USA testing requirements

Uth2006

Sorry but I am confused.  To fly back to USA from Thailand you need a Covid test within 1 day of departure.  I see you can have either the PCR test or Antigen test.  Anyone know which is more acceptable (we leave on JAL for Tokyo then USA)?  We leave at 08:05, which means we need to be tested and get results the same day.  Any recommendations on a reputable place near the Airport to have this done?  I have searched several websites but like many things on the internet, there is no way to know if they are legitimate.  Bangkok Hospital in Udon say they can do it, but we would have to get the test, fly to Bangkok and have results emailed to us.  They are now quoting 6500 baht for this.  This is ok if there are no problems. 

15 minutes ago, Uth2006 said:

To fly back to USA from Thailand you need a Covid test within 1 day of departure. 

What day/date/time does your flight depart BKK?

Let's say you depart on a Wednesday at 08:05, you could get a test as of Tuesday 00:01. (so ~ 32-ish hours)

You can get an ATK test here in 15 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/MedConsultClinicAsia/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#general

You must be tested with a viral test to look for current infection – these include an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).

Phrases indicating a test is an antigen test could include, but not are not limited to:

Rapid antigen test
Viral antigen test
Also, could be noted as Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay, Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay, or Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence

Edited by mtls2005

I am currently in Bangkok and taking a flight to LAX on Singapore Airlines.  I took my PCR test yesterday and got the result last night.  For the USA a test one day before your flight is required. If your flight is at 0805 then a test the day before is acceptable.  So if you take a Covid test on a Monday then this test is good until 2359 on Tuesday.  This satisfies the One day before requirement.  

Plenty of options in BKK for a PCR or Anti-gen test.  

Thanks for the input.  i really appreciate it.  When you get old sometimes you confuse yourself.  Seems there is so much emphasis on the PCR test which is pretty pricey here in Udonthani (6500 Baht at Bangkok Hospital).  Since we have to fly to Bangkok the day prior to our departure for an 08:05 flight the timing is critical.  

All that said thanks again.