Current step by step entry details for re-entry on Non O extension

Need to come back in next week to extend retirement extension.

First attempt at doing this, so could someone please explain step by step for how to come back in and various requirements/procedures.

Currently have tentative plane ticket booking and can arrange PCR (72 hours before departure?).

Not really sure how to do the rest, ASQ hotel bookings, and required time needed to clear quarantine etc.

Also best costs, and possible ASQ locations? Is it possible to choose such as Bangkok or Pattaya? Does it all have to be done online?

How many days before extension expires recommended entry etc.

Any and all advice welcome.

OP, just to clarify. 

Your on extension to non O retirement. 

You have all the financials in place re bank account for your extension. 

You want to come bank to obtain extension. 

You have a reentry permit. 

Surely your not just returning to obtain extension.

Ridiculous time to travel to Thailand.

Best start afresh when travel is more predictable and requirements not involving quarantine.

It's easy to start over with visa exempt entry at a later time. 

I assume that you do not have a valid non O-A and are in fact doing an extensions to non O 

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, just to clarify. 

Your on extension to non O retirement. 

You have all the financials in place re bank account for your extension. 

You want to come bank to obtain extension. 

You have a reentry permit. 

Surely your not just returning to obtain extension.

Ridiculous time to travel to Thailand.

Best start afresh when travel is more predictable and requirements not involving quarantine.

It's easy to start over with visa exempt entry at a later time. 

I assume that you do not have a valid non O-A and are in fact doing an extensions to non O 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thank you for your advice.

Just to clarify this is for extending, Non-O retirement, currently on 12 month extension.

All other requirements on financials, re-entry permit, etc. are met.

Do you have any specific information on, ASQ hotel bookings, and required time needed to clear quarantine etc.

Also best costs, and possible ASQ locations? Is it possible to choose such as Bangkok or Pattaya? Does it all have to be done online?

Thanks again.

Edited by neytil
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, neytil said:

Thank you for your advice.

Just to clarify this is for extending, Non-O retirement, currently on 12 month extension.

All other requirements on financials, re-entry permit, etc. are met.

Do you have any specific information on, ASQ hotel bookings, and required time needed to clear quarantine etc.

Thanks again.

All your questions are about current entry requirements. 

Currently these are not completely clear. You would be able to enter and do quarantine at Bangkok or look into Phuket sandbox option.

All this is covered in many current threads.

However again your return if solely to keep your extentions ongoing, I suggest that is plain crazy. 

The pathway to enter visa exempt obtain a new non O and then extension is very simple. Especially for you as the bank account and financials are in place.

Put your travel off for time being 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, puck2 said:

@Dr.Jack54 forgets it nearly every time for retirement extension:

• if you  have a monthly income or pension of at least 65,000 Thai baht.

Then you don't need so much paperwork, it's easier.

My advice has nothing to do with which  method he is using.

My advice would be same if using income method or money in bank. 

Or even an agent.

Best not to travel to Thailand at this time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your options for the Phuket Sandbox or a AQ hotel stay of 7 or 10 days depends upon whether your are full vacated or not.

Seven days may not be enough to get a Thailand Pass issued. See here for info. https://tp.consular.go.th/

Thank you Ubonjoe.

Phuket is not a possibility.

So based on original questions, and if double vaxed,  is a Thailand Pass, the only current option with a 7 day quarantine, and how to go about making arrangements,for Thailand Pass, hotel, etc.  Could the quarantine also be other than Bangkok, such as Pattaya? I will check the website, you noted and hopefully answer the questions.

Also trying to understand how long Thailand pass takes to get registered, as you noted 7 days may not be enough?

If another thread covers this and the original questions, happy to be pointed in the right direction.

Edited by neytil

25 minutes ago, neytil said:

If another thread covers this and the original questions, happy to be pointed in the right direction

As stated earlier, there are many current threads regarding Thailand Pass. Scroll drown this forum threads and you will find several. 

Also as mentioned earlier, there may be update regarding the rules and options to enter Thailand using TP. That is expected today.

There are agents that can assist you. 

Many current threads with nightmare stories of obtaining this or that with only day or two prior to flight. All that is in the threads I just mentioned.

If that's not bad enough testing positive post arrival is also possible. Threads re that in Thai News forum.

