Length of validity of Bank Statement re: extension of stay O-marriage

The bank statement only needs to shows the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months prior to the day you apply.

Your bank book may be all you will need if it shows the 400k baht in bank for 2 months and has been updated on regular basis.

CW migration wants the bank book updated on the day you apply and the bank letter no older the day before.l

If needed you can get a bank statement on the day you apply or a few days before that.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TVBKK2020 said:

Such statement, when applying at CW for the extension, should not be dated prior to 30 days? 60 days?

Your applying for extension marriage using money in bank CW.

Obtain your bank letter on day of application is best option.

At same time make small deposit into account and subsequent letter from bank.

You need to provide photocopies of pages showing two previous months prior to application and first page showing name on account etc. 

Note SCB do not have branch at CW. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Your applying for extension marriage using money in bank CW.

Obtain your bank letter on day of application is best option.

At same time make small deposit into account and subsequent letter from bank.

You need to provide photocopies of pages showing two previous months prior to application and first page showing name on account etc. 

Note SCB do not have branch at CW. 

Yeah I'm going to get the "letter" right early in the morning from the Bank branch inside the complex.

Got the 6 month statement today though since it's less than 30 days before the application.

Will make a 1 baht deposit on the day of application so that bank book can be updated to the day.

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful.

Back in Sep 2021 when I renewed my marriage extension of stay at CW my bank letter was around 5 days old.  But my passbook amount was updated same day of application.  CW immigration officer said bank letter can be up to 7 days old but passbook needs to be updated showing required amount same day of application.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Helpful tip
As you go to the bank, before you enter
use the ATM and withdraw 1000 baht and keep the slip
then go into bank get letters and bank book updated????

The teller that you attend for bank letter can accept you deposit and also photocopy last page of bb and then sort the bank letter.

BTW no need to be 1000 any small deposit/withdrawl. is fine. I do 100baht and same time 100baht for bank letter. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The teller that you attend for bank letter can accept you deposit and also photocopy last page of bb and then sort the bank letter.

BTW no need to be 1000 any small deposit/withdrawl. is fine. I do 100baht and same time 100baht for bank letter. 

some offices also want a same day ATM slip
as you will see from reports on this forum
but yes the teller can also do what you state
just be sure to make deposit/withdraw before asking for the letter etc.
i had to go get new letter as balances did not match????‍♂️
(they also wanted a copy of EVERY page of bankbook, as i dont use the account and money just sits there)

• Like 1

The Bank letter showing EXACTLY the same balance as the bank book can be an issue. My bank only updates the balance on fixed deposit centrally at the end of day - so adding 1,000 baht means bank book shows 1000 baht more ....... usually not a problem but last year (January) the IO refused to accept it because of the 1000 baht difference! Couldn't get a new letter same day, only solution was to withdraw a sum so the book showed the same balance as the letter. Had to do 3 trips to bank same day last year. Hope that was a one off.

33 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Couldn't get a new letter same day.......

Why couldn't you obtain bank letter at the time you made your deposit.

With my Kasikorn FD account, I make 1000deposit (minimum allowed) and obtain bank letter at the same time..

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 8:57 AM, patman30 said:

Helpful tip
As you go to the bank, before you enter
use the ATM and withdraw 1000 baht and keep the slip
then go into bank get letters and bank book updated????

Good idea. Similar to depositing 1 baht before entering. Just make some account transaction on that day. So long as, of course, it's an account that does update instantly such as a checking or regular savings account - not one of the slower fixed deposit type accounts.

Edited by TVBKK2020
update