Lazada-Thailand

Dan747

But if Lazada allows you to pay on receipt of goods, why do you want to pay absolutely first and have problems not receiving the goods?

For info the majority of Lazada customers pay upon receipt of the goods, official info of the Lazada ....

59 minutes ago, BE88 said:

But if Lazada allows you to pay on receipt of goods, why do you want to pay absolutely first and have problems not receiving the goods?

For info the majority of Lazada customers pay upon receipt of the goods, official info of the Lazada ....

It's more convenient to pay first, then delivery is given to my security

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, Jaybott said:

There is another thread covering this issue.  The problem is K- Bank is going to a different verification system called 3D Secure, which requires an OTP sent to your phone.  Same thing happened to me at Home Pro, Tesco and Villa.  Following is a snippet I received from Villa customer service.

Dear valued customer.

We've found your payment was rejected unable to authenticate card holder
3D-Secure is not enrolled.
Have you received an OTP (One time password to payment) from your issuing card while you tried to make payment? Due to this merchant can accept only the payment with OTP verified,
If you haven't received an OTP, you cannot make payment by this card.
Please try another card that can receive an OTP.

Natnicha

Regards,

2C2P Customer Support Team
TH: 02 026 3000

It looks like the main problem is that 3D secure is unable to SMS a foreign number.  I don't know if they'll be able to find a work around for this 

This needs to get to the BANGKOK POST !!!!!!!!!!   Could end up a tourist nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BE88 said:

You are make the more stupid comment aseanow.

Comment makes sense, as not everyone is around all day to accept parcels.  Or have a neighbor that can.

I've left money under my scooter seat, or taped to a wall, if more than 1 parcel expected, and no problems.   If sending something to my daughter, it's prepaid.  Before I didn't have to, as she would leave money at 'reception' but new condo doesn't offer that.

Depending what you order, do you really want to leave 'large amounts' with strangers.  I've ordered stuff COD at 30+k baht.  That's a few months salary for some folks, and if having a gambling debt or emergency ... a bit tempting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Lazada wanted your bank account number and bank statements?  Don't believe it, that's not part of the process of just adding a debit card to your Lazada account.

Well 'Mr Liverpool Lou' you don't believe it then?  I'm not telling lies either.  Here's the text of Lazada's email to me - and I refused to do it as it would give anyone all the information needed to conduct a fraud.  Then I deleted the card and added it, after which it worked perfectly again:

Dear xxxxx xxxxx,

Warm greetings from Lazada!

Thank you for contacting us of case number 20500000477NNNNN

This email is regarding your concern about Debit card payment rejected 

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please kindly provide me the evidence to proceed further investigation.

- Picture of ID card or Passport
- 6 first digits and last 4 digits of credit card
- Picture of credit card (back & forth)
- 1 month statement
After receiving all of the above evidence, I will co-ordinate to related team taking 3 - 5 business days. 
Then I'll update you in your registered email with Lazada.

Kindly reply to this email back within 48 hours otherwise your request will be automatically closed by the system.

Should you need further assistant, please contact our customer service via live chat 24 hrs.
or call 02-018-0000 From 08:00 - 18:00 hr. Monday - Saturday.
For more information, visit our help center here

Best regards,

Lazada Thailand

17 hours ago, JensenZ said:

It's "open it, then pay if you like" when I do cash on delivery. Lazada make too many mistakes these days, and it saves time going through a return process which requires time and effort, including a trip to the post office. If you're too shy to take a peek, that's your prerogative.

It's not a matter of being bashful, it's a matter of your claiming that you always do something that Lazada specifically does not allow it's drivers to do. i.e. hand over items to customers to be opened without paying for them.   

3 minutes ago, DiDiChok said:

Well 'Mr Liverpool Lou' you don't believe it then?  I'm not telling lies either.  Here's the text of Lazada's email to me - and I refused to do it as it would give anyone all the information needed to conduct a fraud.  Then I deleted the card and added it, after which it worked perfectly again:

Dear xxxxx xxxxx,

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please kindly provide me the evidence to proceed further investigation.

- 1 month statement
After receiving all of the above evidence, I will co-ordinate to related team taking 3 - 5 business days. 

Kindly reply to this email back within 48 hours otherwise your request will be automatically closed by the system.

Should you need further assistant, please contact our customer service via live chat 24 hrs.

Best regards,

Lazada Thailand

This looks like an obvious scam....  

Check the exact e-mail address they are sending the e-mail from... 

If its not something like this : [email protected]

But is something like this : [email protected]zzada.com or this... [email protected] etc you are being scammed.... 

The way to communicate with Lazada is through their online chat service. 

