Have you been playing wordle?

Jingthing

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wordle 309 3/6

????????
????
????????????????????

I solve many in 3 but have never solved one in 2 and don't really expect to. 

On the face of it, you seem to be an above average Wordle player.

Good for you!

But the bottom line is the Wordle admins keep composite no records whatsoever so there is no such thing as a Wordle LEADERBOARD.

Also when we get it in two or three, there is no way to know how that ranks for that word internationally. 

So we're all playing with ourselves, ha ha.

Of course even if they did do an international leaderboard, it would be completely meaningless.

There are sites where anyone can CHEAT and see the solutions in advance. 

Of course that ruins the challenge and the fun, but welcome to human nature, or as Bernard Trink said MANURE. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I solve many in 3 but have never solved one in 2 and don't really expect to. 

On the face of it, you seem to be an above average Wordle player.

Good for you!

But the bottom line is the Wordle admins keep composite no records whatsoever so there is no such thing as a Wordle LEADERBOARD.

Also when we get it in two or three, there is no way to know how that ranks for that word internationally. 

So we're all playing with ourselves, ha ha.

Of course even if they did do an international leaderboard, it would be completely meaningless.

There are sites where anyone can CHEAT and see the solutions in advance. 

Of course that ruins the challenge and the fun, but welcome to human nature, or as Bernard Trink said MANURE. 

My strategy is to use ten different letters in the first two goes , then you would usually have two or three correct letters and maybe some in the right place and that makes it easier on the third attempt .

Although I did recently use HOUSE as my first attempt and the last three letters were green and the only other words it could have been were PAUSE or CAUSE and I guessed right 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My strategy is to use ten different letters in the first two goes , then you would usually have two or three correct letters and maybe some in the right place and that makes it easier on the third attempt .

Although I did recently use HOUSE as my first attempt and the last three letters were green and the only other words it could have been were PAUSE or CAUSE and I guessed right 

I actually had a real shot at a 2 solve for today's word but alas my guesses were wrong and it took 4.

In general I have a bias to just solve it rather than to solve in 2, 3, or 4. But when the early letters are there may as well try.

I would never have believed this, but my stats chart says I’m solving more of them in 3 guesses than I am in 6 ????‍♂️

Would be good to see other’s stats…

35D2AD76-501B-4B27-A292-CFF3EF606865.jpeg

Edited by Nemises

47 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Here's mine

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 2.37.44 AM.png

Thanks for sharing. Interesting…and impressive!

I’m not sure what the average strike rate is for solving it on only the 3rd attempt, but your 12/56 surely has to be up there! Makes my 15/83 look very ordinary. 

Edited by Nemises

On 4/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Todays wordle , ten different letters in the first two goes , then had two greens and three yellows for the third attempt

Wordle 311 3/6

????
????????????????
????????????????????

Oopsie!

New York Times changes Wordle answer that appeared 'closely connected to' Supreme Court leak (theweek.com)

Today's original Wordle answer was a bit too relevant. 

The New York Times says "some users may see an outdated answer" on its popular word game Wordle on Monday that appears "closely connected to a major recent news event."

Edited by Jingthing

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't expect it to ever happen but just got my first solved in two.

Wordle 356 2/6

????????
????????????????????

Also I had a great streak going of 49 days but spaced out one day and didn't wordle so the streak is gone.

That kind of bites. Forgetting a day is not the same as failing to solve.

Oh well.

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I didn't expect it to ever happen but just got my first solved in two.

Wordle 356 2/6

????????
????????????????????

Also I had a great streak going of 49 days but spaced out one day and didn't wordle so the streak is gone.

That kind of bites. Forgetting a day is not the same as failing to solve.

Oh well.

You need a strict Wordle regimen like me

1. Get out of bed

2. Morning ablutions

3. Feed the cats before one of them kills me

3. WORDLE 

Google "Wordle Unlimited".  Plenty of sites let you play multiple games a day.  Once you do, you might get bored with it like I have.  You'll realize it's really just a guessing game.  Luck in choosing the correct letter/word.  No real satisfaction if you know you solved the puzzle because you randomly chose one of multiple possible answers.  As satisfying as rolling dice.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Google "Wordle Unlimited".  Plenty of sites let you play multiple games a day.  Once you do, you might get bored with it like I have.  You'll realize it's really just a guessing game.  Luck in choosing the correct letter/word.  No real satisfaction if you know you solved the puzzle because you randomly chose one of multiple possible answers.  As satisfying as rolling dice.

Some is luck. Some isn't. I much prefer being limited to one a day. It's a feature not a bug.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Some is luck. Some isn't. I much prefer being limited to one a day. It's a feature not a bug.

The single-game-a-day "feature" is a marketing tool designed to delay your realization that you are wasting your time.  The point is to draw you to the NY Times web site as often as possible.  If you get bored of the game sooner, you might not go to their biased "news" site.

You can also restrain yourself to one game a day on one of the Wordle Unlimited sites.  No need to go to the New York Times.

Edited by NotReallyHere
word choice
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

The single-game-a-day "feature" is a marketing tool designed to delay your realization that you are wasting your time.  The point is to draw you to the NY Times web site as often as possible.  If you get bored of the game sooner, you might not go to their biased "news" site.

You can also restrain yourself to one game a day on one of the Wordle Unlimited sites.  No need to go to the New York Times.

I get it now.

You're trying to make this political.

Fail.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I get it now.

You're trying to make this political.

Fail.

Wrong.

The poor journalistic standards of the NYT was an afterthought.  Wordle being a waste of time is still the primary point.  The single game a day "feature" is a marketing tool, regardless of which media outlet uses it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

Wrong.

The poor journalistic standards of the NYT was an afterthought.  Wordle being a waste of time is still the primary point.  The single game a day "feature" is a marketing tool, regardless of which media outlet uses it.

What are you talking about?

This is a simple distraction game which for many of us is fun.

If you don't like it don't play it, and why then would you have any opinion about it

If you are so worried about 'marketing', I'd advise not driving past any billboards, not watching any TV commercials or any Thai TV with the rolling commercials across the screen

On 6/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, GinBoy2 said:

What are you talking about?

This is a simple distraction game which for many of us is fun.

If you don't like it don't play it, and why then would you have any opinion about it

If you are so worried about 'marketing', I'd advise not driving past any billboards, not watching any TV commercials or any Thai TV with the rolling commercials across the screen

If you play Wordle as poorly as you read my prior posts, you must have a really crappy average.

As I stated in my first post, I played multiple games of Wordle on an unlimited site until I realized it was merely a guessing game.  I've played enough games to form an opinion.

I'm not "worried" about marketing.  The one-game-a-day limitation was being promoted by another poster as a "feature", as if it was something positive, done to somehow increase the value or interest in the game.  I merely pointed out that the NYT's primary reason for the one-game-a-day "feature" was marketing.  If someone plays it more frequently, they realize it is just a guessing game.  Limiting the number of games played delays the player's realization that they are wasting their time and increases traffic to the NYT news site.

I can't spell it out to you more plainly than that.  If you still don't understand my point, you should probably quit trying.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...