Three More Provinces Added to Sandbox Program, Test & Go Pre-approved Applicants Allowed to Enter Thailand

ASEAN NOW

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

So until the 15th the 1 day Test N Go approved folks are still in a hold pattern.

Yeah that's what struck me as well. Having to wait until the 15th to know whether you're allowed to enter as from the 15th, happy planning.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Yeah that's what struck me as well. Having to wait until the 15th to know whether you're allowed to enter as from the 15th, happy planning.

Makes it hard for folks who are already scheduled and approved and were able to only take a vacation from work during a certain period of time to come.

Many of the Thais I know in the US were able to get time off over the first few weeks in February to come visit family during Chonese New Year and now are puckered up with the uncertainty. 

Edited by ThailandRyan

8 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I would be surprised if the one day quarantine isn't suspended for an indefinite period.

We have seen three groups of guests who came under the Test and Go umbrella.

They tested negative on their first  PCR test.

Left quarantine but tested positive on their second PCR test at their holiday accommodation.

They are then in quarantine for between 10 - 14 days at that accommodation. ie until they are clear.

Ur rigth.But the people travel to thailand this time think it want happend.Thailand is ready with many thousands hospitelbeds for those.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

That's not correct. Currently all with a Test & Go Thai Pass are allowed to enter until further notice as per the Gazzette. The 15th date is now just when the next meeting is to occur where it can be discussed.

I'm sick of all these rumours as the official status of Test & Go since 22 Dec has never changed for people that had a current Thai Pass. All this talk about the 10th cut-off  and then 15th cut-off has never been approved at any level. 

Note: I canceled my 13th Jan trip because of all these cut-off rumours. Luckily I was able to reinstate everything after Friday's meeting with only an additional $70 for flight

I feel sorry for the folks like you who this government has stressed out beyond belief. Hoping this stays in Play as my TNG is approved for late February, the 27th to be exact.

Edited by ThailandRyan

15 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I don't understand why they suspend the test and go but allow the sandbox. Newly arrived tourists are allowed into the local community in the sandbox scheme and can therefore pass on covid to Thais and enceother tourists who could subsequently travel and spread it. 

To me it makes no sense. Either open with test and go or quarantine all arrivals.

Basically the same right!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I don't understand why they suspend the test and go but allow the sandbox. Newly arrived tourists are allowed into the local community in the sandbox scheme and can therefore pass on covid to Thais and enceother tourists who could subsequently travel and spread it. 

To me it makes no sense. Either open with test and go or quarantine all arrivals.

Mix of incompetence, fear and greed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Mix of incompetence, fear and greed.

Yawn, another greed comment.  Care to explain the greed involved?   (I am guessing you won't as usually these types of comments are "bash and go" - throw out a generic anti-Thai comment, move on to the next thread and do the same)

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yawn, another greed comment.  Care to explain the greed involved?   (I am guessing you won't as usually these types of comments are "bash and go" - throw out a generic anti-Thai comment, move on to the next thread and do the same)

Why quarantine tourists in Bangkok and not in Phuket?

They want to fuel tourists money to the islands.No matter how <deleted>scared, they are about Corona, they still find ways to milk the cow.

LE.Why 7 or 10 days mandatory on the islands under the sandbox...Why not 11 or 16? It is pure economical.Tourists areas are in desperate need of money.

Edited by drenddy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I would be surprised if the one day quarantine isn't suspended for an indefinite period.

We have seen three groups of guests who came under the Test and Go umbrella.

They tested negative on their first  PCR test.

Left quarantine but tested positive on their second PCR test at their holiday accommodation.

They are then in quarantine for between 10 - 14 days at that accommodation. ie until they are clear.

So they probably caught it after arriving in Thailand then.

Seems they are bound and determined to not let Pattaya re-open if they can help it. I can imagine the day, not too far in the future, when they announce that all provinces are fully re-opened, except for Chon Buri and more specifically, the Pattaya Administrative Area.

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

SANDBOX!!!! … You mean get the tourists in and then hit them with positive test to Quarantine for 10 days at 3500 baht a night … Ask the Koh Samui Aussie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

Planning and management. This hasn't been the case from the start.

5 hours ago, stigar said:

This country is so crazy about money from foreigners that they skip every chances to make the thai peope safe.Why do u think they open alot of hospitels?Good luck to all of u who take the chance.

They know very well, that these tourist dollars are what sustains Thailand in every sector.  They just don't want to admit it. 

• Like 2

I'm.planning(hopefully) realistically to return to LOS in June.

I've been holding back. and holding back.

Maybe by June it will be sorted out.

I'm lucky I have no children. I speak with the wife on video call 3 times a day. We are both late 50"s so we can wait.

As for the tourists? Do they take the risk or don't they?

The choice is theirs, however, a 4 hour flight from London to the Canaries (freedom to travel) might be a wise choice for now.

Personally I would choose LOS over anywhere but I have a logical reason to visit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Millcx said:

SANDBOX!!!! … You mean get the tourists in and then hit them with positive test to Quarantine for 10 days at 3500 baht a night … Ask the Koh Samui Aussie

3500 per day for 10 days...that sounds like a bargain. Usually the charges are 60k upwards, sometimes more than 200k.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1