Thai man who just had 2nd vaccine dose drinks himself to death - wife will take no action

webfact

7 hours ago, robblok said:

???? I wonder where you got that from, its common knowledge alcohol is considered a harddrug and weed soft drug. Says enough about what is worse.

Maybe you watched reefer madness for your knowledge. Weed does not cause mental problems (it can make them worse there is research about that). Good thing that alcohol does no such things 

Alcohol is linked to suicide, self-harm and psychosis

Alcohol can cause people to lose their inhibitions and behave impulsively, so it can lead to actions they might not otherwise have taken – including self-harm and even suicide.13 There is a strong association between drinking heavily (either chronic or acute alcohol misuse) and suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, and death from suicide.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/facts/health-effects-of-alcohol/mental-health/alcohol-and-mental-health

I have to admit a couple of times after I'd had too much the night before I did think being dead would feel better.

Edit. I do mean a couple of times, intake now is very small. A bottle of my favourite malt whisky can last a few weeks or longer.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

You never know in my countries antivaxers put a hit out on a doctor giving explanations of the benefits of getting vaccinated. Some antivaxers are total tools. 

Anyway, seems the "good" drug alcohol claimed an other life while the bad drug weed that has never killed anyone from an overdose is still illegal ????

Weed has not killed people from an overdose but that does not make it a safe drug, it impairs perception and judgement, can make you paranoid, stupid and even dangerous at times. Several people I knew back in the day were involved in road accidents under the influence of weed, one got lung cancer after 15 years of consumption.

Also, I would advise stopping using the term 'antivaxers' to refer to people who are reticent to receiving the Covid injections. If you must use a label, I would suggest 'anti-covidist', covidism being the political measures implemented under the guise of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Rather a chilling weed user then a violent alcoholic. The only thing weed users assault is a mars bar. Alcohol users... we all know how much violence that causes.

Anyway do find me one weed overdose .. here we got an other death from alcohol, so its quite clear what drug is the more dangerous one.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/206300#2

Science proves you alcohol lovers wrong. But i doubt any of you will read it as it goes against the belief that alcohol is a good drug.

alcohol.JPG

You are wrong about weed users not being violent it is a popular myth disseminated by users. Paranoia often leads to violence and yes you are probably right about alcohol but as I said many cannabis users divert attention to alcohol as if Alcohol's worse effect, excuses the bad effects of cannabis, which it does not.

37 minutes ago, RobU said:

You are wrong about weed users not being violent it is a popular myth disseminated by users. Paranoia often leads to violence and yes you are probably right about alcohol but as I said many cannabis users divert attention to alcohol as if Alcohol's worse effect, excuses the bad effects of cannabis, which it does not.

The paranoia is rare, but happens in people susceptible to it. Just like some people turn into alcoholics. Weed if vaped is many many times better then alcohol. But point being alcohol users seem to think they are so good while its far worse. Weed would be far better. Having said that and having used weed in the past (and other drugs). Anyway violence from weed is far less again as that from alcohol. So its time that people who use alcohol stop bashing weed and accept it as safer The research show overwhelmingly that alcohol is many times worse.

My main problem with weed was that it killed my diet als the reason I wont touch it anymore. Don't want to be fat. (Personal thing). However i loved it for how it let me sleep well. 

The bad efects of weed are far less then alcohol, so countries should just legalize it and of course go after idiots that use it while driving too. 

7 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Weed has not killed people from an overdose but that does not make it a safe drug, it impairs perception and judgement, can make you paranoid, stupid and even dangerous at times. Several people I knew back in the day were involved in road accidents under the influence of weed, one got lung cancer after 15 years of consumption.

Also, I would advise stopping using the term 'antivaxers' to refer to people who are reticent to receiving the Covid injections. If you must use a label, I would suggest 'anti-covidist', covidism being the political measures implemented under the guise of Covid.

Nah I will keep using antivaxers as that is what they are. 

