i guess i will be the last one to get a covid extension

ive waited thru 4 citys to get my covid extension.  my current 30 day extension ends feb 3 and i would have liked to get 60 days from that but the offices are telling me that i get 60 days from the date of application.  which i will tolerate,  but i want all the days i can get thus im waiting until the final hour tomorrow to extend, in hopes of the news the thai govt will extend the covid extensions again before i extend so i can then do the extension in early feb instead.  call me crazy................im the only person staying at this resort............why are not the thais extending the covid extension. i would think they want people in good standing here to stay?  clock is ticking now.  tomorrow last day for covid extensions.  

12 minutes ago, E020 said:

THey just want to raise the fees for agents right now. They'll extend it in the next days. I was scared same in Sept 2020 and went back and when I was back i heard it was extended. Just relax lol

i have to do it tomorrow or else im screwed.i will wait till 2 pm  waiting for news

If they do not extend the Covid Extension there will be a bump of inbound tourism, which will look good for the tourism reports.

But it's also possible they do extend last minute, you never know. In the past they even extended after the expiration.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My guess is the opposite.

Some folk coming visa exempt knowing that can obtain 30 day extension and follow that with 60 day covid extension.

If covid to continue announced soon I would expect tourists looking for up to 4 month stay will be encouraged to come to Thailand.

I wonder how many of those are outside Thailand right now. I'd guess not so many.

Cancel covid extensions and trying to get long stay visitors to run the gauntlet of test&go&return&test&go would probably juice the numbers a little, but at some considerable expense of goodwill.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My guess is the opposite.

Some folk coming visa exempt knowing that can obtain 30 day extension and follow that with 60 day covid extension.

If covid to continue announced soon I would expect tourists looking for up to 4 month stay will be encouraged to come to Thailand.

If the covid extensions are not continued I will just move on, no drama. Looking at a 6 month indonesian visa if I qualify. It is expensive and 7 days quarantine but no biggie. Hopefully by then the Communist party of Australia will let people with family there in not just Chinese students with rich parents 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Hopefully by then the Communist party of Australia will let people with family there in not just Chinese students with rich parents 

What stops you from going to Australia. You need a visa,? 

3 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I have a British passport, family moved to Oz years ago. I am not 100% but think only citizens, residents and a few others can get in at this time. Happy to be proven wrong 

Seems you haven't even looked into what's required.

However these are your words from above.....

"Hopefully by then the Communist party of Australia will let people with family there in not just Chinese students with rich parents".

Seem you have complete confidence of the requirements.

I suggest you do not.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems you haven't even looked into what's required.

However these are your words from above.....

"Hopefully by then the Communist party of Australia will let people with family there in not just Chinese students with rich parents".

Seem you have complete confidence of the requirements.

I suggest you do not.

Always happy to accept when I am wrong. Would not be the first time 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, E020 said:

THey just want to raise the fees for agents right now. They'll extend it in the next days. I was scared same in Sept 2020 and went back and when I was back i heard it was extended. Just relax lol

I also sensed that there is a money grabbing strategy going on. 

People seem to bump into more trouble when they apply for an extension closer to the deadline.

Initially I didn't think that the government would be in this too, but now I feel like it is possible that there are some kind of understanding between parties within the government.

Just my gut feeling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It was extended, but it seems like they have added new restrictions, and the last day is now March 25th.

Mainly if you originally entered under a Tourist visa or 30 Day Visa Exempt you can get one of these.

Obtaining it on top of other visas types may prove to be difficult according to the new rules.

so u have news they have extended it?  is it for sure?  so if i came in on a tourist visa (already extended the 30 days extra)  and i can get the covid extension now up until march 25.  is that for sure?

6 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

If they do not extend the Covid Extension there will be a bump of inbound tourism, which will look good for the tourism reports.

But it's also possible they do extend last minute, you never know. In the past they even extended after the expiration.

u state below that the covid extension is now extended until march 25.  but i think u might me mistaken?   i think u mean the state of emergency has been extended until march 25 not the covid extension.  ???????????

3 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

u state below that the covid extension is now extended until march 25.  but i think u might me mistaken?   i think u mean the state of emergency has been extended until march 25 not the covid extension.  ???????????

Covid extensions now continue post Jan 25.

Current thread posted hours ago.

58 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

You can apply for the covid extension until March 25th now.

This is fine for anyone which has a Tourist Visa or Exempt entry visa, or has a COVID extension based on one of these visas.

HOWEVER if the visa before your covid extensions was a non-immigrant visa you MAY NO LONGER obtain covid extensions.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

This is fine for anyone which has a Tourist Visa or Exempt entry visa, or has a COVID extension based on one of these visas.

HOWEVER if the visa before your covid extensions was a non-immigrant visa you MAY NO LONGER obtain covid extensions.

this has been a big stress for me. i made an error by not getting it extended before in either phuket or bkk.  not sure about samui.  i wanted the full 60 days and then i plan to leave thailand.  some offices only giving 60 days from time of application so now i need to show up at immigration on my last day .......feb 3. thank god feb 3 isnt on a weekend

5 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

I entered Thailand back in 2019 on METV, in 2020 I enrolled in language school and obtained Non-O ED visa and studied there for 1 year, after that I switched to covid extensions. Are my covid extensions are based on METV or Non-O?

48 minutes ago, aluc said:

I entered Thailand back in 2019 on METV, in 2020 I enrolled in language school and obtained Non-O ED visa and studied there for 1 year, after that I switched to covid extensions. Are my covid extensions are based on METV or Non-O?

Neither, they are based on covid.

2 hours ago, aluc said:

You permit to stay in the country is from a non-ed (there no non-o ed visa. You current extension is due to covid 19.

16 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

My Volunteer visa lasted until November. I got a 2 month Covid extension until January. I applied for another Covid extension, but current stamp is good until early February.

Will the February immigration check in be extended another 30 days?

After that it sounds like I must leave the country, is that correct?

3 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

My Volunteer visa lasted until November. I got a 2 month Covid extension until January. I applied for another Covid extension, but current stamp is good until early February.

Will the February immigration check in be extended another 30 days?

After that it sounds like I must leave the country, is that correct?

Think you have asked this a few times. You think of it as two separate extensions. 

It's one extension and you were given an under consideration period.

In reality its already approved.

You are returning just to be rubber stamped. Think of it as automatic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you have asked this a few times. You think of it as two separate extensions. 

It's one extension and you were given an under consideration period.

In reality its already approved.

You are returning just to be rubber stamped. Think of it as automatic. 

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying that. But it does sound like I'm screwed after. I think my prior visa was non-immigrant which they seem to now be cracking down on.

1 minute ago, Hal65 said:

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying that. But it does sound like I'm screwed after. I think my prior visa was non-immigrant which they seem to now be cracking down on.

Just wait and see how things pan out.

Worse case an agents can most likely have it done. 5k

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yogi yogi said: