Omicron will only disrupt Thai economy in first quarter of 2022, private sector says

webfact

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

and 1.2-2 per cent for inflation,

Sometimes I just want to give up with Thai predictions. Fact the world is seeing 5% up inflation rising across the world you would think would be a kick up the bottom to these people to at least think along similar lines

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) predicted on Wednesday that the outbreak of the Omicron variant will be under control by the first quarter of 2022

Such optimism.

• Like 1

Other topic just started says , Test & Go unlikely to return before middle of 2022 . That tourism isn't the complete economy is true , but in Thailand it is a good chunk . If you leave tourism out , what damage does Omicron do , anything more then Covid has done before ? I'm not staying Thailand , so i can only see it from far away , but anywhere i hear nothing more , in fact in most places less then previous variants . So that leaves a damage for tourism , which certainly is hurt from Omicron . If Test & Go is scrapped until middle of 2022 , not a lot of tourists will arrive in 2nd quarter also . That's just my opinion ...