Of course, weeds impairs perception and judgement (alcohol does exactly that and more). Weed like alcohol should not be used while operating a car. But I mean that is a nonstarter same goes for alcohol.

As for the lung cancer, valid concern but now in this topic we are talking about a guy that drank himself to death so its fair to say its far less damaging. Anyway you don't need to smoke weed. You can eat it too, or even vape it and then its a lot safer. 

Thing is alcohol user should stop judging weed and thinking oh that is a drug while they themselves are using a far harsher drug with far more problems.

Anyway I like weed, but hate the munchies, prime reason I don't use it. Sports and weed does not combine. Like alcohol and sports (unless your happy with mediocre results)

35 minutes ago, robblok said:

Nah I will keep using antivaxers as that is what they are. 

Of course, weeds impairs perception and judgement (alcohol does exactly that and more). Weed like alcohol should not be used while operating a car. But I mean that is a nonstarter same goes for alcohol.

As for the lung cancer, valid concern but now in this topic we are talking about a guy that drank himself to death so its fair to say its far less damaging. Anyway you don't need to smoke weed. You can eat it too, or even vape it and then its a lot safer. 

Thing is alcohol user should stop judging weed and thinking oh that is a drug while they themselves are using a far harsher drug with far more problems.

Anyway I like weed, but hate the munchies, prime reason I don't use it. Sports and weed does not combine. Like alcohol and sports (unless your happy with mediocre results)

An antivaxer is someone who opposes vaccination as a principle. It has become a derogatory term and using it to refer to someone who does not wish to take the innovative Covid jab (regardless of whether or not you agree with that choice) is not relevant. It would be like saying someone who doesn't like autonomous cars is against cars in general.

Yes, drinking too much is worse than smoking too much. But alcohol can be used in reasonable amounts and not have any consequences on social life or health. That is not the case with weed. I usually have a couple of beers in the evening, that does not stop me from driving or taking care of my family, nor does it make me unhealthy. That would not be the case if I had a spliff every evening.

6 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

An antivaxer is someone who opposes vaccination as a principle. It has become a derogatory term and using it to refer to someone who does not wish to take the innovative Covid jab (regardless of whether or not you agree with that choice) is not relevant. It would be like saying someone who doesn't like autonomous cars is against cars in general.

Yes, drinking too much is worse than smoking too much. But alcohol can be used in reasonable amounts and not have any consequences on social life or health. That is not the case with weed. I usually have a couple of beers in the evening, that does not stop me from driving or taking care of my family, nor does it make me unhealthy. That would not be the case if I had a spliff every evening.

I think your wrong, you can have reasonable amounts of weed too. Same goes for weed and a couple of beers im sure your then well over the amounts of beers considered safely. Someone doing a joint or vaping some weed does less damage then someone doing a few beers. 

Though the driving part might be a problem as weed impairs longer (driving wise). But I think you have a blinkered view about weed because your not spaced out for hours (all depends on amount just like with alcohol) if both are used in moderation weed still comes out on top (except for the driving part). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think your wrong, you can have reasonable amounts of weed too. Same goes for weed and a couple of beers im sure your then well over the amounts of beers considered safely. Someone doing a joint or vaping some weed does less damage then someone doing a few beers. 

Though the driving part might be a problem as weed impairs longer (driving wise). But I think you have a blinkered view about weed because your not spaced out for hours (all depends on amount just like with alcohol) if both are used in moderation weed still comes out on top (except for the driving part). 

Well I know from personal experience that THC is bad for the brain. I have known just as many people who were messed up because of weed or hash as I did who were messed up because of boozing. I guess it depends on the viewpoint, you seem to be a sporty type so you probably focus on bodily 'damage' (in which case yes, alcohol will be the worse one).

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although weed causes mental problems and causes smokers to act weird and many are never really the same again 

There's always one I guess.

Carry on the crusade with vigor.

Everyone needs a hobby.

3 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

There's always one I guess.

