'multiple Entry' Tourist Visa's

Previously I had a B and for the one year that was marked could enter and exit the country as many times as I liked gaining a 90 days stamp on reentry (even if that was one day before the expiry for the B visa).

If I apply for a multiple entry tourist visa, are the entries limited to the 'number of entries' and over what time period does this cover ?? I understand I get a 60 day entry and 1900 Baht 30 day extension rights but do i simply get the number of entries the visa is granted for (ex 3x tourist visa = 3 times out the country) ??

What happens if I need to take multiple short trips to another country (couple of days each time) or tour up to Anchor Wat / have a day in Singapore / Visit Langkawi regatta / etc ?? Do I 'waste' a visa each time I leave ??

Also what time period is the 3x listed over.. eg If I get a 3x tourist visa and use one 60 + 30 stay and then leave the kingdom for 6 - 8 months, do I still have 2 more 60 + 30 day stays allowed on that visa ?? What if the 6 - 8 months was a year or so ??

Lastly does anyone know what the likelyhood and cost of 3x entry or even 4x entry visa's are in Panang or KL ?? I know 2x entries are easy to get and 3x harder.. What helps make it easier (money in bank or just money in envelope ??)...

If I apply for a multiple entry tourist visa, are the entries limited to the 'number of entries' and over what time period does this cover ?? I understand I get a 60 day entry and 1900 Baht 30 day extension rights but do i simply get the number of entries the visa is granted for (ex 3x tourist visa = 3 times out the country) ??

yes a triple entry tourist visa means 3 entries allowed on that visa

What happens if I need to take multiple short trips to another country (couple of days each time) or tour up to Anchor Wat / have a day in Singapore / Visit Langkawi regatta / etc ?? Do I 'waste' a visa each time I leave ??
yes, you will use an entry each time...if you are leaving for just a couple of days and returning then a 30 day on arrival each time might make more sense.
Also what time period is the 3x listed over.. eg If I get a 3x tourist visa and use one 60 + 30 stay and then leave the kingdom for 6 - 8 months, do I still have 2 more 60 + 30 day stays allowed on that visa ?? What if the 6 - 8 months was a year or so ??

your tourist visa expires on the date shown on the visa. your latest entry into thailand will expiry on the entry stamp expiration date.

Lastly does anyone know what the likelyhood and cost of 3x entry or even 4x entry visa's are in Panang or KL ?? I know 2x entries are easy to get and 3x harder.. What helps make it easier (money in bank or just money in envelope ??)...

up to the moon, the stars, i think it's a zodiac thing down in penang...don't count on the envelope or johnny walker black method.