Mazda or Honda?

hasitha77

Model would help.  I've owned a few, Mazdas and never a problem.  Entry level, few options, so less problems to occur.  Mazda 2 here, Mazda 3 back in USA, along with Ford Fiesta by Mazda, all ran fine.

Mazda dealer here did all the oil changes & maintenance.  In 7 yrs only need one front strut / shock replaced (damn potholes) @ Udon Thani dealer and excellent service.  All wheel bearing had to be replaced, as I drove through deep water a few too many times, and they aren't sealed, so not a Mazda issue, per se, though should have been sealed, just something to be aware of.

Do NOT use Mazda service dept @ Pranburi, as can't seem to do the simplest things correct. Hua Hin was very good.  If in the neighborhood.

Costs, labor inexpensive, everything thing else seemed in line with Toyota dealer, owned 2 of those here.  Parts for both, hit & miss, the damn strut was expensive, I thought, as not  standard shock, which are inexpensive.

A friend was a Honda fan, until he wasn't, but think it had more to do with the OTT farang pricing he was getting from the local dealer.  He quoted me some silly prices for basic stuff, so that was understandable.  Can't image Thais tolerating that type of pricing.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

I can’t compare up-keep costs....  

Realistically, both cars have warranty until at least 3 years, I believe an extended warranty can be purchased for  and additional 2 years. 

Thus: for a new car the cost of maintenance & service is included in the initial purchase price. 

Regarding other factors: Quality, reliability etc... there will be different opinions 

The vast majority of new cars are as reliable as each other these days.

The standards of service and communication also vary from dealership to dealership, some are simply managed better than others. 

Regarding the quality of the vehicle - both are built well - Mazda generally have more ‘luxurious’ interiors where as Honda are more utilitarian. 

I think for a similar model Mazda are slightly more expensive (i.e. when comparing Honda CRV to Mazda CX-5 or CX-8)

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, hasitha77 said:

Mazda 3 fastback (Anniversary model)

Honda Civic RS 1.5  

Both of their Thai websites make maintenance schedule costs. 

Here is the mazda one. 

https://www.mazda.co.th/owners/maintenance-cost/

Honda has a similar one. This maintenance costs look roughly similar between both makes. 

But for prices of spare parts like headlights, air cond compressors, fuel pumps, gearboxes, etc, you would need to ask the dealer. And neither would be cheap. My crv diesel gerbox is nearly 300K to replace, and the twin turbo unit is about 170K, headlights about 30K etc.