Covid situation no longer to be decided by daily caseload: health ministry

snoop1130

khoaccbvndvnexpress41641898392-8198-6819-1642133437_680x408.jpg

Doctors take care of Covid-19 patients at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi, December 2021. Photo by VnExpress/Giang Huy

The Health Ministry has said it will stop relying on the daily infection tally to assess the Covid-19 situation and will only consider the number of hospitalizations and deaths.

The ministry is drafting a new set of criteria to classify the pandemic level since the situation has evolved a great deal, Deputy Minister Nguyen Truong Son told VnExpress Thursday.

As of Wednesday more than 65.4 million people aged over 18, or 93.2 percent of the adult population, had received two shots of Covid vaccines, and 12.5 percent had also got a booster.

Full Story: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/covid-situation-no-longer-to-be-decided-by-daily-caseload-health-ministry-4416214.html

vne_international.jpg
-- © Copyright VN Express 2022-01-14
  • Like 1

Makes sense.  The only important measure is the number of Intensive Care available in each region, and measuring hospitalisation of serious cases vs recoveries should give an indication of the pressure on hospitals.

With different testing rates, self testing and test avoidance, the case number data is meaningless.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, olfu said:

Did I missing something?

I cant find any restrictions on entering Vietnam except visa exempt entry.

All visas for US citizens are available.

I believe that still needs to be arranged by a 3rd party, with the goal being to forcing to you sign up for a package tour and stay in an expensive resort for several days.  No way around that as far as I know.

Edited by shdmn