Pattaya Mayor says city will still hold a Chinese New Year festival event under strict Covid-19 rules

webfact

HappyFresh-CNY-History-And-Traditions-Lion-Dance-696x464.jpg

FILE PHOTO

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Pattaya, according to the Mayor, will still hold a Chinese New Year festival under strict Covid-19 measurements to boost tourism despite high cases of Covid-19 locally.

The Pattaya City Mayor Sontaya Kunplome told local media this week, “The annual Chinese New Year festival WILL be held this year from January 30th to February 1st.”

“The festival preserves the precious tradition of Thai-Chinese people who live in Pattaya and the Banglamung area as well as to boost tourism, especially domestic as due to suspension of Test and Go and the Pattaya Sandbox there are not as many tourists in the area as before New Year’s.” The Mayor stated.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/14/pattaya-mayor-says-city-will-still-hold-a-chinese-new-year-festival-event-under-strict-covid-19-rules/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya – Pattaya, according to the Mayor, will still hold a Chinese New Year festival under strict Covid-19 measurements to boost tourism despite high cases of Covid-19 locally.

Isn't this how it all started?

• Like 2

Again-you can't fix stupid!

Pattaya is well and truly Festivalled Out!

Now in the midst of it's Omicron Festival with infections on a par with Bangkok and Hospitels and Field Hospitals opening up everywhere Chinese NY has come to plague us!

You don't have to have a Festival to remind us where this pandemic came from- alledgidly from creating strong variants in a lab

3 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

They don’t learn do they? Look at the spike in cases after New Years.

Long lines of Covid-infected wait at Pattaya hospital for quarantine bed

PMail.jpg.fb6ad3f5fbc2be0a693184febc369b76.jpg

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/long-lines-of-covid-infected-wait-at-pattaya-hospital-for-quarantine-bed-386280

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought that Asia was the LOF, Land of Festivals. and Chinese New Year is a very popular and 

important festival to many people, just like a few others are as well. Notice to expats, if you have

some negative thoughts, just do not attend, pretty simple solution.  I enjoyed a few great festivals

in my previous trips to Thailand and it was Land of Smiles during those festivals.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

I thought that Asia was the LOF, Land of Festivals. and Chinese New Year is a very popular and 

important festival to many people, just like a few others are as well. Notice to expats, if you have

some negative thoughts, just do not attend, pretty simple solution.  I enjoyed a few great festivals

in my previous trips to Thailand and it was Land of Smiles during those festivals.

Was there a global pandemic on when you visited these festivals?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"I'm told".......Its been cancelled here in Udon Thani

-----who has the say in all this, up here it seems to be the governor --who is quite strict  , he shut all the schools again bars have not been open for quite a while.

Bangkok has cancelled Lunar New Year festivals. So Bangkokians will head down to Pattaya bringing the virus with them. Same same as calendar New Year. Same same as Songkran.

Someone should tell the mayor about the definition of insanity. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Bangkok has cancelled Lunar New Year festivals. So Bangkokians will head down to Pattaya bringing the virus with them. Same same as calendar New Year. Same same as Songkran.

Someone should tell the mayor about the definition of insanity. 

Oh it is here already a plenty...... 

• Like 1