17 hours ago, BE88 said:

My Wife and I always order from Lazada and Shopee pre-paid (not Cash on Delivery) - its just easier that way and we are also protected by CC if we have a problem and wish to contest. 

Its not a big deal, we never order anything which is really expensive.

But, scams do happen. A scam happened to me yesterday... (cheap piece of junk arrived instead of the toy I’d ordered for my Son).

We simply file a return (stating wrong item arrived) take a photo of it. Lazada dispatches a courier to collect the item and refunds to the credit card - This has happened a few times. 

Opening a ‘CoD’ item and then refusing it is against terms and conditions - its not the delivery guys fault.

The CoD system is potentially a lot more hassle....  IMO.

There are scams 10% of the time on Lazada - especially with cheap items that come from China - they are deliberately sending the wrong piece of junk and hoping the customer will not be bothered to file for a return and refund - the annoying thing is that Lazada is allowing these scams to continue which reduces customer confidence in their platform. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:43 PM, hotchilli said:
On 1/14/2022 at 8:21 AM, Dan747 said:

"Cash on Delivery!" Welcome back to Thailand.  "LOL" 

I will only do cash on delivery... no way of getting ripped-off that way.

A lot of people are getting caught out by the CoD scam.

We order plenty of stuff on Lazada - since the first CoD scam attempt we know never to use CoD because of this potential scam...  so when something arrives and the Delivery guy claims CoD (which has happened a couple of times) we know its a scam and we refuse the item. 

Of course, we can could chase each other up and call each other to ask what she / I ordered etc if either of us are not in, but thats just a hassle....   we know how we order and know any CoD attempted delivery is a scam. 

I flagged the CoD scam a few years ago and there were some posters who refused to understand the ’scam’ aspect of this.... 

46 minutes ago, DiDiChok said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Lazada wanted your bank account number and bank statements?  Don't believe it, that's not part of the process of just adding a debit card to your Lazada account.

Dear xxxxx xxxxx,

- 1 month statement

Well, "Mr DiDiChok", my comment only related to the adding of a debit card to your Lazada account.   That email refers to a rejected debit card payment, two entirely different things.

As I said, and that's all that I said, Lazada does not require bank account numbers or bank statements to add a debit card (for a payment facility) to a Lazada account.  Thanks for confirming that I was right.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, "Mr DiDiChok", my comment only related to the adding of a debit card to your Lazada account.   That email refers to a rejected debit card payment, two entirely different things.

As I said, and that's all that I said, Lazada does not require bank account numbers or bank statements to add a debit card (for a payment facility) to a Lazada account.  Thanks for confirming that I was right.

And they certainly don’t require them to be sent through via an e-mail !!!!

They [cc / debit card info] would be ‘input’ at a secure webpage. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's not a matter of being bashful, it's a matter of your claiming that you always do something that Lazada specifically does not allow it's drivers to do. i.e. hand over items to customers to be opened without paying for them.   

It's not my position to know what Lazada drivers should or should not do. You're making this up. Show me a warning on Lazada when you select "cash on delivery" that under no circumstances can I view the item I ordered. It's not my concern. It's to save me the trouble of having to make claims and go to the trouble of sending items back, not to mention waiting for a refund to my card that can take some time.

They make a lot of mistakes, and this is the reason why I now prefer cash on delivery. If you want to do it the hard way, be my guest.

Anyone reading your replies might think you're working for Lazada.

6 hours ago, DiDiChok said:

Dear xxxxx xxxxx,

- 1 month statement

Best regards,

Lazada Thailand

SAME. 

And I also tried deleting the card and re-adding --- did not work.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This looks like an obvious scam....  

Check the exact e-mail address they are sending the e-mail from... 

If its not something like this : [email protected]

But is something like this : [email protected]zzada.com or this... [email protected] etc you are being scammed.... 

The way to communicate with Lazada is through their online chat service. 

Online Chat Service has no authority.  They follow a script.  End of story...

On 1/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, DiDiChok said:

Following advice, all I had to do was to remove the card I'd got registered and then add it again and go through the verification process.

Something must have been upgraded somewhere, so before cancelling your account you should really try delete/adding the card first.  Fixed it for me and my friends who were suffering.

Tried.  Did not work.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Better believe it.  100% true.  Word for word.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, jgm005 said:

I had a very similar problem. Using my USA card for Lazada for years.  Than, wham, would not work.  Not  because of the card company.  I had a go around over and over with Lazada with them asking me to send in certain information.  Which I did and got the same request.  Finally I had enough and cancelled my account.

On 1/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, Jaybott said:

There is another thread covering this issue.  The problem is K- Bank is going to a different verification system called 3D Secure, which requires an OTP sent to your phone.  Same thing happened to me at Home Pro, Tesco and Villa.  Following is a snippet I received from Villa customer service.