Here is a random one to kick off your research. Several others.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1245566-horror-story-of-my-thailand-pass-application/ 

And another. Just under your thread.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

All your questions are about current entry requirements. 

Currently these are not completely clear. You would be able to enter and do quarantine at Bangkok or look into Phuket sandbox option.

All this is covered in many current threads.

However again your return if solely to keep your extentions ongoing, I suggest that is plain crazy. 

The pathway to enter visa exempt obtain a new non O and then extension is very simple. Especially for you as the bank account and financials are in place.

Put your travel off for time being 

Dr. Jack, I was going to return to Thailand soon just to renew my O-non immigrant extension. I meet all requirements.   But what you said makes so much sense to let it expire and enter after covid requirements finished.  As a US citizen I can return to Thailand on a visa exempt.  However, all official Thai embassy sites say visa exempt good for only 30 days max and than must exit. So I'm a bit confused.

Thank you

6 minutes ago, George masaoka said:

However, all official Thai embassy sites say visa exempt good for only 30 days max and than must exit

When you enter visa exempt you are granted 30 day stay.

In first couple weeks of arrival you attend Thai immigration.

With 800k in bank on day you attend you will obtain non O retirement.

That gives you a 90 day stay. 

In the last 30 days of that permission you attend immigration again and obtain 12 month extension. Very straight forward. Return when situation improves. 

Today we were updated about the test and go that was previously available. It's now closed till further notice however sandbox options are available. Notably Phuket and other places. I haven't read the details as yet but seriously it's bad time to visit Thailand imo. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In the last 30 days of that permission you attend immigration again and obtain 12 month extension. Very straight forward. Return when situation improves. 

Today we were updated about the test and go that was previously available. It's now closed till further notice however sandbox options are available. Notably Phuket and other places. I haven't read the details as yet but seriously it's bad time to visit Thailand imo. 

All correct above, except that you can go in the last 45 days of the 90 day permission to get your one year extension. 

2 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

All correct above, except that you can go in the last 45 days of the 90 day permission to get your one year extension. 

Depends on the office.

Not really the point.

He would have the 800k in the bank for the non O and then can obtain extension when suits depending on his imm office and the money having been in bank for 2 months. 

Im a bit surprised by all this as I have tried to keep up with the info , but  now realise I didnt understand.

I currently reside in Phuket and planned to renew my O-A Visa thru Grace in Bkk at TVS by  due date Feb 9 this year . I bought a return flight to Sydney for  March 6 and come back to Phuket after 3 weeks in Australia. ( Mar. 27 ) 

I intended buying a Re-entry Permit and to return as normal , meaning without anything other paperwork  , like in pre-Covid times. 

I now realise , worryingly ,   that on current rules , this will not suffice  and   I must get a Sandbox permit to return to my home,  defacto and grand child  living here in Phuket.

You all are aware that the O-A is a pain and anytime Ive attempted to change to an O no agent appears interested for some reason ( joke ) 

But the option of leave without Re-entry permit /return under sandbox and  request 30 day  exempt/ extend ( with an agent?) is something that may be an option in March ? ( I do not to have 800k in my KBank etc) 

What do others think ? 

I know that nobody can predict the future , but is the idea viable for now ?

Also , while Ive been typing this Ive come across an agent based at Chalong who says he can change me to an  O ( cost 20k )  in the next couple of weeks ( and he has a friend ) . Should I do that ?

I guess the real q is whether to get a re-entry permit  for travel to Sydney or dont , as all hinges on that.

Anyway , your thoughts ....TIA.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

Actually it is possible to get a Non-O for 90 days online: https://thaievisa.go.th

It worked for me recently.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:25 AM, puck2 said:

@Dr.Jack54 forgets it nearly every time for retirement extension:

• if you  have a monthly income or pension of at least 65,000 Thai baht.

Then you don't need so much paperwork, it's easier.

Or a combination of income and bank balance.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, zaZa9 said:

Im a bit surprised by all this as I have tried to keep up with the info , but  now realise I didnt understand.

I currently reside in Phuket and planned to renew my O-A Visa thru Grace in Bkk at TVS by  due date Feb 9 this year . I bought a return flight to Sydney for  March 6 and come back to Phuket after 3 weeks in Australia. ( Mar. 27 ) 

I intended buying a Re-entry Permit and to return as normal , meaning without anything other paperwork  , like in pre-Covid times. 

