Delayed eVisa - change entry stamp at immigration?

A few weeks ago I applied fonhline for a TR Visa. Unfortunately, it took weeks to process and was issued after I had already entered into Thailand on a visa waiver. I was reading on FB groups that some members there have been able to visit immigration and were able to have their entry stamps adjusted and the visa included while other experts stated it was not possible at all.

Anybody here has tried to change from waiver to visa successfully and care to confirm?

20 hours ago, faxx said:

I was reading on FB groups that some members there have been able to visit immigration and were able to have their entry stamps adjusted and the visa included while other experts stated it was not possible at all.

I am sure those were case where somebody entered the country but arrival immigration did not notice they had a valid visa and gave them a visa exempt entry or stamped the wrong date on the arrival stamp.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure those were case where somebody entered the country but arrival immigration did not notice they had a valid visa and gave them a visa exempt entry or stamped the wrong date on the arrival stamp.

No, they stated expressively that it was a good will gesture of the IO at the time as they are aware of the long delays in the new evisa system. I used to be able to receive a visa within 30 minutes at the Thai consulate, while it takes around 3 weeks with the online system. I will have my friends call them to inquire.

4 hours ago, faxx said:

No, they stated expressively that it was a good will gesture of the IO at the time as they are aware of the long delays in the new evisa system. I used to be able to receive a visa within 30 minutes at the Thai consulate, while it takes around 3 weeks with the online system. I will have my friends call them to inquire.

All you can do is try. Personally, I wouldn't bother calling, you won't get a good answer without them looking at your papers anyway.

• Thanks 1