Highway Police traffic tickets

Banana7

Throw them in the bin as they don't follow up, they send 1 letter for late payment and that's it, and nothing happens when you renew the road tax, my nephew is a cop and he told me don't worry about the fines nobody pays.

9 hours ago, Banana7 said:

best to pay it at a bank teller?

It's much more pleassnt than paying at a police station.

Unfortunately the last time I did that I got a parking ticket outside the bank.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, alien365 said:

They have parking tickets here? I seriously never knew. 

Unfortunately.

First time.  Small city/village also.

500 baht.

Speeding ticket+Parking ticket=Bad day.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Unfortunately.

First time.  Small city/village also.

500 baht.

Speeding ticket+Parking ticket=Bad day.

The police would be seriously rich, or have a price on their heads, if they started handing them out in my province. 

5 minutes ago, alien365 said:

The police would be seriously rich, or have a price on their heads, if they started handing them out in my province. 

Depends on his definition of small city / village.

12 minutes ago, petermanzano said:

I've been caught by the traffic police many times because of my number plate. They always said that it is not that clear for them to see and they think I was doing it on purpose illegally. I am always telling them it is the standard from where I bought my car and still I've been ticketed many times. I just decided to change it then and look for a number plate makers to customize it and I found https://www.showplatesworld.com/show-plates-maker/so interesting. They help me solve my problem and even get my number plates look good than usual. 

Dumb advert..... not even Thailand related. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

On many of the expressways / motorway type roads outside of Bangkok the speed limits reduce to 90kmh... 

When the roads are fairly quiet there are pockets of traffic travelling at 120-140kmh.....   

IMO its a lot safer to be travelling at the same speed as other traffic rather that doing 90 kmh and have loads of cars trying to pass with a 30-50kmh speed difference. 

Others will disagree.... 

That idea has been successfully used as a defense in some American states. It actually makes sense in some situations.

A cop pulled me over one night for speeding.
I told him I wanted away from a drunk before he wrecked his car. A minute later the drunk barreled past. The cop tipped his hat to me and took off in pursuit. End of story.

Few years ago photo and ticket in post. Red light camera. Mrs said "you were driving, up to you." I was driving at the time.  Stuck behind <deleted> aerosol of express bus and speeding traffic up my <deleted> aerosol, only saw traffic lights as I went through intersection. F'n dangerous!

Ticket said pay (800B or so) by money order to station where ticket issued. Stamped, addressed envelope for receipt to be sent. Ok. Did as told, good boy.

Never got the receipt...

Mrs got parking ticket under wiper. Shoved in glovebox for months with no intention to ever pay. When I did a clean out it was binned. No repercussions.

Live and learn...

Edited by Kiwithl
Add info