Thailand still too risky for travel - where to go instead of Thailand?

CG1 Blue

Don't know how easy it is to get to Costa Rica from the UK, but it is a beautiful & safe country to visit & party in.  The capital, San Jose has a red light district and the hoookers are unionized and get medical exams every 15-days.  I've never partaken, but they're pretty hot and most are probably from Venezuela and have German & Italian ancestry.

There are plenty of beach bars and clubs on both the Pacific & Atlantic sides, but the visitors are going to be either well-heeled, or young backpacker types, -neither of which would likely be interested in a group of 50-yr old Brits, so don't go counting on getting lucky much with other tourists though.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Don't know how easy it is to get to Costa Rica from the UK, but it is a beautiful & safe country to visit & party in.  The capital, San Jose has a red light district and the hoookers are unionized and get medical exams every 15-days.  I've never partaken, but they're pretty hot and most are probably from Venezuela and have German & Italian ancestry.

There are plenty of beach bars and clubs on both the Pacific & Atlantic sides, but the visitors are going to be either well-heeled, or young backpacker types, -neither of which would likely be interested in a group of 50-yr old Brits, so don't go counting on getting lucky much with other tourists though.

San Jose CR is not a very nice place. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I know Tenerife very well, and was there in November. It's ok for a break from the UK winter temperatures, but I don't really class it as tropical. Being volcanic the whole place seems devoid of any fauna and flora aside from cockroaches and cacti. Nightlife there is a little bit stunted at the moment. I don't know about the other Canary Islands. 

Madeira is showing max temps of around 16 degrees at the moment. 

Cuba, Columbia, Costa Rica, Mexico seem to be options...

Avoid Mexico & Columbia <deleted> ! 
Azores ( Portugal) are further south. Dubai, but can be arrested and jailed for literally anything so no ….many Canary Islands apart from Tenerife….but still volcanic & more quiet….Costa Rica is fine. Caribbean European Islands are Great ( British / French / Dutch ).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

'I've never partaken, but they're pretty hot andmost are probably from Venezuela and have German & Italian ancestry.'

lovely hairy armpits, something to look forward to.????

• Haha 1

My sisters in-laws moved to Barbados, they travelled from the UK to Barbados pretty easily a few months back. I have no idea what boxes it ticks other than fishing, but they had a test-and-go system similar to here, just stay in the hotel for 24 hours awaiting test results before allowed starting the holiday.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

My sisters in-laws moved to Barbados, they travelled from the UK to Barbados pretty easily a few months back. I have no idea what boxes it ticks other than fishing, but they had a test-and-go system similar to here, just stay in the hotel for 24 hours awaiting test results before allowed starting the holiday.

Yes I've considered Barbados. I didn't realise they had a test and go - so presumably it's just as risky as going to Thailand then, i.e. if you test positive you'll be quarantined. 

13 minutes ago, ThaiAl said:

I friend of mine went to Jamaica. Easy entry and no Covid (at the moment).
Puerto Rico ist another destination at this moment (if you don't have a problem with the americans ???? )

I'd like to go to Jamaica, but it's always had a reputation of being dangerous anywhere outside the resort you're staying at. Or is that a dated view? 

28 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes I've considered Barbados. I didn't realise they had a test and go - so presumably it's just as risky as going to Thailand then, i.e. if you test positive you'll be quarantined. 

Take a look, things change, it may be the case that you aren't whisked off to a quarantine camp or even so, it may not be for an unreasonable length of time. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Go skiing. I miss it a lot now.

Aah yes my Gf loves skiing also, she turns around slips a leg over and slides along  the length of all the up and downhill areas, but she says the downhill is the best as she gets into all the deep furrows.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You might want to look at the Dominican Republic.

There are some "naughty" beach resorts there far away from Santa Domingo. I personally don't like the DR culture but its very popular.

Covid rules sound OK.

https://www.southwest.com/coronavirus/dominican-republic/

That's a good shout, I'll look into DR ????

On 1/14/2022 at 5:31 PM, RichardColeman said:

I've been stuck in the BP pithole for the last 22 months, you are not funny ???? But OK if you like chips, weed, beer and fat uneducated women

Now I understand why you seem to spend your life here contributing to TV/AN forums. Have you sought counselling or an air ticket out of there?

Edited by soi3eddie

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You might want to look at the Dominican Republic.

There are some "naughty" beach resorts there far away from Santa Domingo. I personally don't like the DR culture but its very popular.

Covid rules sound OK.

https://www.southwest.com/coronavirus/dominican-republic/

Sousa in DR, just watched a video. Definitely a contender!