Restaurants are being targeted unfairly for a big jump in Covid Cases in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, smedly said:

The reason for the outbreak is pretty clear 

1. Opening borders and Pattaya to foreign tourists without opening up enough venues to support them which created mass overcrowding in a very compact area of Pattaya that was clearly not equiped to handle the numbers

2. Telling foreign tourists that Thailand (Pattaya) was open when it clearly wasn't (see above), as I said before - either open up or don't - this was clearly a massive error to create some sort of half way house with pubs still being forced closed - how on earth was that going to work - it created mass overcrowding in a very compact area

3. who to blame - well the authorities and their stupid restrictions and opening up to tourists when they clearly were not ready which created mass overcrowding in a very compact area

4. Do I blame the few venues that tried to pack em in - not one bit - not their fault that they became overwhelmed.

5. Do I blame the tourists who swamped the place - not one bit, they were told Thailand was open when it clearly wasn't 

Like I have said before - either open up or don't - no half measures, and they should have opened up to locals weeks before accepting foreign tourists 

What next - likely a ### lockdown  of their own making because of their stupid insistance on control and not allowing the place to fully open in the first place - you cannot defeat stupidity like that

Yes Smedly. As I have said before,.....Thailand is not "Open", maybe an airport or 3 and then danger awaits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

The reason for the outbreak is pretty clear 

1. Opening borders and Pattaya to foreign tourists without opening up enough venues to support them which created mass overcrowding in a very compact area of Pattaya that was clearly not equiped to handle the numbers

2. Telling foreign tourists that Thailand (Pattaya) was open when it clearly wasn't (see above), as I said before - either open up or don't - this was clearly a massive error to create some sort of half way house with pubs still being forced closed - how on earth was that going to work - it created mass overcrowding in a very compact area

3. who to blame - well the authorities and their stupid restrictions and opening up to tourists when they clearly were not ready which created mass overcrowding in a very compact area

4. Do I blame the few venues that tried to pack em in - not one bit - not their fault that they became overwhelmed.

5. Do I blame the tourists who swamped the place - not one bit, they were told Thailand was open when it clearly wasn't 

Like I have said before - either open up or don't - no half measures, and they should have opened up to locals weeks before accepting foreign tourists 

What next - likely a ### lockdown  of their own making because of their stupid insistance on control and not allowing the place to fully open in the first place - you cannot defeat stupidity like that

What do you expect ?   Good management is difficult to find in Thailand, particularly near the top of the money tree.

And as for visualising the future from actions taken (or not taken) now, well, the study of cause and effect has yet to reach Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bbko said:

But the restaurants can limit the number of customers they allow in right?  I visited tree town not too long ago just to see what's it's like, and the place was PACKED, zero social distancing,  hundreds of mask-less people sitting within arms reach of each other.  Took me all of 5 seconds to determine it's not worth risking catching covid and quickly left. 

And then 30% of people tested there had the Vid.  Sure they were spreading it for weeks.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So they have acknowledged that there has been a dramatic rise in cases in the Pattaya area.....

Now we play the blame game as everywhere shuts?

Yes! Yes! Yes!  You get it.  How do they not lose face when everyone can see their tactics?

7 minutes ago, losername said:

So major events produce no cases at all.  Restaurants are to blame for the outbreak and, at one location 25% of tests were positive.  Now Mr Mayor, if you want to be believed, show us the real numbers.

Ha-ha..do u belive that?He will be quiet..wait for the full lockdown!!!!Same in BKK alot of more hospiels.

The SHA is a stupid idea you open all bars and resturants under strict limits of customers and hygiene excluding rats who tend to part of the pattaya landscape

Like in normal times certification is for tea money collection under the

"operating illegal tag"