They said I cannot use COVID extensions anymore. How to prolong my stay?

1 hour ago, theWTD said:

Sounds like CW in BKK is becoming difficult to get the COVID extensions. 

Are there any places that are known as being easier?   What "residence" duration is needed to get the extension in a new area?  Just a quick TM30 register from any hotel?

I am due to get the COVID extension and am flexible in my travel plans. 

Seems it might be easier for people to take a little holiday to a more friendly immigration office than mess with BKK.  I had my 30 day extension done in Kanchanaburi, which was a nice place to spend a few days and the Immigration office there was not crowded, staffed by some young maybe-english-students that sort of shuffled the process along, and quite easy.  If you only need a few nights hotel there to get the extension, it might be worth leaving town. 

I think u have to do that at the same immigration that u get it last time.(kanchanaburi)

On 1/12/2022 at 7:34 PM, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Today i went to CW for my 2nd covid extension
No problem at all and did not ask anything

I always have my papers ready that including TM 30 report (thats important) 

Also i always have a "ticket" print back to my country......in case they ask
Also have a print of the situation in europe.....in case
Also have my wife with me....(including her blue book)....in case
I never used my "backups"
Till end march i am ok and then we will see again
No problems at all

Agreed i always go into a thai office expecting the worst and hope for the best

I even have one nice shirt to wear--long pants--speak polite--etc...play the game

check there are no holidays--have all my papers ready and try to be a "quality tourist"  ????

On 1/12/2022 at 8:24 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks @BritTim.   I know of one other person in the forum who received the same threat by the same IO in Bangkok(MTT).  Well, I guess if they don't extend the program on 25-Jan it's a moot point anyway since us who were here on these extensions will have to find some other alternatives.

Yeah I have been told by the one sitting on the far right (at MTT), a bit older than the others and a bit heavier than the others that I need to get a ticket and leave but this time she will give me 60 days one more time.  And this one was also saying she won't give me an extension on my first covid extension over a year ago. Since then I was always called to another IOs desk but this time got "lucky" again ????   I don't plan to do any more extensions so either way fine by me ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, audaciousnomad said:

In Bangkok I successfully got a 60-day stamp to 25-Mar. They remember my face by now(I've been here since pandemic began).  I was verbally told that this is the LAST extension.

They have said this is the LAST ONE a few times before when I extended. Each time I still got the stamp approved. Then shortly afterwards govt announced that covid extension program was extended. So I kept returning.

Something different from the previous times is that the lady threatened that if she sees me in March, I will only be given 7 days, not 60. Not sure what to make of that, but maybe this time they really mean it?

Should I apply in a different office when March comes?

Lol. Somebody doesn't like you. I'm pretty sure I know who...the new number system at MTT means you can't avoid a problematic agent

On 1/16/2022 at 1:55 PM, Excel said:

Exactly. too many are just out and out scammers abusing the system. The Thais have bent over backwards to help those in a difficult situation with their visas yet people still come expecting to take the p***s out of the system.

Really?? So how do u feel about people on retirement visas not meeting the financial requirements and using an agent to help them??? That seems to be ok,never any hate thrown at them. But hey anyone on covid extensions is playing the system...

23 minutes ago, Excel said:

You answered it yourself, hence your quote "But hey anyone on covid extensions is playing the system..."

Got a feeling your doing the same. Anyway your entitled to your opinion.

Edited by Daithi85

Did my COVID extension in Chiang Rai on the "last day" Jan 25.  (Of course it was extended but I had already done the pain of getting TM30, which was not easy in CR!)

Showed up at 10am, was the first falang there, 2 others in front.  Required TM30 printout, they took the screenshot from my phone and printed it out for me which was nice of them. Not sure why they couldn't look up in the computer.  Normal copies of passport, photo, and application.  

Office was quite polite, friendly, and easy.  Seemed happy to have me stick around.  "Oh COVID extension, ok!"

Received 14 days extra and required to return in two weeks for the full extension.   

Will be riding around the North on my motorcycle so no problem for me, which is why I picked CR, knowing the 14-day waiting period was possible.