Dear valued customer.

We've found your payment was rejected unable to authenticate card holder
3D-Secure is not enrolled.
Have you received an OTP (One time password to payment) from your issuing card while you tried to make payment? Due to this merchant can accept only the payment with OTP verified,
If you haven't received an OTP, you cannot make payment by this card.
Please try another card that can receive an OTP.

Natnicha

Regards,

2C2P Customer Support Team
TH: 02 026 3000

It looks like the main problem is that 3D secure is unable to SMS a foreign number.  I don't know if they'll be able to find a work around for this 

From Lazada today:  if your card is not supported for 3D secure, we would like to suggest you also kindly contact the bank issuer for more investigation.

Just now, D M G said:

From Lazada today:  if your card is not supported for 3D secure, we would like to suggest you also kindly contact the bank issuer for more investigation.

It appears many MAJOR banks in the world are not 3D secure.  Does that make sense?

34 minutes ago, D M G said:

Confirmed with Chase:  Verified by Visa is a Visa-approved authentication method based on 3-domain (3-D) secure specification, a software protocol that allows secure processing of transactions over the Internet and other networks.

DMG: I am having the same experience as you. Lazada sent me the BS about 3DS not being supported by Chase. Verified By Visa is 3DS and has been used for years by Lazada and Chase. I have sent a message to Chase asking for further clarification as to what Lazada is talking about.

IMHO this is a problem with Kasikorn Bank. Never before have I received a redirect to them when authorizing a  charge until recently. If Kasikorn requires a SMS code sent by Chase, this could be the heart of the problem since I don't think they can send it to a Thai number. I'm anxious for Chase's reply and I will post it. I have also asked them if there is another way to resolve this.

I tried deleting the card and re entering it, but it didn't work. Then (get this) I entered the order on the mobile app and it worked! However, after telling me the charge was successful and processing the order, they sent it COD!! I refused it. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. 

Is it possible, Lazada doesn't want our business any more? They seem completely non-plussed by all of this which shocks me since the loss of revenue must be enormous. I even referred them to the threads here for enlightenment but they don't seem to care. Very strange. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, curtklay said:

DMG: I am having the same experience as you. Lazada sent me the BS about 3DS not being supported by Chase. Verified By Visa is 3DS and has been used for years by Lazada and Chase. I have sent a message to Chase asking for further clarification as to what Lazada is talking about.

IMHO this is a problem with Kasikorn Bank. Never before have I received a redirect to them when authorizing a  charge until recently. If Kasikorn requires a SMS code sent by Chase, this could be the heart of the problem since I don't think they can send it to a Thai number. I'm anxious for Chase's reply and I will post it. I have also asked them if there is another way to resolve this.

I tried deleting the card and re entering it, but it didn't work. Then (get this) I entered the order on the mobile app and it worked! However, after telling me the charge was successful and processing the order, they sent it COD!! I refused it. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. 

Is it possible, Lazada doesn't want our business any more? They seem completely non-plussed by all of this which shocks me since the loss of revenue must be enormous. I even referred them to the threads here for enlightenment but they don't seem to care. Very strange. 

100% agree and confirm with you.  Perhaps Lazada management is slow.  Communication up to the decision makers (Alibaba Group/Hong Kong).  I would expect a definitive response, eventually, especially if this hits a major news outlet.

7 hours ago, curtklay said:

And it's not just Chase cards that have the problem. Capital One and Bank of America will not work either and they are also Verified by Visa.

Looking more and more like K Bank authorization is the linchpin.  No key decision makers involved, YET.

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Comment makes sense, as not everyone is around all day to accept parcels.  Or have a neighbor that can.

I've left money under my scooter seat, or taped to a wall, if more than 1 parcel expected, and no problems.   If sending something to my daughter, it's prepaid.  Before I didn't have to, as she would leave money at 'reception' but new condo doesn't offer that.

Depending what you order, do you really want to leave 'large amounts' with strangers.  I've ordered stuff COD at 30+k baht.  That's a few months salary for some folks, and if having a gambling debt or emergency ... a bit tempting.

You can agree on different systems to have the goods delivered such as communicating to the person who delivers a time or day when you are at home such as leaving the money in a mailbox, usually I buy small amounts. I agree that with China I have received fake items discovered after opening the package but that in any case you can always get a refund for Lazada who pays the supplier after you have received the goods, it seems to me after 7 days in which you have the possibility to lodge a complaint.

The worst experience I had with Aliexpress where if you want the goods you have to pay in advance so that I have never bought anything in China directly and always going through retailers on Lazada who buy in China and check the goods before sending them back to you, and I greatly appreciate that the Thai people are basically honest and it is one of the main reasons why it is pleasant to live in Thailand.

• Like 1