Can I do my thai tax return online or direct at the tax office

I have a tax id when I worked as a teacher ages ago. Now I have a WP again and wanted to pay tax (using my old tax id) on last years monthly salary. Its my understanding that my tax return has to be done by the end of March. 

Im married and will start applying for thai citizenship in 2 yrs time if all goes well. I know that I have to show evidence of paying tax. 

Therefore, if I do my tax online or direct at the tax office presumably I will get a receipt and thats enough evidence. Is this correct? Or should I be paying an accountant to do it for me?

thanks

it can be done online, but it seem to require Thai ID card, not just the 13 digit no. as there's confirmation code 'laser ID' at the back that's required to register an account to file your returns.

but doing it in person at the office is also possible, they're quire helpful in letting you know what you can deduct

@davidst01  Carry all your PND 1 (Monthly tax payments) which is paid by your school/company.

They will fill PND 91 for you on the spot.

Bring Thai wife for translation.

You may fill online if you can read Thai at an expert level (100% Fluency)

Edited by DrJoy

On 1/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, digbeth said:

it can be done online, but it seem to require Thai ID card, not just the 13 digit no. as there's confirmation code 'laser ID' at the back that's required to register an account to file your returns.

but doing it in person at the office is also possible, they're quire helpful in letting you know what you can deduct

I filed a Thai Personal Income Tax Return PND-90 online and I don't have a Thai ID Card, although I do have a Thai Tax ID.

I do second your report about the revenue department office being quite helpful.  My first year they filled out the PND-90 for me, filed it, and gave me a copy.  I used the copy as a model for how to file subsequent years (I only had tax withheld on interest earned that I wished to reclaim).  Then I started doing the tax return online.  It's gotten easier.  I use Google Chrome browser with Thai to English translation and I use Google Lens on my smartphone to translate some of the button from Thai into English.  It's possible to do without knowing a bit of Thai even though the online system is all in Thai.

Edited by skatewash

On 1/22/2022 at 10:05 PM, DrJoy said:

@davidst01  Carry all your PND 1 (Monthly tax payments) which is paid by your school/company.

They will fill PND 91 for you on the spot.

Bring Thai wife for translation.

You may fill online if you can read Thai at an expert level (100% Fluency)

I agree with all but that last paragraph.  I think it is possible to file online even if you don't know Thai as long as you use Google Chrome translate from Thai to English and Google Lens Translate from Thai to English (for the buttons that Chrome can't translate).  That said, it's not for everyone and they are very friendly at the Thai Revenue Department and they will be very helpful if you go in person.  They filled out my first PND-90 for me while I waited.  Very good service.

15 minutes ago, skatewash said:

I filed a Thai Personal Income Tax Return PND-90 online and I don't have a Thai ID Card, although I do have a Thai Tax ID.

How do you sign up for the online filing? my most recent experience is that after inputting the 13-digit ID no, it asks for the 'Laser ID' form the back of the ID card, is there a separate sign up route for people with just Tax ID and not ID card?

30 minutes ago, digbeth said:

How do you sign up for the online filing? my most recent experience is that after inputting the 13-digit ID no, it asks for the 'Laser ID' form the back of the ID card, is there a separate sign up route for people with just Tax ID and not ID card?

I signed up for an online account (subscribed) a few years ago so I don't accurately remember the process, although as said I couldn't have provided any information from a Thai ID Card because I don't have one.  When I sign on now I use a username that was established a few years ago.  It's possible that the sign-up (subscribe) process has changed in the intervening years.

This is the site where I sign in:
https://efiling.rd.go.th/rd-cms/

Again, "subscribe" is the English translation for what would otherwise be known as "create an account."

No foreigner is going to have a Thai ID Card so it would seem very strange that it is required to create an account.  At the time I created my online account I think I only would have had a passport, Thai Tax ID, and a yellow house registration book.  The only thing I can remember using was the Thai Tax ID number.

Anyway, I filed this year 11 January and am currently awaiting my refund letter.

40 minutes ago, digbeth said:

I believe I used only my Thai Tax ID (a thirteen digit number).  My Tax ID number is different from my "Thai ID number" used in my yellow house registration book, which is the same number as the "Thai ID number" used on my pink ID card.  All these numbers are 13-digit.  In my case, my Tax ID number is different from the other numbers, in some cases (depending on the sequence of getting them) it can all be the same number.  That's the only number I use with the Revenue Department.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skatewash said:

I signed up for an online account (subscribed) a few years ago so I don't accurately remember the process, although as said I couldn't have provided any information from a Thai ID Card because I don't have one.  When I sign on now I use a username that was established a few years ago.  It's possible that the sign-up (subscribe) process has changed in the intervening years.

This is the site where I sign in:
https://efiling.rd.go.th/rd-cms/

Again, "subscribe" is the English translation for what would otherwise be known as "create an account."

No foreigner is going to have a Thai ID Card so it would seem very strange that it is required to create an account.  At the time I created my online account I think I only would have had a passport, Thai Tax ID, and a yellow house registration book.  The only thing I can remember using was the Thai Tax ID number.

Anyway, I filed this year 11 January and am currently awaiting my refund letter.

It's all in Thai, is there an English version? 

I already have a tax id but I usually go to their office and they would fill up for me. 

Do we need to send any tax return documents to them via post or do they already have it in their system?

On 1/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, davidst01 said:

I have a tax id when I worked as a teacher ages ago. Now I have a WP again and wanted to pay tax (using my old tax id) on last years monthly salary. Its my understanding that my tax return has to be done by the end of March. 

Im married and will start applying for thai citizenship in 2 yrs time if all goes well. I know that I have to show evidence of paying tax. 

I used to do mine online but now do it personally but wait until April, when it is quieter but pay the 200 baht fine.

SB police told me that if my tax returns were late, they wouldn't count. You need 3 years of receipts  on over 40k salary. I would check with SB about if you actually need to be working or not, you maybe be wasting your time paying tax.