HSBC mobile app. Any problem?

48 minutes ago, lungbing said:

The HSBC app on my mobile has stopped working.  It just says there's a problem with their servers, try again later.

Is anybody else experiencing this.  It was working earlier this month.

My HSBC UK app is running okay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lungbing said:

The HSBC app on my mobile has stopped working.  It just says there's a problem with their servers, try again later.

Is anybody else experiencing this.  It was working earlier this month.

Is your HSBC app up to date? Just checked the playstore. Last update was Dec 10th.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

Thanks everybody.  I turned the phone off, restarted it and everything seems OK.   HSBC UK are indeed rolling out a new version of the app and my fault is a common one.  Perhaps it was old cookies that needed purging, or a cache somewhere.

Of course the written instructions for my wife on how to use the app are now no good as HSBC have redesigned the customer interface.

• 2 weeks later...

I have  had this problem again and after faffing around checking things I think I have found what causes it.

I use an app called "Change DNS" and using this is what upsets the HSBC app.  I usually select a DNS setting of No Adverts, but no matter what DNS I select from the "Change DNS" app, including Google's own,  it stops HSBC dead.   

So  now I  restart the phone when I want to use the HSBC app and that kills the "Change DNS" app until I restart it.