UK Spouse Visa

26 minutes ago, Tony M said:

No need to mention it unless it makes you feel better.   UKVI  aren't really interested in the reasons why anyone would cancel an application.

Yes, you can start a new application anytime you want.

Nice! Thanks for that ????

Hello 

With the 28 day rule the documents mustn’t be older than that from the day of the online application and must have been dated before the date of submission of online application, but I heard that if the premium service is used the 28 day rule applies to date of the biometrics appointment instead. Is that correct?

11 hours ago, MisterMr said:

Hello 

With the 28 day rule the documents mustn’t be older than that from the day of the online application and must have been dated before the date of submission of online application, but I heard that if the premium service is used the 28 day rule applies to date of the biometrics appointment instead. Is that correct?

Where did you "hear" that ?

17 hours ago, MisterMr said:

Is it enough for the employer letter to be signed by the People Administrator (HR Admin)? This is all my company are willing to provide.

"People Administrator" ?   I've never heard that before !    Yes, it's okay or them to sign it.

7 hours ago, Tony M said:

"People Administrator" ?   I've never heard that before !    Yes, it's okay or them to sign it.

Hi, yeah in this company HR is referred as The People Team. It’s not hand signed though it’s a digital signature of the administrator, Is that ok? Cheers

Edited by MisterMr

45 minutes ago, MisterMr said:

Hi, yeah in this company HR is referred as The People Team. It’s not hand signed though it’s a digital signature of the administrator, Is that ok? Cheers

It should be fine, as long as it has a contact number or email address for the UKVI to check if they want to.

• Thanks 1

Sorry above was a mistake. I messed up the screenshots.

Thank you. Here is my cover letter. Could I please get an opinion? I can’t get it down to 1 page. Should I hand sign every page 1 and 2? Thank you

5029CD7A-E2A9-4216-B0C8-B3BEBD705056.jpeg

8BC9133D-AD7E-4D05-B8D8-58D839952283.jpeg

Edited by MisterMr

I personally think your covering letter is too long and contains "information" that will not assist the ECO in reaching their decision.

The fact that you brought your wife a necklace and smart watches adds nothing to the application, neither does much of the other information, including the fact that you miss each other.

There's no need, in my humble opinion, to detail her travel history, or the fact she's provided copies of her previous passports, they will see them in her supporting doccuments, she's applying to settle in the UK so providing evidence of her previous return trips is of little value as she doesn't need to prove she'll return to Thailand.

You seem to meet the criteria, including financial and accomodation and that you've actually met, adding too much extra detail may well cloud the issue, she will of course need to supply evidence of her English and TB tests.

Tony M may well have a different view of your note, I would value his opinion over mine.    

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I personally think your covering letter is too long and contains "information" that will not assist the ECO in reaching their decision.

The fact that you brought your wife a necklace and smart watches adds nothing to the application, neither does much of the other information, including the fact that you miss each other.

There's no need, in my humble opinion, to detail her travel history, or the fact she's provided copies of her previous passports, they will see them in her supporting doccuments, she's applying to settle in the UK so providing evidence of her previous return trips is of little value as she doesn't need to prove she'll return to Thailand.

You seem to meet the criteria, including financial and accomodation and that you've actually met, adding too much extra detail may well cloud the issue, she will of course need to supply evidence of her English and TB tests.

Tony M may well have a different view of your note, I would value his opinion over mine.    

You are right, theoldgit. Far too much "information" for the ECO. He will not be interested in anything other than deciding if the applicant meets the requirements of the rules, and the genuineness of the relationship. He doesn't want information that is otiose (I had to look that word up when one of my bosses used it in a file note to me. Something for you to do on a boring Sunday afternoon, and Google is your friend).  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MisterMr said:

How can we self upload before we pay? We’re using VFS outside the UK.

You can't upload documents before the application is submitted online, and submitting means paying too.  You said you were using the VFS scanning at the application centre ?   That will cost 3,000 THB. Self-uploading is free (after you have paid the fee to submit online).

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tony M said:

You can't upload documents before the application is submitted online, and submitting means paying too.  You said you were using the VFS scanning at the application centre ?   That will cost 3,000 THB. Self-uploading is free (after you have paid the fee to submit online).

I keep thinking about both options. My wife is worried about tech problems. We just wanted to get a feel of the website before jumping in. But we will probably get them scanned at the Centre.

I’d just like to double check. The title deeds are from January 2022, but the council statements tax are from March 2021, mortgage payment statements are from April 2021, the environmental search and layout from the papers when the flat was bought are from 2002. Are the older documents ok? I was thinking of including a copy of my mum’s passport because she owns the property.

Thank you

4 hours ago, MisterMr said:

I keep thinking about both options. My wife is worried about tech problems. We just wanted to get a feel of the website before jumping in. But we will probably get them scanned at the Centre.

I’d just like to double check. The title deeds are from January 2022, but the council statements tax are from March 2021, mortgage payment statements are from April 2021, the environmental search and layout from the papers when the flat was bought are from 2002. Are the older documents ok? I was thinking of including a copy of my mum’s passport because she owns the property.

Thank you

There is quite a lot there.  First, your wife is right to have concerns  about tech problems.  The UKVI had big problems with the document uploading "system" for a long time. Basically, it didn't work properly. They didn't really openly admit this, and many applications were refused on the grounds that some documents weren't submitted. This led to lots of complaints, appeals (in settlement visa refusals), etc. Documents are scanned to the "cloud", and ECOs were unable to locate or see some of the uploads. This applied in both self-uploading and VFS uploading. There has been no notification as to whether the problems have been fixed or not.  Of course, there is nothing to stop you using both systems to upload your documents.  If you use VFS scanning, then I would recommend making a list of every document you are getting scanned. Then ask the VFS person to sign the list to confirm that each document was uploaded. They will probably refuse, but if your wife can be forceful in the face of "authority", then she might succeed. Other have done so.  If you use self-uploading you will get a printable receipt. It lists the documents that you have uploaded, so make sure that each document description (before you upload them ) is concise and clear.  Either option, or both, will be useful if the application gets refused for "missing" documents.

Regarding the documents  for your accommodation. Yes, submit a copy of your mother's passport.  If you are submitting a Title Register, then also submitting mortgage statements is unnecessary (and vice versa). It is duplication.  Regarding the environmental search and layout, I have never submitted these. They are not required documents, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, then  submit them.  ECOs can, and do, use Google street view and Zoopla to check properties. If it is unclear that a flat/property, for instance, is one or two bedroom, then they might ask for more evidence, but, from experience, that seems rare.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...