Can I change from marriage to retirement.

10 minutes ago, Noah K said:

However, if you do the monthly international transfer, it should be in one deposit, not two (i.e. 30,000 + 35,000 won't cut it). Also if you are using Wise (previously known as Transfer Wise) be sure to note that Wise can at times transfer your money into their account at Kasikorn bank (my account is at Bangkok Bank) then Wise will do an inter-bank transfer via SMART. You still get your money, but it will not show up as an international transfer, which means you will need an FTT letter from Kasikorn Bank (bring a copy of the Wise transaction to the bank) and make sure they sign the FTT letter. You also need a yearly statement (no older than a week before your visit to immigration) and a second bank statement with just the international transfers.

Have not had any issues using more than one transfer in a month.  Wise has a work around to almost always get transfer directly to BBL (account is tagged).  Have never required bank statement with just international transfers (but normal account balance bank letter is needed).  This at Bangkok Immigration.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As many of us with insurance have to pay up front that money should be available to use in all cases

Could have highlighted your whole post as I agree .

Picked out this bit in particular. The insurance requirement for non O-A folk is a joke. 

Strangely think Phuket do not insist on it? 

One sensible immigration office. 

Many folk killing off their non O-A.

Not surprisingly. 

22 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have not had any issues using more than one transfer in a month.  Wise has a work around to almost always get transfer directly to BBL (account is tagged).  Have never required bank statement with just international transfers (but normal account balance bank letter is needed).  This at Bangkok Immigration.

I'm living in Chiang Mai, and answers are never the same (WTT! Welcome To Thailand) depending on who you ask. I was at immigration just two days ago. I use an agent even though I am sure I could do it myself, but you do skip all the lines. I was in and out in 5 minutes. I too was also under the impression that you can have more than one deposit each month totalling 65,000 baht, but my agent was adamant that if I did do monthly to make sure it was one deposit. I also read on the Siam Legal website that a third option was to have a yearly total of international deposits which added up to 800,000 baht. My agent just rolled his eyes. Next year I hope to get permanent resident status, it's good for ten years and no more visa renewals, no more 90 day check-ins, no more bank statements. I wonder just how many hoops I will have to jump threw for that? WTT

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

OTOH if your wife dies before you then AFAIR you can stay until that extension expires after which you have to leave Thailand, One option is if you have young children you should be able to stay until they reach a certain age, what that age is I cannot remember.

What would happen if the wife dies 30 days before the marriage extension expires, then you wouldn't have time to season the 800k for 2 months prior to applying for the retirement extension?

Just now, ExpatOilWorker said:

What would happen if the wife dies 30 days before the marriage extension expires, then you wouldn't have time to season the 800k for 2 months prior to applying for the retirement extension?

I recall a similar situation.

The immigration office was flexible. 

Guess worse case scenario would be to use agent. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for post. 

I thought it was the other way round. Meaning Bangkok Bank was the bank that was Wise go to bank.

No matter, what you outline will work for those using income method. 

When I first tried to open a bank account, Kasikorn said no. Bangkok bank said yes, so that's why I use BKK bank. In November of 2021, the only transfer I made that month, I usually do two was sent to Kasikorn and then transferred via SMART to my account at BKK bank. This was a surprise to me, and from what I know about WISE, they have accounts in banks all over the world. I made 23 international transfers with them and 22 went straight to my bank account. One went to Kasikorn bank, and was then transfer to my account. I don't know exactly why, I can give it a guess, and I know of one other person where this happened. It's not common, just wanted to make everyone who reads there aware of the issue.

7 minutes ago, Noah K said:

I'm living in Chiang Mai, and answers are never the same (WTT! Welcome To Thailand) depending on who you ask. I was at immigration just two days ago. I use an agent even though I am sure I could do it myself, but you do skip all the lines. I was in and out in 5 minutes. I too was also under the impression that you can have more than one deposit each month totalling 65,000 baht, but my agent was adamant that if I did do monthly to make sure it was one deposit. I also read on the Siam Legal website that a third option was to have a yearly total of international deposits which added up to 800,000 baht. My agent just rolled his eyes. Next year I hope to get permanent resident status, it's good for ten years and no more visa renewals, no more 90 day check-ins, no more bank statements. I wonder just how many hoops I will have to jump threw for that? WTT

The Siam thing is rubbish as your agent pointed out.

Think I'm jaded. Can't understand why folk don't just don't  use money in bank method. 

Can't afford that then use agent ongoing. Perhaps 15k per year.