Anyone using a Bosch washing machine?

Dario

Hi everyone,

we've been using a LG front loader washing machine for the past 11 years, yesterday our main board broke, as the repairman said, but no spare part available in the whole of Thailand. So. the machine is dead now.

I have been looking for a new machine. Being from Switzerland, I know that BOSCH is a very reputable brand and practically the only brand available in Thailand. I found a very good machine for 16'900 Baht, 14'900 if you order online at HomePro.  This machine loads 8 kg vs 7 kg for the LG, 1'200 r/pm spin speed vs 1'000, 18 programs vs 13, adjustable temperature vs non adjustable, comes with a stand vs no stand for the LG.

As long as the machine works well, everything is fine. Now if it has to be repaired, BOSCH spare parts won't be as cheap as LG or Samsung. Are there any of our members who have had to repair their BOSCH washing machine in Thailand?

Edited by Dario

Hi,

I own a Bosch heat pump dryer.  It’s four years old now and works great.  It experienced a minor issue about a year after I bought it.  (It was making a slight squeaking noise when running.). I called for service, they arrived within a day and resolved the issue immediately.  Total cost was covered under warranty.  I live in Chiang Mai province.  

This is only to attest to the responsiveness of the factory authorized service folks.  They were great.

I actually couldn’t find a Bosch washer when I was in the market.  I “settled” on a Siemens washer.  I’m very happy with it .  I runs at least once a day, sometimes up to three times a day.  It too is four years old and it runs like a champ.

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 1

Just 2 weeks ago I had problems with a Siemens wahing machine.

As you know, they come from the same factory.

At the moment the machine went out I stay in Europe and my gf call me what to do.

I don't use my brains at that time and told her to wait I come back.

Long story short, the heating element make short connection, the machine is about 11 years old and is was difficult to get a new element here in LOS.

Ayway, in the Netherlands it was easy to order this part for 17 euro's!

Here in Thailand after searching 5 different companies there was only one who offer me this for 3000 thb.

I change this and everything is working now for 100% again.

And yes I was thinking to buy the same Bosch machine if I can't repair the old one, however it looks like Siemens don't sale household  stuff anymore., I bought the old one here in Thailand.

I soon will buy a washer and dryer......
in the begin I was looking at the LG's. Now I found also a Bosch (HomePro) which looks goods on paper.
So I will be very interested about feedback on Bosch as well.

I have both (8 kg series 6 Bosch, and 10.5/7kg LG). They are a bit different on the modes that they have, so clothes tend to come out of the Bosch machine softer than from LG when just washing, but on the other hand LG has not very well implemented but still useful mobile app to control and download additional cycles into washer remotely. I had an LG bought about 15 years ago which made white clothes really white, and expected that so would the new one, but that's not the case. Both LG and Bosch do roughly the same job, I guess it's due to both of them using a very small amount of water, compared to older models. Both are quiet to about the same degree, on tiled floor, so they are not jumping around or anything like that. Can't talk about service as neither of them had any problems that required calling the service.

So all in all, I don't really see much if any difference between the 2, except that Bosch can make clothes a little softer on some programs, and keep more softener smell in, while LG requires manual fiddling with the spin speed controls (found 1000 rpm to work best for things like towels when dried naturally) to come close to what Bosch does. Bosch is also a little faster, maybe because it has smaller drum.

We have Beko downstairs, in "laundry room", and for once I've used it, results were pretty much the same as well. Other than 8 kg printing on it, and looking rather fancy, I know nothing about that washer.

Previously I've had Hitachi, a pretty special model, BD-S5500, which you really need space for, but turned out quite unreliable and although their service center is amazingly good, just the fact I have seen them 4 times in a year should tell you something isn't good about it. That said, that was the best combo dryer probably ever made in terms of how clothes came out of it, and how the user interface is designed.

Not sure this helps.

• Like 1

my suggestion don't buy anything fancy main board break down are common and repair are expensive, like you said your LG lasted 11 years, it served it purpose, just get another cheap top loader one from Big C, it do its job just fine

• Like 1

Bosch are good units yes.

Have both family and friends who have them and have used them on occasion my/ourselves with good results.

We use Electrolux in both fridges and front load washers in our castle .. Why? Because from decades of experience Electrolux ... I can attest to them as excellent value for money, design - superb, super reliability, durable, very quiet in both (their fridges are arguably the quietest on the market), and without doubt excellent quality.

We bought our Thai machines here a few year or so back. Had them in Oz prior for about 15 years with subsequent models during that time.

We considered Miele for such things in the new home but the cost-to-quality, performance, function, and durability difference was so close it did not justify the high purchase price for Miele.  

Given the cost of repairs of a Bosch, both in initial outlay and repair e.g. the mainboard will cost you almost as much as then entire unit (so too for a motor) to replace if it goes bung outside of warranty - so if you do choose Bosch I would advise extended warranty. 

