SHA+ transport with hotel or any SHA+ certified taxi from Phuket Airport to Krabi

Does the transport need to be with the hotel or can I book any SHA+ certified transport as long as I have a confirmation?

Who will check the transport confirmation. the airline or airport officials? Booked Transport was not part of my (approved) Thailand Pass application in december.

Hotel asks 3000Baht HKT to Krabi; SHA+ Taxi asks 2300

Thanks!

Edited by stat

When I flew into Phuket on the 5th after going through immigration and baggage reclaim I did my covid test immediately outside the terminal.  Once done you were directed to the gaggle of drivers holding name boards. 

I don't think they'd know or care whether the drivers worked for the hotel or not and although I had booked with the hotel it wasn't checked at any point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, novster said:

When I flew into Phuket on the 5th after going through immigration and baggage reclaim I did my covid test immediately outside the terminal.  Once done you were directed to the gaggle of drivers holding name boards. 

I don't think they'd know or care whether the drivers worked for the hotel or not and although I had booked with the hotel it wasn't checked at any point. 

He wants to go to Krabi.

Not on Phuket island

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:10 PM, bokningar said:

If the transport is found on this site it should be OK

https://web.thailandsha.com/shalists?keyword=airport

Happy travels

Thanks for your post! On the offcial site you mentioned I find only 4 SHA+ taxis whereare on the internet I found several more like this one for example:

https://krabishuttle.com/

Are there any requirements for the prepaid receipt so that I can board the plane?

Thanks!

I am at a loss here. My Thai pass was approved without the "mandatory" SHA+ transport included in the confirmation. Where will the transport confirmation be checked? By the airline, at Thai immigration, at all?

Thanks!

Edited by stat

I do not think anyone will check until your arrival in Thailand. If you do not have such a reservation (included in the hotel reservation or not) the authorities at the airport are not going to be happy. At a minimum, you can expect to be detained for a while at the airport, and then likely transferred to your hotel at exorbitant cost. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stat said:

I am at a loss here. My Thai pass was approved without the "mandatory" SHA+ transport included in the confirmation. Where will the transport confirmation be checked? By the airline, at Thai immigration, at all?

I would guess that they assumed your transport was included in your hotel reservation.

The transport from the airport is not included on the list of documents for the sandboxes on the Thailand Pass site.

You should still try to arrange your transport before arriving.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would guess that they assumed your transport was included in your hotel reservation.

The transport from the airport is not included on the list of documents for the sandboxes on the Thailand Pass site.

You should still try to arrange your transport before arriving.

My hotel is not answering on several channels at all. Anyone ever booked a transfer with another hotel then the hotel he stayes with? I guess that should be OK but I am not sure?