Maximum 15a allowed

sead

5 hours ago, sead said:

So after my gf called the PEA yesterday and asked for an upgrade.  1 woman and 2 guys came to my house to check today. Again they guaranteed that it will be enough power. Let's see in couple of weeks when it's finished.. Ty all for information and help. I will check for the smaller AC to use in the rooms.

Good luck.

Keep us updated.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sead said:

The electrician just now promised it will be enough for a couple of aircons and pc and fans in all rooms. That's gonna be interesting

I have a 15/45 meter.  I have had no problem.  Refrigerator, freezer, induction range, water heater for shower and kitchen sink, sometime running 3 ACs at the same time.

You could ask if you can get 3 phase.

The guy I am working with for my new house says I can get a 30A single phase meter though.  I would have to pay to run a couple more lines to get 3 phase.

• Thanks 1

We have 15/45 Amp supply, and run up to 2 air conditioners, electric shower (4500 watt), 2 fridge freezers, fans, numerous kitchen appliances, and a shop with 2 display fridges and 3 washing machines. Never had a problem except when the rest of the village has it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, treetops said:

15 (amps) is calibration current, 45 is maximum current, although in practice it can handle more.

45A is the calibration range over which it is guaranteed and adjusted to be accurate it is completely safe to draw 60A~80A though at those current draws it’s accuracy is debatable, as mentioned often it is extremely unlikely to give a low reading.