I now realise , worryingly ,   that on current rules , this will not suffice  and   I must get a Sandbox permit to return to my home,  defacto and grand child  living here in Phuket.

You all are aware that the O-A is a pain and anytime Ive attempted to change to an O no agent appears interested for some reason ( joke ) 

But the option of leave without Re-entry permit /return under sandbox and  request 30 day  exempt/ extend ( with an agent?) is something that may be an option in March ? ( I do not to have 800k in my KBank etc) 

What do others think ? 

I know that nobody can predict the future , but is the idea viable for now ?

Also , while Ive been typing this Ive come across an agent based at Chalong who says he can change me to an  O ( cost 20k )  in the next couple of weeks ( and he has a friend ) . Should I do that ?

I guess the real q is whether to get a re-entry permit  for travel to Sydney or dont , as all hinges on that.

Anyway , your thoughts ....TIA.

Interesting.

First up my plan would be to burn the non O-A.

It's a pity that your trip to Oz is a week after your due date for extension. If your trip had been just prior to expiry of your current permission of stay then you could just exit without a reentry permit.

Then return visa exempt and obtain non O in Thailand.

That process already outlined in this thread.

If covid extensions continue you could obtain one of those to cover the few weeks from expiry of you current permit till your flight out.

With regards your use of agent that's all fine. Do you actually have the funds in the bank?

I ask because extensions retirement and also obtaining the non O is a very easy process.

Think you mentioned DeFacto. Yes of course that has legal meaning in Oz but means zip here in Thailand. Married guys can obtain 60 extension to visit wife.

BTW you stated this....

"Ive come across an agent based at Chalong who says he can change me to an  O ( cost 20k )  in the next couple of weeks ( and he has a friend ) . Should I do that ?" 

I don't accept that. You mentioned Grace TVC. Run that idea past her and she will say no..(imo) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Interesting.

First up my plan would be to burn the non O-A.

It's a pity that your trip to Oz is a week after your due date for extension. If your trip had been just prior to expiry of your current permission of stay then you could just exit without a reentry permit.

Then return visa exempt and obtain non O in Thailand.

That process already outlined in this thread.

If covid extensions continue you could obtain one of those to cover the few weeks from expiry of you current permit till your flight out.

With regards your use of agent that's all fine. Do you actually have the funds in the bank?

I ask because extensions retirement and also obtaining the non O is a very easy process.

Think you mentioned DeFacto. Yes of course that has legal meaning in Oz but means zip here in Thailand. Married guys can obtain 60 extension to visit wife.

BTW you stated this....

"Ive come across an agent based at Chalong who says he can change me to an  O ( cost 20k )  in the next couple of weeks ( and he has a friend ) . Should I do that ?" 

I don't accept that. You mentioned Grace TVC. Run that idea past her and she will say no..(imo) 

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Firstly , thanks for making a reply. 

I decided to burn the O-A.  It has had no end of tweeks and changes  made to it since it was deemed , "the best" back in 2008 when I arrived .

Plus it now has a fairly expensive Insurance stipulation and I already I have  good insurance with Aetna and  also the written  guarantee to be offered cover by Aetna  for life. 

I looked in to the Agent  who would change my status to 'O' from 'O-A' and found acquaintances who had used their  services  ( husband and wife ) and rec'd them. They now had Extensions based on 'O' . One was on his second.

For 23k  bt  my status would become 'O' and a years Extension supplied.

I would not need to bring in 800k that is currently earning me 10.8% in my investment plan back in Oz. Nor would I , as a holder of an extension based on an 'O' visa , need the new "3 million" bt policy. (I was really worried that on my return in March that a demanding airport IO might insist on seeing a copy of   my 3million baht/400 in , 40 out   policy papers should I still have been 'O-A' ! ) 

I added 1200 bt so the agent will include a re-entry permit for the 'O'. 

I will do my own 90 day reports at the PT drive thru.

All going well I  hope to have it all sorted in 10 more days.

Thanks again for your interest Dr Jack.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks.

Was not aware of that.

You were in Thailand when you applied for the non O.

No, I'm in Europe at the moment. Maybe it was easy for me due to the fact that I've had Non-O for 14 years before, just not the last 2 years due to Covid.