Followup on hernia operation

cmarshall

1 hour ago, RandiRona said:

You have a right whether that right brings you results or not, that could be a point of argument, but here you will be packed in body bag and shipped back with cardiac arrest with their non calibrated instruments showing 'factual' data. I am happy it worked for you and you are doing well. For anything which is not an emergency, I would go back and do it I  states if possible. Peace of mind if that make sense.

This argument reminds me of the arguments of the Brexiteers in the UK for whom it seemed like a good deal to shave 4% off their annual GDP every year in order to gain that will-o'-the-wisp "sovereignty." 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Forget suing.

How about a general screwup, misdiagnosis? Surely a hospital in US will do the right thing and fix the problem.... Free of charge, of course.

Well, there ought to be a lot of data to support your assertion since I remember one large scale study of diagnoses and outcomes in the US that found that 40% of cases were misdiagnosed.

One of the aspects of living in the Thailand that I enjoy the most is being out of the clutches of the American medical system.

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually no doctor is going to act on one BP reading or same unit for medication here (and have extensive experience myself as often more than 50 points higher).  

That's true, but if you were to watch the video whose link I posted, you would hear that doctor point out that the widespread failure to follow the best practices recommended by the medical standards committee that he references has resulted in overtreatment.  

1 hour ago, cmarshall said:

Just as an aside, the fact that my wife could stay with me in the room was an immense benefit that would not have been available to me in the USA.

I would agree with that and other close family members. ????