Have you been playing wordle?

Jingthing

Dear Jingthing,

After reading your good posts for almost a decade, all I can say is that NPR is something that we might both share in common, among very few other things.

You are somewhat of an enigma to me, for one.

Let's see if you, probably much less likely than I, will still be posting in the year 2032, by the time the Thwaites glacier is just a distant memory.

The water is rising.

NPR is a shadow of what it once was.

The Himalayan glaciers are melting, which could, conceivably, affect the rice harvest in the not too distant future.

NPR has become bastardized during the past many years, probably due to lack of interest among the public, and lack of funding.

NPR, as it now stands, is nothing like what we once believed it stood for.

Anyway, who cares, now.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

I started playing it on Friday. I now eagerly await the new word everyday. All three days I have been able to solve the word in three moves. I have to admit that this latest one had me staring at the screen for about ten minutes. The first two were pretty simple. I guess that’s how they get you! Haha.

3 hours ago, Jack Batty said:

I started playing it on Friday. I now eagerly await the new word everyday. All three days I have been able to solve the word in three moves. I have to admit that this latest one had me staring at the screen for about ten minutes. The first two were pretty simple. I guess that’s how they get you! Haha.

Mr Wardle, the man who developed it, does not know that your first two goes were simple for you. It is the same result for everyone playing. Once you have a 'formula' it is fairly easy. Maybe he should do a 7 letter one....men from the boys!

32 minutes ago, lexilis said:

Today was a fairly hard one. The double consonant ending took me a while.

If you need more than one a day go to:

https://octokatherine.github.io/word-master/?fbclid=IwAR1jrtY9DGKro2S3bCb87ccYDlT4MCigaDA2T5ntt349FKlXtn7ovGSSURE

Exact same game. Play as much as you want.

No! Don't corrupt perfection.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yes the restriction is a feature not a bug! Respect it!

But when you play a Wordle first thing, get it right, then you want another go.

So the alterative one gives you that chance. Up to self-control how many you play.

Just tried it now.  Took me five tries.  I like it and will give it a go tomorrow.  Very similar in concept to a game called mastermind.  It is played with colored pegs and you try and guess the order your opponent places them in.  This adds to that a vocabulary lesson.

21 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NPR is a shadow of what it once was.

NPR has become bastardized during the past many years, probably due to lack of interest among the public, and lack of funding.

NPR, as it now stands, is nothing like what we once believed it stood for.

No no no. You got it the wrong way round. Reduced funding leads to cuts in quality and service. It is then less interesting to a discerning public who feel they are being taken for a ride and wrongly blame the service. The lack of listeners is then used as an excuse to defund it even more.

Typical right wing assault on precious publicly funded institutions so the spivs can pocket the cash. UK is also a perfect example of it. The NHS is next. 'Cos private is so much better and cheaper ... not.

34 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Let's hope it stays that way. Lost my streak 2 days ago. Devastating.

I think it will probably stay free. They got it fairly cheap and it will likely be a great platform for them to advertise online subscriptions of their very distinguished online news product. All the letters that fit in five spaces.

I only started playing it a week ago. Unfortunately it’s too easy and I am not good at other word games such as crossword puzzles. 
Pic confirms I’ve solved it twice on my 3rd guess. 
Can’t understand why such an easy game is so popular ????‍♂️, but like so many others, I still enjoy it!

1A64FB98-0025-4B51-BFF4-ADE3C2D74FDC.jpeg

• Like 2