90-day online report success first time

Looks like your post refers to Thai Immigration rather than to visas overseas, so let's try it in the Thai Immigration Forum.

For clarification, Thai Immigration didn't approve your stay until April, that's when you next have to report, extending your stay here is a totally different process.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Looks like your post refers to Thai Immigration rather than to visas overseas, so let's try it in the Thai Immigration Forum.

For clarification, Thai Immigration didn't approve your stay until April, that's when you next have to report, extending your stay here is a totally different process.

read the note, it says logged into the 90-day online report, 90 days from now will be April when next is due.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The previous complaints were justified as MANY had zero success.

The new system seems to be significant improvement.

Were you previous reports using the "old system" successful? 

negative.  First time I tried 3 years ago I got through successfully and never again so I have been using the EMS post of the TM47 for the past 3 years.  When they reported this new system, I registered as they instructed and then when this month's report was due I logged in and it worked with no glitches at all and very quickly!  Can't argue or complain so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Presnock said:

negative.  First time I tried 3 years ago I got through successfully and never again so I have been using the EMS post of the TM47 for the past 3 years.  When they reported this new system, I registered as they instructed and then when this month's report was due I logged in and it worked with no glitches at all and very quickly!  Can't argue or complain so far.

Excellent and these reports (previously no success) and now success would suggest that the new system is significant improvement.

I'm being overly cautious and even though my 15 day window opened last week I still posted it and will continue doing that till see ongoing success. 

Didn't even try online despite having registered on new system and have new password from when it was first announced. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent and these reports (previously no success) and now success would suggest that the new system is significant improvement.

Agreed.

But still need more CW-office experiences.

Can't remember the last denial/failure using the new system? But haven't looked on FB, where there are far more experiences in general.

I did my 90 day report via the new system Sunday, and the report was approved Monday around 9 in the morning by Lamphun Immigration. Had been using the old system successfully for years, but after getting a new passport in 2019 it never worked for me again.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I on the other hand had 100% success with the previous system, with an instant approval of every report since day one, maybe I was just lucky.

I recently reported using the new system, and whilst the receipt of report was acknowledged instantly, it took four days for the approval of my report to come through, I can live with that though. 

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Agreed.

But still need more CW-office experiences.

Can't remember the last denial/failure using the new system? But haven't looked on FB, where there are far more experiences in general.

Ah yes.

Didn't look to see which office.

I'm with CW and I now regard her as an untrustworthy girlfriend.

Good when she's good and heartbreaker when unreliable.

My new squeeze name is EMS. 

5 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

recently reported using the new system, and whilst the receipt of report was acknowledged instantly, it took four days for the approval of my report to come through, I can live with that though.

That's the deal breaker for me.

CW want the mail report 15 days prior to due date.

I'm not prepared to wait even a few days with online option.

I like how the old system treated me....Instant Failure. 

I knew where I stood. 

CW and myself have moved on to be Pen Pals. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I knew where I stood. 

Yup.  And they may reject it and fine you 2000 baht if you mail it past the 15 days.  By golly, it's almost like they have set it up to get those fines.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

But they do not enforce it.

I have seen many report of them being processed if the were received within the real requirement of being received within 7 days before the rpor date or even less.

You could mail it by EMS so it is received within the 7 days and it would be accepted.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I knew where I stood. 

I plan to double-dip on the next report. Try OL at day -15/-14, drop EMS ~ day -10 if no feedback OL.  I might include a note saying that I did try the OL system.

Sorry to rain on your parade, folks, but on the strength of this report I just tried the Android app, reports for wife and me due on Monday. Both cases, completed everything successfully, as far as submission. Then, I got a reminder not to overstay, go see immigration. Could not proceed further. Our extensions are good to the end of March, so no overtstay !

Easier and quicker to drop in to Jomtien, two minutes. Filling in the app crapp takes 5, 555.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I plan to double-dip on the next report. Try OL at day -15/-14, drop EMS ~ day -10 if no feedback OL.  I might include a note saying that I did try the OL system.

It crossed my mind. 

Even tempted this week to do online as posted last Thursday. 

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But they do not enforce it.

I have seen many report of them being processed if the were received within the real requirement of being received within 7 days before the rpor date or even less.

You could mail it by EMS so it is received within the 7 days and it would be accepted.

Speaking from personal experience when I did not receive it back and showed up at CW with proof of mailing it, I was told the reason it was not returned was that I mailed it too late and I was fined 2000 baht.  I sent it by EMS about 10 days before due date.  

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm being overly cautious and even though my 15 day window opened last week I still posted it and will continue doing that till see ongoing success. 

Didn't even try online despite having registered on new system and have new password from when it was first announced. 

Registered and got password about a week ago

2:26pm 18th submitted application

8:46am 19th received approval e-mail with attached receipt for passport.

Vast improvement on old system which I used a few times before getting new passport then it never worked after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricklev said:

Speaking from personal experience when I did not receive it back and showed up at CW with proof of mailing it, I was told the reason it was not returned was that I mailed it too late and I was fined 2000 baht.  I sent it by EMS about 10 days before due date.  

Did you check tracking to see when it was received by them. Did you try to show them when they received it?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you check tracking to see when it was received by them. Did you try to show them when they received it?

Yes.  It was received eight days before the due date. I showed them the EMS tracking.  They were uninterested in any discussion. I was polite and dressed appropriately if that's a concern. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricklev said:

Yes.  It was received eight days before the due date. I showed them the EMS tracking.  They were uninterested in any discussion. I was polite and dressed appropriately if that's a concern. 

Thats harsh. You should not have been fined. 

Great to hear positive reports, and thanks for posting your experiences.

I may try it one day, if I am at home sick. But frankly, for those in Chiang Mai, it's so easy to do it in person at Promenada. 90d is done in the blink of an eye, and I can make my trip worthy with some shopping or a drink. Just have to remember the kind ladies have a lunch break.