension of stay for an O-A retirement visa

Presented myself for my 90 day report today as I wanted to ask about isurance for my soon to be required extension of stay, the nice friendly people have been moved out and non helpful inserted, all I got was covid insurance was also required as well as the other already useless insurance.

I tried searching but came up with policies of over 2000 baht a month, with very high prices for a years worth of cover(the insurance conglomerate must be rubbing their hands).

My question is has anyone come up with a more user friendly price for a fully vaccinated  old codger.

3 minutes ago, Tom H said:

Change to non o visa. Done.

Easier said than done.  He would need to leave the country, re-enter on a 30 day, extend that, ensure he has money in the bank and then apply for the Non Imm - O in country.  Might take an agent depending ion his circumstances.

Edited by ThailandRyan

12 minutes ago, whoopy said:

Not yet but coming very soon, already approved by the Health dept.

The only thing that has been approved is the for a new OA visa applied for after October 1st of 2021. And that is the $100,000 US insurance that includes covid 19 coverage.

For extensions of a OA visa entry it goes into effect on Sept 1st of 2022.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

Covid 19 insurance is not required for any extension of stay other than for a STV.

You only need the 40/400k baht insurance.

Well my province said I need covid insurance, I dont know how to get around that.(sorry wont say which province dont like rocking boats 555)

18 minutes ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Well my province said I need covid insurance, I dont know how to get around that.(sorry wont say which province dont like rocking boats 555)

I suspect they will not ask for the covid 19 insurance.

Not a immigration website but the TGIA website states this.

"Renewal (before Sep,1 2022)

The applicant must have the valid local health insurance policy with the minimum of coverage of 400,000 Baht for inpatient treatment and 40,000 Baht for outpatient treatment."

Source: https://longstay.tgia.org/guidelineoa