Lazada-Thailand

Dan747

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife and I always order from Lazada and Shopee pre-paid (not Cash on Delivery) - its just easier that way and we are also protected by CC if we have a problem and wish to contest. 

Its not a big deal, we never order anything which is really expensive.

But, scams do happen. A scam happened to me yesterday... (cheap piece of junk arrived instead of the toy I’d ordered for my Son).

We simply file a return (stating wrong item arrived) take a photo of it. Lazada dispatches a courier to collect the item and refunds to the credit card - This has happened a few times. 

Opening a ‘CoD’ item and then refusing it is against terms and conditions - its not the delivery guys fault.

The CoD system is potentially a lot more hassle....  IMO.

There are scams 10% of the time on Lazada - especially with cheap items that come from China - they are deliberately sending the wrong piece of junk and hoping the customer will not be bothered to file for a return and refund - the annoying thing is that Lazada is allowing these scams to continue which reduces customer confidence in their platform. 

You can agree on different systems to have the goods delivered such as communicating to the person who delivers a time or day when you are at home such as leaving the money in a mailbox, usually I buy small amounts. I agree that with China I have received fake items discovered after opening the package but that in any case you can always get a refund for Lazada who pays the supplier after you have received the goods, it seems to me after 7 days in which you have the possibility to lodge a complaint.

The worst experience I had with Aliexpress where if you want the goods you have to pay in advance so that I have never bought anything in China directly and always going through retailers on Lazada who buy in China and check the goods before sending them back to you, and I greatly appreciate that the Thai people are basically honest and it is one of the main reasons why it is pleasant to live in Thailand.

•  

14 hours ago, curtklay said:

Is it possible, Lazada doesn't want our business any more? They seem completely non-plussed by all of this which shocks me since the loss of revenue must be enormous.

Hahahahaa...!    Of course they're non-plussed, how would anyone ever consider the loss of a couple of Thaivisa posters' business to be "enormous"?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, curtklay said:

I even referred them to the threads here for enlightenment but they don't seem to care. Very strange. 

Referring Lazada to a forum whose members seem to take great delight, not in enlightenment but in regularly slagging off the company is hardly going to help your cause!

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hahahahaa...!    Of course they're non-plussed, how would anyone ever consider the loss of a couple of Thaivisa posters' business to be "enormous"?

This goes beyond a couple of posters. If Lazada is rejecting foreign credit cards, it surely must hurt their business and should be cause for concern to a business as large as Lazada.

I must say I don't find any of your comments to be intelligent or helpful.

Edited by curtklay
  • Like 2

Well, here is the reply from Chase Bank:

I appreciate the opportunity to review your inquiry regarding the 3D Secure, global authentication. Curtis, it is the merchants discretion to accept the card. We do not use the 3D verification. We use multifactor authentication code. An Identification Code allows us to verify you as a customer and it provides additional verification beyond a User ID and Password.

So "verified by visa" is not 3DS authentication. After going through the maze, the bottom line is "it is the merchants discretion to accept the card". The ball is in Lazada's court.  ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, curtklay said:

Well, here is the reply from Chase Bank:

So "verified by visa" is not 3DS authentication. After going through the maze, the bottom line is "it is the merchants discretion to accept the card". The ball is in Lazada's court.  ????

End of story. 

Well, I was very surprised to find others here were having a similar problems with Lazada. Thank you all for your comments. After exhausting efforts through Lazada and my Chase (Visa) bank, I have decided to write the seller when I get into the "Payment Pending Box." The message will be short and credit card specific: Please contact "LAZADA" and them verify my Visa credit card through "CHASE BANKING FOR PAYMENT"-Thank You.

I finally got to an "Agent" at Lazada "Help." I had to do a screen shot (prt-scr on my PC) of a Chase Visa Transaction and posted. Agent ask me for my last four on my Visa Credit card plus my passport info that I screen shot off a photo with my email to verify my account. Lazada will email me with the results. "GOOD LUCK!"

11 hours ago, Dan747 said:

I finally got to an "Agent" at Lazada "Help." I had to do a screen shot (prt-scr on my PC) of a Chase Visa Transaction and posted. Agent ask me for my last four on my Visa Credit card plus my passport info that I screen shot off a photo with my email to verify my account. Lazada will email me with the results. "GOOD LUCK!"

Same...you are in the Vortex

DAN747: You will probably get the same reply I did about 3DS authentication. I also sent them a screenshot of the error message, with a scan of my card, monthly statement showing several charges to Lazada, and my passport. they responded with the story about 3DS stated above. I think the runaround we are getting from Lazada is pure bs. This mystery is getting deeper. I have a friend who is using a Visa card from Bank of America with no problems. I also have the same card registered with Lazada.  Today he made a purchase with no issues. Within minutes I made a purchase with my BA Visa card and was rejected. (there are no credit or balance problems) So how can my friend buy on Lazada using the same damn card!

Now it seems SHOPPEE and VILLA MARKET are also rejecting cards that they previously accepted. I'm going to contact VILLA and see what their explanation is. Their "terms of use" says all international cards are accepted, and of course they always have in the past. I want to know, what has changed??

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 10.16.16 PM.png

UPDATE: My Chase card which has been rejected by Lazada and Villa previously just worked fine at Villa's website and Lazada's mobile app. Lazada's mobile site clearly says "paid by credit card" and items are "to pack". Last time they sent it COD anyway. If they do that again, I'll send it back.

I will test Lazada's website tomorrow, however it did not work today.

9 hours ago, curtklay said:

DAN747: You will probably get the same reply I did about 3DS authentication. I also sent them a screenshot of the error message, with a scan of my card, monthly statement showing several charges to Lazada, and my passport. they responded with the story about 3DS stated above. I think the runaround we are getting from Lazada is pure bs. This mystery is getting deeper. I have a friend who is using a Visa card from Bank of America with no problems. I also have the same card registered with Lazada.  Today he made a purchase with no issues. Within minutes I made a purchase with my BA Visa card and was rejected. (there are no credit or balance problems) So how can my friend buy on Lazada using the same damn card!

Now it seems SHOPPEE and VILLA MARKET are also rejecting cards that they previously accepted. I'm going to contact VILLA and see what their explanation is. Their "terms of use" says all international cards are accepted, and of course they always have in the past. I want to know, what has changed??

Thanks for the info. I am not done with this, in a couple of weeks I will travel to BKK on my way to Koh Chang with various stops along the way and go to Lazada headquarters and talk to them directly. After all I am retired and have time on my hands. I'll try and get in to see Mr. Dong-It will be interesting to say the least. PS: My Chase works still at Big-C, Lotus Tesco, Home Pro, Home Hub, everywhere else with "No Problem."

17 hours ago, curtklay said:

Welcome to the VORTEX

8 hours ago, Dan747 said:

Thanks for the info. I am not done with this, in a couple of weeks I will travel to BKK on my way to Koh Chang with various stops along the way and go to Lazada headquarters and talk to them directly. After all I am retired and have time on my hands. I'll try and get in to see Mr. Dong-It will be interesting to say the least. PS: My Chase works still at Big-C, Lotus Tesco, Home Pro, Home Hub, everywhere else with "No Problem."

Dan747????  There are 100s if not 1000s of us.  If they have any Customer Service organization, Complaints would be reviewed and prioritized on a regular basis to fix irregularities.  Some of the banks being mentioned are the largest in the WORLD.