Recommendation sought for pulse oximeter from Lazada

Jingthing

At this point I think its logical to assume that almost all of us are going tomeet Mr. Omicron.

If isolating at home which is very common now its a good idea to check that the case isn't becoming serious by checking oxygen levels.

So looking for suggestions for a specific pulse oximeter from Lazada to buy. Or warnings about which not to buy.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

We have this one

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/yuwell-yx301-fingertip-pulse-oximeter-i3217144251-s12005531487.html

Not bought from that shop, but it's the exact same model.

And we compared it once to the one used in Hospitals and it had approx the same reading. Thus far we are happy.

Wow, and low cost too.

I bought the same one, Yuwell YX301 from Lazada.  For me the readings are not very reproducible and it tends to depend a lot on exactly where you place your finger.  But it does appear to be accurate once you get everything positioned.  In also is important to make sure your fingers are dry.  I would probably buy another brand again, but maybe I am the problem as is usually the case.  Good luck.  I use it exactly for what you intend to.  It calms the misses down when she thinks she has COVID.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, koratkarlos said:

I bought the same one, Yuwell YX301 from Lazada.  For me the readings are not very reproducible and it tends to depend a lot on exactly where you place your finger.  But it does appear to be accurate once you get everything positioned.  In also is important to make sure your fingers are dry.  I would probably buy another brand again, but maybe I am the problem as is usually the case.  Good luck.  I use it exactly for what you intend to.  It calms the misses down when she thinks she has COVID.

What we do is first place the finger and then turn it on, I have noticed what you said, but that was only after we turned on the device and then placed the finger.

Yeah Indeed better results if "finger is dry"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 1:53 PM, MJCM said:

We have this one

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/yuwell-yx301-fingertip-pulse-oximeter-i3217144251-s12005531487.html

Not bought from that shop, but it's the exact same model.

And we compared it once to the one used in Hospitals and it had approx the same reading. Thus far we are happy.

Update.

Bought this model.

Arrived quickly.

Easy to use. 
Measurement appears credible. 

It's nice to have around if I really need it. 

I use a pulse oxygen meter and muscle oxygen meter during cycle training.

From my experience I recommend the following:

Take regular readings at the same time every day.

Take readings while seated ( for five minutes before taking your reading).

Keep a diary of your results.

The O2 meter will almost certainly have a zero error. This will mean your O2 saturation measurement will not be point accurate and cannot be reliably compared against the medically advised O2 levels.

However, your O2 meter will almost certainly provide repeatable results.

Therefore, use your O2 meter to monitor ‘changes’ in O2 saturation, if your readings decline seek medical advice.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Then take baseline readings, record them and watch for negative change.

I did.

It shows a normal range.

Sometimes Covid patients feel OK but they are actually in big trouble lungwise. Less of an issue with Omicron though.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I did.

It shows a normal range.

Sometimes Covid patients feel OK but they are actually in big trouble lungwise. Less of an issue with Omicron though.

This is true for many lung diseases.

Again, the accuracy of  your O2 meter cannot be relied on, keep an eye out for negative change.