Remitly for international money transfer: Has anyone used it?

I've been looking for an international money transfer service and came across Remitly which has a lot of positive reviews.  It can be used using a PC or a smartphone. I've spoken with one of their reps and transfer in and out of Thailand is ok (Bangkok bank is in their "system"). I haven't used it yet and am wondering if anyone has used Remitly.

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Again the question has to be why would anyone for inbound transfers use anyone other than Transfer(wise) proven time after time to give the best bottom line

Thanks for your response.  I just started looking into money transfer services and came across Remitly.  Hadn't even heard of Wise. Did a Google search now comparing the two - after reading your post.  You're correct; while Remitly has some advantages over Wise (advantages which are not needed by me), Wise looks to be the best choice for me.  Thanks again for your post.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jayjay2001 said:

You're correct; while Remitly has some advantages over Wise (advantages which are not needed by me), Wise looks to be the best choice for me.

Be aware that you will currently not be able to send money out of Thailand using Wise, only send money in.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:43 PM, Chivas said:

Again the question has to be why would anyone for inbound transfers use anyone other than Transfer(wise) proven time after time to give the best bottom line

I just had a message from wise saying due to new regs I cannot send more than 50k at a time to Kasikorn, some banks you can others not. Anyone know what's behind this? Just tried could only transfer just over 1000k

13 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

I just had a message from wise saying due to new regs I cannot send more than 50k at a time to Kasikorn, some banks you can others not. Anyone know what's behind this? Just tried could only transfer just over 1000k

You can still send over that amount if you're sending to an account with one of their partner banks so it appears as if it's to do with non-Swift or cross border transactions being restricted.