Carry on the crusade with vigor.

Everyone needs a hobby.

Steady on , I just gave an opinion   in a post on forums , hardly a "crusade"

Or is this another case of weed smokers changing definitions of words to suit their own agenda ?

9 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Well I know from personal experience that THC is bad for the brain. I have known just as many people who were messed up because of weed or hash as I did who were messed up because of boozing. I guess it depends on the viewpoint, you seem to be a sporty type so you probably focus on bodily 'damage' (in which case yes, alcohol will be the worse one).

Science says alcohol is the worse of the two, there is no real debate as its proben. However its all about dosage. I mean someone taking a beer a day or someone doing 5 joints a day im pretty sure weed is worse then. But anyway weed is not legal so it can land you in far more trouble then its worth.

Yes im an sporty idiot (with his weaknesses). I like weed, but it absolutely kills my diet. So its just not good for me. I did my fair share of drugs in the Netherlands and researched them. So im a bit more open minded about drugs. 

In general i try to live healthily and not become fat (really hate that and my body type is not helping me). I never liked the taste of alcohol (lucky me) but drank it out of social pressure when younger.

Anyway i just sometimes (actually often) bring the debate up. But more because people who do alcohol seem to totally demonize other drugs and think they are superior while in fact that is not the case. Drugs are fine it depends on what and how much. But of course not for someone who wants to be totally healthy.

Alcohol 'more damaging to brain health than marijuana'

With marijuana legalization on the rise, an increasing number of studies are exploring the drug’s potential harms and benefits. However, a new study suggests that when it comes to brain health, alcohol is more damaging.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320895#:~:text=With marijuana legalization on the,the brain than marijuana does.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

well good for him ... he was just following on from what his brother use to do and the guy up the road and his cousin and many other family members did for years and years....

I'm on my 3rd bottle now ....   ice cold   !!

RIP old timer.

How is 51 an old timer?

16 minutes ago, Almer said:

How is 51 an old timer?

51 yrs to him was like a guy of 81 or more,  with every bottle put down it's like the years are just running by and the mind reminisces about old times,  I do the same everyday .... only i think about the dead relatives.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Science says alcohol is the worse of the two, there is no real debate as its proben. However its all about dosage. I mean someone taking a beer a day or someone doing 5 joints a day im pretty sure weed is worse then. But anyway weed is not legal so it can land you in far more trouble then its worth.

Yes im an sporty idiot (with his weaknesses). I like weed, but it absolutely kills my diet. So its just not good for me. I did my fair share of drugs in the Netherlands and researched them. So im a bit more open minded about drugs. 

In general i try to live healthily and not become fat (really hate that and my body type is not helping me). I never liked the taste of alcohol (lucky me) but drank it out of social pressure when younger.

Anyway i just sometimes (actually often) bring the debate up. But more because people who do alcohol seem to totally demonize other drugs and think they are superior while in fact that is not the case. Drugs are fine it depends on what and how much. But of course not for someone who wants to be totally healthy.

Alcohol 'more damaging to brain health than marijuana'

With marijuana legalization on the rise, an increasing number of studies are exploring the drug’s potential harms and benefits. However, a new study suggests that when it comes to brain health, alcohol is more damaging.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320895#:~:text=With marijuana legalization on the,the brain than marijuana does.

Yeah I think it depends on people too. An introvert who already tends to think a lot will likely not benefit from the effects of THC and be more fun to be around after a couple of drinks, while someone who is very active may enjoy the calming effects of weed.

I used to party hard in my younger years and from what I have seen and experienced, long-term weed consumption can lead to psychiatric issues, as confirmed by this paragraph in the article you posted:

Last year, for example, Medical News Today reported on a study linking marijuana use to a greater risk of psychosis in teenagers...

But I have also been around alcoholics and I can confirm they are the worst people ever, so I do tend to agree with the premise.

In order to grow old, you have to experience everything, but in moderation.

—Compay Segundo