Lazada-Thailand

Dan747

17 hours ago, marcho said:

Why not do COD at least you know it will work.

Ordering from Lazada is hit or miss, sometimes ordering is easy. other times it is not, twice in the last few weeks I could not order because their website would not let me.

There is nothing I am doing wrong, I have used Lazada for years without any problems, now everything has changed, and they are a disgraceful lot.

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They usually say don't do that, also some sellers ask you to video opening the package. How many times have you opened before paying?

Depends on the product... if I want to make sure it's what it's supposed to be, every time

46 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

For weeks now Lazada has been telling me "you are signing in on a different device" I have used the same device for more than two years now, and have been telling them this constantly, yes, their customer service is dreadful, but unfortunately they have no competition, and don't mention that other disgusting lot Shopee, they won't even let me register.

Have also been getting that email.  

Shopee is OK.  Competition exist, for some things, Central & HomePro, I've ordered from.  If don't mind waiting 10 days or more, then Banggood & AliExpress are good also.  BG now doing a lot of COD, and some on AE.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I show them the money but open the package before parting with it.

I can only quote what I do, if you don't believe it that's your issue.

What I find strange is that it Lazada's strict policy that drivers do not hand over goods to allow the packages to be opened prior to receiving payment, something that Lazada has confirmed to be their policy.   

However, I'm sure that if you say that you do that, without protest from the driver who could face disciplinary action for allowing it, then it "must be true".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

However, I'm sure that if you say that you do that, without protest from the driver who could face disciplinary action for allowing it, then it "must be true".

I simply say I want to confirm the contents before I pay...

If they don't let me check I won't pay and they can return the package.

I've never had an issue...

[Having said that i check quickly... not talking up their time]

I posted about  this a couple of months ago. Used Lazada and my Bkk bank debit card for years without a problem , then a few months ago they wanted , passport , bank account numbers and photo copies and bank statement. 

Told them to stick it.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

For weeks now Lazada has been telling me "you are signing in on a different device" I have used the same device for more than two years now, and have been telling them this constantly, yes, their customer service is dreadful, but unfortunately they have no competition, and don't mention that other disgusting lot Shopee, they won't even let me register.

Had the same thing... I just ignore it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I simply say I want to confirm the contents before I pay...

If they don't let me check I won't pay and they can return the package.

I've never had an issue...

"I simply say I want to confirm the contents before I pay..."

Just as strange is that drivers are, simply, not allowed to accept opened packages for return, either.  There is a proper process for doing that if you don't want to keep the item.   But, as I said before, if you're simply claiming that they allow you that special facility, "it must be true"!

6 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I posted about  this a couple of months ago. Used Lazada and my Bkk bank debit card for years without a problem , then a few months ago they wanted , passport , bank account numbers and photo copies and bank statement. 

Told them to stick it.

Who wanted  your "bank account number and bank statements" and for what?

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

don't mention that other disgusting lot Shopee, they won't even let me register.

Perhaps it's you!   

They have English-speaking agents who talked me through the registering procedure a couple of years ago, and I can order and get successful deliveries from that "disgusting lot" frequently and without issue. 

Why don't you call just them, you never know, they may turn out to be less disgusting than you give them credit for?

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps it's you!   

They have English-speaking agents who talked me through the registering procedure a couple of years ago, and I can order and get successful deliveries from that "disgusting lot" frequently and without issue. 

Why don't you call just them, you never know, they may turn out to be less disgusting than you give them credit for?

I am not calling them, why should you need any help just to register with them, if they cannot make it simple like any other similar company, they do not deserve your custom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who wanted  your "bank account number and bank statements" and for what?

Lazada , to verify my Bkk bank debit card.

Lazada wanted your bank account number and bank statements?  Don't believe it, that's not part of the process of just adding a debit card to your Lazada account.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I am not calling them, why should you need any help just to register with them, if they cannot make it simple like any other similar company, they do not deserve your custom.

I'm sure that they'll be distraught to lose yours (that they never had in the first place).  Doubt that they'll be calling in the administrators!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, UKJASE said:

lazada credit you into your lazada wallet, which you can use on next purchase, or withdraw to a bank account

Farangs are not allowed a 'wallet'.  I'm sick of Lazada and their customer services. Complete tosh.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I simply say I want to confirm the contents before I pay..."

