Forgetting to have the 2nd PCR test 5-7 days after landing. Will it effect chances of getting a 30 days extension?

7 hours ago, donx said:

What is it you uploaded? A photo of your test results or something else? Only my wife received an electronic copy (or was it a link?) to her test results in a LINE message. Neither my son nor daughter received anything other than a paper version of their test results. The Phatthalung government hospital was clueless about this required PCR test and treated my family as any other persons requesting  a PCR test. I’ll have to ask my son if he ever received a message from the MorChana App since I know he was able to install it whereas my wife couldn’t figure it out. I told her to delete it, reinstall it, choose English instead of Thai, and have our son help her. I don’t know if she ever did as I suggested.

In any event, I’m content that they have a printout of their test results in the unlikely event that someone asks to see the results of their 2nd PCR test.

My test result was emailed to me as a pdf the following morning. I didn't get (or expect) a paper copy, with only the one visit there.

The link in the Morchana notification was a personalised URL, because my name appeared on the web page when I used the link.

The forms I filled out at the hospital had "Test & Go" on them so it was a slightly different procedure from a normal test I think.

Edited by Tuvoc

Having uploaded the pdf test result to the website, the Morechana app now shows me as green "Very Low Risk" compared to orange Medium risk beforehand. For what it is worth...

Edited by Tuvoc

On 1/8/2022 at 6:16 PM, sezze said:

While it is never smart to forget "official paperwork" , if you still get 1 , it does show "good intend" . I mean if it is within certain time frame , not after 3 weeks , when should be 5-7 days . I always believe that even officials do show compassion if a person does try to do the right thing , even after they done "wrong" in the 1st place . You can always have a bad officer , but i believe the chances of having a easier system after does rely on 2 sides , especially if you do have something not right .

So , go to test center as soon as possible and get yourself tested , you are too late , but if it is only a few days , you can get away with it .

I would be curious to know which hospital the poster contacted about getting the 2nd Covid test. I was unable to schedule mine and decided not to go to the big government Banglamung Hospital as it was crowded with thousands (yes, 1000s) of waiting patients milling around in close proximity, so I went to a private hospital (Pattaya Memorial) and paid 3500 for an official test. The problem is I can't upload the test result to the Communicable Disease Center's website because I don't have a "laboratory number", and so I can't submit. I haven't figured out how to get around this issue, so technically I am in non-compliance. Anyone have any ideas? 

13 minutes ago, sghanchey said:

I would be curious to know which hospital the poster contacted about getting the 2nd Covid test. I was unable to schedule mine and decided not to go to the big government Banglamung Hospital as it was crowded with thousands (yes, 1000s) of waiting patients milling around in close proximity, so I went to a private hospital (Pattaya Memorial) and paid 3500 for an official test. The problem is I can't upload the test result to the Communicable Disease Center's website because I don't have a "laboratory number", and so I can't submit. I haven't figured out how to get around this issue, so technically I am in non-compliance. Anyone have any ideas? 

Send the result to your Test & Go hotel.

Pattaya Memorial is nto included in the list of hospitals where testing was available for free, hence the charge. Hopefully your result will still be accepted.

There are 4 private hospitals in Chonburi listed for free Day5-7 testing under the T&G scheme: 

Jomtien Hospital

Aikchol 2 Hospital

Vibharam Amatanakorn Hosp

Vibharam Laemchabang Hospital

51 minutes ago, sghanchey said:

The problem is I can't upload the test result to the Communicable Disease Center's website because I don't have a "laboratory number", and so I can't submit. I haven't figured out how to get around this issue, so technically I am in non-compliance. Anyone have any ideas? 

I used a hospital on the approved list. I did not see a laboratory number anywhere on the negative test certificate, so in that field I simply entered the hospital name. Should be sufficient.

Seems to be a "conscience" issue....rather like an "honesty" box on a golf course. 

Don't take the test and there's seemingly no follow up or accountability.

Take it. and if it's unfortunately positive. it opens up a can of worms for all concerned as in the Koh Chang saga.

49 minutes ago, mancub said:

Seems to be a "conscience" issue....rather like an "honesty" box on a golf course. 

Don't take the test and there's seemingly no follow up or accountability.

Take it. and if it's unfortunately positive. it opens up a can of worms for all concerned as in the Koh Chang saga.

I would not count on no fall-out for ignoring this. If it is discovered while you are in-country there definitely could be consequences.

Even if you have safely left, failure of people to do this will have significant consequences on decisions around Test & Go: whether to honor existing approvals for those who have not yet entered, and whether/when to resume it.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, EricTh said:

If you don't do it, you know that you're breaking Thai law, don't you?

Look at the guy who left the hotel after taking the first test.

Oh please. He had tested positive. Apples and tangerines. Please, please use your judgment and discrimination. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I would not count on no fall-out for ignoring this. If it is discovered while you are in-country there definitely could be consequences.

Even if you have safely left, failure of people to do this will have significant consequences on decisions around Test & Go: whether to honor existing approvals for those who have not yet entered, and whether/when to resume it.

I'm not advocating dis-obedience !

My contention being: how exactly is it going to be discovered ?

I ask this, as a friend who very recently arrived under the scheme, said that, when asked, his BKK hotel had" no idea whatsoever " about what he should to about this 2nd test.

Personally I think Test & Go is a dead duck simply because it's realised now that it just can't be implemented as intended.

Whether they honour existing approvals is likely more dependent on whether or not they consider the number too large to accept, given the obvious monitoring faults with it.   

• Like 1

Went to Kalasin Hospital on Monday 10th January for my day 5 PCR test, apparently they don’t issue test certificates or inform you of the test result, they will only contact you if you test positive! I doubt whether they have entered my result on any data base. I feel that I have complied with all the requirements.

1 hour ago, Tim16 said:

Went to Kalasin Hospital on Monday 10th January for my day 5 PCR test, apparently they don’t issue test certificates or inform you of the test result, they will only contact you if you test positive! I doubt whether they have entered my result on any data base. I feel that I have complied with all the requirements.

You should be able to request a written result.

I also went to a government hospital, they had me return for the results and then initially gave me nothing but I told them I required it and they provided a copy of the report.

15 hours ago, mancub said:

Personally I think Test & Go is a dead duck simply because it's realised now that it just can't be implemented as intended.

It could be, just needs a clear system for tracking the follow up test. If they do it for Sandbox they could do it for T&G.

Logical solution would be to make the initial hotel responsible for uploading the result. Some of them already do.

• Like 1