Bosch do make great electrical motors of course, and the rest of the machine components is high standard.  

But for a saving of $100 AUD or more a Swedish Electrolux matches them in every respect. Oh we bought from Power Barn by the way.

Edited by Tropposurfer

We have a Bosch Power Wave Pro with a 16kg drum capacity. My wife wanted a washer with a large drum for cleaning our comforter. It does the job well but she uses her old LG twin drum machine to clean everything else because "Bosch very expensive". I have no idea how many cycles are required to clean the same amount in the LG compared to one in the Bosch and I will not ask because I don't want to do the laundry.

• Haha 1

In 2010 i bought a Bosch washing machine from Homepro in Pattaya.  In 2020 it broke down and i had to have the circuit board replaced.  I paid around 16,000 for the machine originally and paid 8,500 to have the board replaced.  I wish i hadn't bothered as not all the features (temperature settings) on the new board work.  Just waiting for the machine to pack up completely so we can buy a new one.  Very unreliable repair service on any product in Thailand, apart from that, things like washing machines are so cheap it's false economy to have them repaired

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ujayujay said:

11 Years seems to be a respectable age for a Washingmachine here in tropic Atmosphere. Most Brands are made in China, also Bosch. I prefer LG anyway based on my experiences.

Correction: the Bosch washing machines are made in Germany not China, I've been told by Bosch Thailand.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I have both (8 kg series 6 Bosch, and 10.5/7kg LG). They are a bit different on the modes that they have, so clothes tend to come out of the Bosch machine softer than from LG when just washing, but on the other hand LG has not very well implemented but still useful mobile app to control and download additional cycles into washer remotely. I had an LG bought about 15 years ago which made white clothes really white, and expected that so would the new one, but that's not the case. Both LG and Bosch do roughly the same job, I guess it's due to both of them using a very small amount of water, compared to older models. Both are quiet to about the same degree, on tiled floor, so they are not jumping around or anything like that. Can't talk about service as neither of them had any problems that required calling the service.

So all in all, I don't really see much if any difference between the 2, except that Bosch can make clothes a little softer on some programs, and keep more softener smell in, while LG requires manual fiddling with the spin speed controls (found 1000 rpm to work best for things like towels when dried naturally) to come close to what Bosch does. Bosch is also a little faster, maybe because it has smaller drum.

We have Beko downstairs, in "laundry room", and for once I've used it, results were pretty much the same as well. Other than 8 kg printing on it, and looking rather fancy, I know nothing about that washer.

Previously I've had Hitachi, a pretty special model, BD-S5500, which you really need space for, but turned out quite unreliable and although their service center is amazingly good, just the fact I have seen them 4 times in a year should tell you something isn't good about it. That said, that was the best combo dryer probably ever made in terms of how clothes came out of it, and how the user interface is designed.

Not sure this helps.

I also have this Bosch front loader (in Australia) 6/7 years old hasn’t missed a beat.

No hesitation in buying again. 

I bought a Bosch washing machine 15 months ago and was told the model l purchased was made in Germany but there were other Bosch models on display that were made in China but these were less expensive. I received a trade in of 2000 baht on my non working Samsung washing machine that had lasted 10 years. Very happy with the Bosch washing machine as it has many advantages over cheaper machines

19 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Bosch are good units yes.

Have both family and friends who have them and have used them on occasion my/ourselves with good results.

We use Electrolux in both fridges and front load washers in our castle .. Why? Because from decades of experience Electrolux ... I can attest to them as excellent value for money, design - superb, super reliability, durable, very quiet in both (their fridges are arguably the quietest on the market), and without doubt excellent quality.

We bought our Thai machines here a few year or so back. Had them in Oz prior for about 15 years with subsequent models during that time.

We considered Miele for such things in the new home but the cost-to-quality, performance, function, and durability difference was so close it did not justify the high purchase price for Miele.  

Given the cost of repairs of a Bosch, both in initial outlay and repair e.g. the mainboard will cost you almost as much as then entire unit (so too for a motor) to replace if it goes bung outside of warranty - so if you do choose Bosch I would advise extended warranty. 

Bosch do make great electrical motors of course, and the rest of the machine components is high standard.  

But for a saving of $100 AUD or more a Swedish Electrolux matches them in every respect. Oh we bought from Power Barn by the way.

From my experience Bosch and Electrolux are about as good as it gets for home appliances. Panasonic is now making some truly outstanding AC units too. 

We have a Samsung 10kg washing machine that packed it in after 9 yrs sitting outside but under cover. We've had a generic sensor board attached for around 1400 baht and it works well, but with only basic functions - water height, wash, spin, rinse - but no other settings like wool, blankets, etc - can't notice any difference in wash quality

Edited by Dumbfounded