Thailand reports 8,158 new COVID-19 cases, 15 deaths, 3,942 recoveries

webfact

A puzzle.

Lots of people have to do ATK tests for flights, entry into places or just checking. Yet each day the +ve figures are around 3000, lower always than the expensive PCR tests which are used by relatively few. So how are ATK tests reported ? Because its quite clear that most are not reported at all. My guess is the process is:

Get ATK test from 7-11 for a few bt.

Do test

If -ve, smile and go out for a drink

if +ve, stay at home a bit more for a couple of days.

Say nothing, report nothing.

And then it goes away.... (maybe)

Thailand and Indonesia unveil plans to develop molnupiravir COVID-19 pill

BANGKOK/JAKARTA, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Thailand's health minister said on Friday the country planned to develop the anti-viral pill molnupiravir to combat COVID-19 infections amid rising infections driven by the Omicron variant.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-indonesia-unveil-plans-develop-molnupiravir-covid-19-pill-2022-01-14/

• Like 1

I agree in that Omicron has far less severe effects.

However medical facilities can still be overwhelmed given the numbers.

Small snipit here from 9 news Au.

Two medihotels are being set up in Melbourne to ease the pressure on hospitals as Victoria has recorded another 34,836 new COVID-19 cases today and 18 deaths.
The number of infected patients requiring treatment has also risen, with 976 people currently being cared for in hospitals. Of those, 112 are in the ICU, while 30 require ventilation. 
  • Like 1

Cases going up again from the 37 yesterday. Theoretically there should be a steady rise but will the figures reflect this??

Health officials on Friday (Jan 14) reported 55 new COVID-19 cases, 24 of which were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 13 cases were found in Pranburi, 2 case in Sam Roi Yot, 1 case in Kuiburi, 3 cases in Thap Sakae, 3 cases in Bang Saphan, zero cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 4 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

No new deaths were reported today.

A further 5 cases were found in people who had travelled to Hua Hin from overseas.

270302323_3225952754397296_1175900497587913263_n.jpeg

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/jan-14-prachuap-reports-55-new-covid-19-cases-24-cases-in-hua-hin/

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Are the deaths and hospitalisation figures being under-reported?  This is what would concern people.   Obviously, the infection numbers are massively higher as many people will understandably not be reporting their positive tests.  But as they are likely to be asymptomatic or with very minor symptoms, why does this matter?

Hospital numbers probably more accurate. Deaths? From what I have read, and not 100% sure, a doctor does not have to certify a death in Thailand, a village headman/woman or other official can do it I believe so how many have succumbed to covid to be classed as pneumonia or some other reason. We have all seen that the excess deaths have been considerably higher than the official covid related deaths so I think the jury's out on that one.

COVID-19: Thailand reports 7,793 new coronavirus cases, 18 deaths, 5,202 recoveries

COV15.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Saturday (January 15) reported 7,793 new COVID-19 cases, 5,202 recoveries and 18 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1246808-covid-19-thailand-reports-7793-new-coronavirus-cases-18-deaths-5202-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin