Hypothetical positive PCR test question

hugolars

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Not for 3 months! Due to a biological  error!

Maybe getting stuck for 3 month is a good thing, lol.

I travel for work and no one that i know had this problem, its the normal to have one or two people in our group testing positive each week for the past 3 or 4 months.

The situation involving being tested positive at any time for people is where ( in theory) the sensibility and/or requirement for Health Insurance of recent arrivals who eventually need to depart but cannot for need of a "fit to fly " status by most if not all airlines. Problematic is the incidence where Insurers are declining coverage for the  cost of "extended  detainment or isolation" unless being "treated" in a Hospital. In contradiction to the original declarations of coverage by many that is placing an increasing number of people in a tight financial place despite due diligence in taking out policies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Maybe getting stuck for 3 month is a good thing, lol.

I travel for work and no one that i know had this problem, its the normal to have one or two people in our group testing positive each week for the past 3 or 4 months.

Thank you But getting stuck  in a foreign country with no money, no hotel and no legal visa is a nightmare plus all the commitments  back home. We are talking about people who have  recovered from Covid or had it without  knowing.

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

Thank you But getting stuck  in a foreign country with no money, no hotel and no legal visa is a nightmare plus all the commitments  back home. We are talking about people who have  recovered from Covid or had it without  knowing.

It is a sticky situation to be in but that is the risk of traveling these days, you have to factoring this into your travel plans.

The visa situation here i think is a non issue because of the extensions but where will you stay?, no hotel is going to take you in unless you lie to them so i guess you would be going to the hospital anyway and they would help you sort it out.

If not involve your embassy, there is no real answer for this one.

8 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

It is a sticky situation to be in but that is the risk of traveling these days, you have to factoring this into your travel plans.

The visa situation here i think is a non issue because of the extensions but where will you stay?, no hotel is going to take you in unless you lie to them so i guess you would be going to the hospital anyway and they would help you sort it out.

If not involve your embassy, there is no real answer for this one.

If forced to go to a hospital perhaps report "symptoms " like a headache that requires "treatment" which in turn should invoke the criteria of an Insurance policy ?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

It ‘could’ be much longer than that.... 

But why ‘sweat’ the hypothetical extremes ??

In the vast majority of cases a negative PCR test is returned within a week or two of initially testing positive. 

+1

In fact when it was due to minute amounts of dead viral material it is really sort of a fluke to come back positive, a second test done on same day might even be negative.

I haven't heard of any issues of someone being held for  months because they never got a negative test.

11 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

If forced to go to a hospital perhaps report "symptoms " like a headache that requires "treatment" which in turn should invoke the criteria of an Insurance policy ?

It is more to do with what the hospital puts in the insurance form than with what you tell the hospital.

Thai based policies will cover you even if totally asymptomatic. The issue is with international insurers (medical necessity clause - a few subjective symptoms won't affect that anyhow)

Thai hospitals tend to be very sparse in what they put on insurance forms.  Something like "Diagnosis: COVID  Treatment Plan: antiviral medication, monitor viral signs and oxygenation, administarer oxygen as needed" would likely be fine. Something like "quarantine for diosease control" would not.

33 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Visa is quite managable (COVID extensions) but if you would be without money or hotel you should not come here, even without the pandemic.

Note that you are at greater odds of being hospitalized for a serious accident than for COVID. And that can cost much, much, much more.

Plenty of "Go Fund me" sad stories along those lines. 

Do not come here uninsured with limited funds.  Travel insurance is not that expensive (and insurance is required for entry anyhow).

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Visa is quite managable (COVID extensions) but if you would be without money or hotel you should not come here, even without the pandemic.

Note that you are at greater odds of being hospitalized for a serious accident than for COVID. And that can cost much, much, much more.

Plenty of "Go Fund me" sad stories along those lines. 

Do not come here uninsured with limited funds.  Travel insurance is not that expensive (and insurance is required for entry anyhow).

Thank you. Most travellers  budget for a limited amount of time not an additional three months caused by  biological  inconsistencies. I am sorry if I did not make my self clear  but I am referring to someone  who has caught covid and recovered  completely  but shows positive for up to three months due to the  dead covid material. This is not just a case of staying in Thailand  but of home/work/family life being disrupted for months due to a faulty test being required.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

How  are dogs hunted?

Don’t ask me. You, just like the other guys who replied/reacted negatively to my comment, seemed to have missed the quotation marks in my original post. The guy I replied to used the phrase “hunted down like a dog”, I just quoted that. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Thank you. Most travellers  budget for a limited amount of time not an additional three months caused by  biological  inconsistencies. I am sorry if I did not make my self clear  but I am referring to someone  who has caught covid and recovered  completely  but shows positive for up to three months due to the  dead covid material. This is not just a case of staying in Thailand  but of home/work/family life being disrupted for months due to a faulty test being required.

It has never happened that I know of. 10-14 days yes, 2-3 months, no.  Highly unlikely to test consistently positive for 3 full months after having tested negative prior to departure.

But plenty of cases of people stuck here for months with mounting hospital bills after bad accidents.