Ex-Thai PM Thaksin claims major pork merchants are hoarding frozen meat

webfact

4 minutes ago, chang1 said:

It's happening all over - the UK has just had its highest inflation figures for about 13 years. Gas and electricity are big contributers lately. 

Did you mishear it... they actually said highest  in just under 30 years.!

17 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

I wonder if Tony's "Care Talk x CareClubHouse” chat room also covers cosmetic surgery, the pitfalls of which are now highly evident on his face. If he pulls it any tighter he'll start looking like Michael Jackson - already the eyes are starting to look like a freak-show. And that hair dye makes Rudy Giuliani's hair look almost natural. As for him advising the Government about pigs, for one who spent so much of his time with his snout in the trough, he's probably well qualified.

Or, as we used to say about Cher (of Sonny & Cher fame), "If she gets one more facelift, she'll have a beard."

24 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

I truly believe this is happening now in Thailand. So many things we need to live have increased greatly, petrol and pork prices especially. Now I hear many other things going up, like eggs. How and why is this happening to the Thai people? Why isn't the government trying to do something to help? Is there too many rich corrupted politicians in this country, more than the US and other countries. I really believe that the government is working with these pork merchants and making money off the public. When will the Thai people wake up and get rid of the clowns that are in power?

It's business as usual by the same people that brought you Chinese vaccines when Thais were begging for Pfizer and Moderna.  

• Thanks 1

Prayut said the same thing when asked why was there a pork shortage which he replied "some people could be meddling in the process". Thaksin is bolder by stating clear as to why the shortage. Prayut is hidding the truth and protecting the unscrupulous.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

I wonder if Tony's "Care Talk x CareClubHouse” chat room also covers cosmetic surgery, the pitfalls of which are now highly evident on his face. If he pulls it any tighter he'll start looking like Michael Jackson - already the eyes are starting to look like a freak-show. And that hair dye makes Rudy Giuliani's hair look almost natural. As for him advising the Government about pigs, for one who spent so much of his time with his snout in the trough, he's probably well qualified.

This guy here is my personal favourite, wins hands down, no contest!

Capture.JPG

Could very well be true and if so, it should be looked into and hefty fines should be issued. But Thaksin is hardly one to cast stones. I mean, you don’t become a billionaire - certainly not in Thailand - by being Mr. Nice Guy, so I’m quite sure he and his clan screwed over lots of people in the process. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really? And you all see that in that stupid name?

But it seems somehow you didn't see the part about being a fugitive criminal.

I saw, but then realised the charges were politically motivated after a military coup.

How is supporting military coups working out for you btw?

39 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I saw, but then realised the charges were politically motivated after a military coup.

How is supporting military coups working out for you btw?

I dont think that because you recognize how bad Thaksin was---that means you back the present military government--or a military coup,   you can (& I do) have disdain for them both Mr Meeseeks.

But when someone like Thaksin starts pointing out to us--that  there is corruption here............. :w00t:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thaksin and his wife began several businesses while he was still in the police, including a silk shop, a cinema, and an apartment building. All were failures and left him over 50 million baht in debt,

I wonder how you lend that much on a policeman's wage 40 years ago.

On 23 January 2006, the Shinawatra family sold their entire stake in Shin Corporation to Temasek Holdings. The Shinawatra and Damapong families netted about 73 billion baht (about US$1.88 billion) tax-free

2009, Privy Councilor General Pichitr Kullavanijaya reported he had been informed by former US ambassador to Thailand Ralph L. Boyce that Thaksin had laundered 100 billion baht (US$2.8 billion) through Cayman Island bank accounts to organise the anti-government protests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I dont think that because you recognize how bad Thaksin was---that means you back the present military government--or a military coup,   you can (& I do) have disdain for them both Mr Meeseeks.

But when someone like Thaksin starts pointing out to us--that  there is corruption here............. :w00t:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thaksin and his wife began several businesses while he was still in the police, including a silk shop, a cinema, and an apartment building. All were failures and left him over 50 million baht in debt,

I wonder how you lend that much on a policeman's wage 40 years ago.

On 23 January 2006, the Shinawatra family sold their entire stake in Shin Corporation to Temasek Holdings. The Shinawatra and Damapong families netted about 73 billion baht (about US$1.88 billion) tax-free

2009, Privy Councilor General Pichitr Kullavanijaya reported he had been informed by former US ambassador to Thailand Ralph L. Boyce that Thaksin had laundered 100 billion baht (US$2.8 billion) through Cayman Island bank accounts to organise the anti-government protests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

The poster I replied to supported the military coup in 2014, hence my comment. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

His record, whilst he was in power, would support Mr Meeseeks comment.

He has more business acumen than this 'rigged' group of generals added together.

At the time, I spoke to a lot of local Thais here on Samui and Thais from other provinces, and their common theme was that he was the first PM, in their lifetime, to do something for the people. All would say that they knew someone in their home town/village etc who had received something from Thaksin's policies.

Vote buying? Of course. That is normal for Thailand.

He was removed by the 'rich and famous' because the he was loved by the 'common people'.

The criminal record was a political move. Every one of the leaders today could have a similar criminal record.

7 hours ago, chang1 said:

It's happening all over - the UK has just had its highest inflation figures for about 13 years. Gas and electricity are big contributers lately. 

Another reason why the UK is not my home any more! Before I left some years ago, gas prices went up by up to 50%, and now they're going up again, along with electricity prices - both essential commodities whose suppliers seem to get away with thwarting the Monopolies Commission by working " hand in hand" regarding price increases.