Ex-Thai PM Thaksin claims major pork merchants are hoarding frozen meat

webfact

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I saw, but then realised the charges were politically motivated after a military coup.

How is supporting military coups working out for you btw?

Politically motivated?

That's what Trump tells his supporters when he is prosecuted for lying to the insurance and tax authorities in his property business and all his other alleged crimes. They are still crimes, even if a politician was or is the criminal.

Do you really want to pretend Thaksin was not highly corrupt?

I can just about accept when some people admit he was corrupt but he also did good things. But denying that he was corrupt at all is just hilarious. 

And about the coups? They happened a long time ago. I hope one day the Thai people will vote for competent and honest politicians. But I don't have much hope they will do that in the foreseeable future. 

In the meantime I am happy that the red mob stays in their villages.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 11:21 PM, Buffy Frobisher said:

And that hair dye makes Rudy Giuliani's hair look almost natural.

Supposedly it's a wig.

It was reported during the sit-in at Ratchadamri that one time he appeared on the jumbotron (or whatever they call it) to address the faithful without the rug on, and wasn't aware of it at first.  Bald head.  When he realized it he explained it away as from "just a little chemotherapy."  I never heard this statement elaborated on.

Perhaps it was he that initiated the frozen pork reserves, which is why he knows so much about it.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:52 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Dunno. Probably that he is far more intelligent, savvy, has better etiquette, is a better businessman, politician and economist, speaks far better English and is far more popular among Thais than the troglodyte currently pretending to be in charge?

ding ding ding ding ding ding! You are CORRECT sir, you are now our grand prize winner in the guess what's really going on here quiz show! Your prize? Free pork and (subsidized) rice dinners for life!

On 1/19/2022 at 2:21 PM, Buffy Frobisher said:

I wonder if Tony's "Care Talk x CareClubHouse” chat room also covers cosmetic surgery, the pitfalls of which are now highly evident on his face. If he pulls it any tighter he'll start looking like Michael Jackson - already the eyes are starting to look like a freak-show. And that hair dye makes Rudy Giuliani's hair look almost natural. As for him advising the Government about pigs, for one who spent so much of his time with his snout in the trough, he's probably well qualified.

How wonderful to have a board certified cosmetic surgeon such as yourself on top of things to give us your expert opinion. Facelift? Look closely. I'm in the entertainment business and work with lights and makeup.  First, recognize that Asians do not worship the sun as westerners do and so do not incur the aging sun damage seen in similarly aged Americans for example. Secondly, it's evident to most observers that Asians just seem to genetically age more slowly. Just look at the girls! . Note Thaksin's  protruding cheekbone area with some visible sagging. Note that he has prominent bags under his eyes. Not consistent with a facelift which would normally include eyelid work. Note that he is brightly lit from the front and therefore there are no shadows to highlight the normally visible irregularities in an older face. But you can see the irregularities to the left and right of his chin. The evenness of color tone overall hides blemishes and shows that he has been professionally made up. He has lines across his forehead, around his eyes-nose-mouth area, but with the makeup and frontal lighting they are minimized to near invisibility. It's possible he may have had a chemical peel, which removes the crinkly top layer of the epidermis which in an older person is where the dry and wrinkled agedness shows the most. And who cares if he dyes his hair? Do you see black rivers running down his face? He has a broad and bulbous nose - certainly no work done on that, since the popular trend is to "westernize" noses. Do you think his nose looks like Michael Jackson's nose? For comparison I've posted a photo of president Reagan, a California sun worshiper,  age 75 WITHOUT MAKEUP and lit from the side and so all irregularities  visible in shadow, and who has similar minimally sagging cheekbone features without the Asiatic cheekbones; a recent photo of Thaksin age 72 with less makeup but AGAIN lit from the front with minimal shadows (he probably has his own light and makeup crew) , and then your boy Michael Jackson, whom we can all  see looks just about EXACTLY like Thaksin. As far as snouts in the trough, every person in power does it, everywhere, in every country, in every party, it's almost the universal natural order of things, to the extent that it merits little more than a shrug as far as more serious things go, because it proves nothing. Just my opinion though and I for one will be the first to admit to not necessarily being fully informed because - DUH! I'm not Thai, I'm not from here, and I don't know the hearts of the Thai people or its past and present leaders, and won't pretend I do just to stand on a soapbox and hear myself roar. The bottom line is, he may have had work done but if so it was minimal and undetectable even by the esteemed Dr. Buffy, MD. As to the fundamental issue, the details and machinations of economic forces on commodities like pork are incredibly complex, but they follow basic supply and demand. Nuff said. 

reagan .png

thaksin2.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.51.54 PM.png

Edited by Jonathan Swift

On 1/19/2022 at 3:17 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

What should we think about somebody who calls himself Tony Woodsome?

No more questions your honor.

We should think that he is right, since they just found 200 tons of frozen pork in a storage facility.

(not sure I can quote the source, but see post by lopburi3 above).

Edited by arithai12
  • Like 2

By   the   report  in todays  news that  some 200 tons  of frozen pork  was  found in a cold storage unit,   the man  was right, what  you say now   yellow shirt lovers??      "Its  porky pies  it was  going to  the shop for sale????"...... later.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Politically motivated?

That's what Trump tells his supporters when he is prosecuted for lying to the insurance and tax authorities in his property business and all his other alleged crimes. They are still crimes, even if a politician was or is the criminal.

Do you really want to pretend Thaksin was not highly corrupt?

I can just about accept when some people admit he was corrupt but he also did good things. But denying that he was corrupt at all is just hilarious. 

And about the coups? They happened a long time ago. I hope one day the Thai people will vote for competent and honest politicians. But I don't have much hope they will do that in the foreseeable future. 

In the meantime I am happy that the red mob stays in their villages.

In case you did not notice, the red mobs went out of their village because the yellow mobs first went out of their village, and the green troops also went out of their barracks.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:04 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Really? And you all see that in that stupid name?

But it seems somehow you didn't see the part about being a fugitive criminal.

At least he is not a convicted drug dealer or an expensive watch hoarder. Like some

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 7:53 AM, sambum said:

Another reason why the UK is not my home any more! Before I left some years ago, gas prices went up by up to 50%, and now they're going up again, along with electricity prices - both essential commodities whose suppliers seem to get away with thwarting the Monopolies Commission by working " hand in hand" regarding price increases.   

Gas is going up because the wholesale price internationally is rising. Many of those suppliers you talk about have gone bust recently - at least the smaller ones have.