Just as strange is that drivers are, simply, not allowed to accept opened packages for return, either.  There is a proper process for doing that if you don't want to keep the item.   But, as I said before, if you're simply claiming that they allow you that special facility, "it must be true"!

Okay you know best... I'll leave it at that.

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:21 AM, Dan747 said:

I have been shopping through Lazada for several years now and find it very convenient buying especially during Covid-19. I charge all via my Chase Visa from the USA without any problems.  However this year upon our arrival I made two purchases that went through and after that all my purchases have been put into the the penalty box of "Payment Pending." I tried several times switching Visa credit cards to "No Avail"-Still "Payment Pending." I finally went onto Lazada chat and wrote to an agent that told me I needed a Thailand credit card to do any purchases after several postings. Not sure if any of you all have had the same problem but it looks like I'm in the "Payment Pending Box" with the only solution is "Cash on Delivery!" Welcome back to Thailand.  "LOL" 

Cash on delivery is the best option anyway. If there's something wrong with the goods (broken/wrong product etc), you just refuse it when it arrives. I've had broken items delivered on several occossions. One was a fan blade that you could feel and even hear it was broken through the packaging. You'd have to wonder why any delivery service would deliver an obviously broken item when they are the ones that broke it in the first place.

27 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Cash on delivery is the best option anyway. If there's something wrong with the goods (broken/wrong product etc), you just refuse it when it arrives.

It's "Cash on Delivery", not "Open it, then Pay if You like". You can refuse to accept the delivery but, officially, you can't examine/open it until you've paid for it.   You're only supposed to get that option after you've coughed up the cash for it, then you can open it.   

Lazada drivers aren't there to take returns of opened unwanted items unless delivery is refused or cannot be made.   If you don't want the item after you've paid for it, there's a proper procedure to return it. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

There is another thread covering this issue.  The problem is K- Bank is going to a different verification system called 3D Secure, which requires an OTP sent to your phone.  Same thing happened to me at Home Pro, Tesco and Villa.  Following is a snippet I received from Villa customer service.

Dear valued customer.

We've found your payment was rejected unable to authenticate card holder
3D-Secure is not enrolled.
Have you received an OTP (One time password to payment) from your issuing card while you tried to make payment? Due to this merchant can accept only the payment with OTP verified,
If you haven't received an OTP, you cannot make payment by this card.
Please try another card that can receive an OTP.

Natnicha

Regards,

2C2P Customer Support Team
TH: 02 026 3000

It looks like the main problem is that 3D secure is unable to SMS a foreign number.  I don't know if they'll be able to find a work around for this 

50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's "Cash on Delivery", not "Open it, then Pay if You like". You can refuse to accept the delivery but, officially, you can't examine/open it until you've paid for it.   You're only supposed to get that option after you've coughed up the cash for it, then you can open it.   

Lazada drivers aren't there to take returns of opened unwanted items unless delivery is refused or cannot be made.   If you don't want the item after you've paid for it, there's a proper procedure to return it. 

It's "open it, then pay if you like" when I do cash on delivery. Lazada make too many mistakes these days, and it saves time going through a return process which requires time and effort, including a trip to the post office. If you're too shy to take a peek, that's your prerogative.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jaybott said:

There is another thread covering this issue.  The problem is K- Bank is going to a different verification system called 3D Secure, which requires an OTP sent to your phone.  Same thing happened to me at Home Pro, Tesco and Villa.  Following is a snippet I received from Villa customer service.

Dear valued customer.

We've found your payment was rejected unable to authenticate card holder
3D-Secure is not enrolled.
Have you received an OTP (One time password to payment) from your issuing card while you tried to make payment? Due to this merchant can accept only the payment with OTP verified,
If you haven't received an OTP, you cannot make payment by this card.
Please try another card that can receive an OTP.

Natnicha

Regards,

2C2P Customer Support Team
TH: 02 026 3000

It looks like the main problem is that 3D secure is unable to SMS a foreign number.  I don't know if they'll be able to find a work around for this 

It's not new at all. I've received OTPs to my phone when making purchases with my K-Bank debit card for as long as I can remember... however it depended on the merchant. I did not get a OTP last time I used Lazada. I made iHerb purchases online this month, and no OTP was needed and that's using the card internationally. Banks move in mysterious ways LOL.