Prayut to find Thai workers to fill Saudi labour shortage

webfact

te.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha instructed related agencies to find Thai workers willing to work in Saudi Arabia within two months to quickly enhance labour cooperation between the two kingdoms.

“The prime minister emphasized that the recruitment must be done immediately and tangibly within two months to provide opportunities for skilled Thai people,” said Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, the government spokesman told reporters on Thursday.

“This success from the discussion with Saudi Arabia was historical and it was not because of luck but because of all the efforts of the Thai government put in over the past six years and the government is confident that there will continuously be cooperation in other areas,” he said.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/37017/prayut-to-find-millions-of-thai-workers-to-fill-saudi-labour-shortage/

ti.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-01-28

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

So Thailand gets slave labour from Burma and Camobodia, and Saudi Arabia in turn wants slave labour from Thailand. 

Odd chain. 

Considering what the average monthly salary for Thai laborer's is in Thailand, These Thais that go over to Saudi to work will be making a lot more then what they can make in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having lived in Saudi for some years, I sincerely hope that the Thai government sets up a monitoring program to ensure the conditions under which they live and work are satisfactory, and that they do get paid what they should get paid. Any that agree to go there should not have to pay to do so- that was an atrocious scam in the time I was there.

You just know they won't!

He has just agreed to find hostages to be held against the return of the stolen jewels.

• Sad 1

We had a couple of Thais when I first went to work in Saudi.....they were a bit on the lazy side and not particularly serious about work. Was a preference for Indian/ Pakistani and Filipinos in our company. Don't they have to get Cambodians, Laotians and Burmese to do the work here in Thailand?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I recall there was a documentary a few years ago about how the foreign labour, mainly Filipino, Indian and Pakistani were badly treated there, and had pay witheld. Virtual slave labour.

I recall reading an article some years where a female worker was thrown from the balcony by her female employer and sustained severe injuries, her family were seeking compensation, which of course was refused, and the worker was expelled from the Kingdom

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

So Thailand gets slave labour from Burma and Camobodia, and Saudi Arabia in turn wants slave labour from Thailand. 

Odd chain. 

My speculation is more dire; they want Thai muslims attending their mosque's.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We had a couple of Thais when I first went to work in Saudi.....they were a bit on the lazy side and not particularly serious about work. Was a preference for Indian/ Pakistani and Filipinos in our company. Don't they have to get Cambodians, Laotians and Burmese to do the work here in Thailand?

When I first arrived in Saudi it was just before the Blue Diamond affair and all of the domestic staff were Thais. They provided a very good service and we got on with them very well.

Then wham, they were gone and a new contract was placed with an agency that provided a bunch of useless, untrained Bangladeshis who had been promised that they would soon be technicians!

They weren't even trained to use a mop, and as they went for many months without even being paid they felt no incentive to motivate themselves. It was a very sorry state of affairs.

19 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Enjoying the nightlife, i've noticed alot of my 'entertainment girls' have left Thailand for the middle east too. The sheer number of ladies in Dubai, and so forth is extrordinary. 

And just how do you know this? In fact given that there's been hardly any international travel since early 2020 how do you suppose they even managed to get there?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Enjoying the nightlife, i've noticed alot of my 'entertainment girls' have left Thailand for the middle east too. The sheer number of ladies in Dubai, and so forth is extrordinary. 

yep, know of 2 girls that have moved there, the group have all got fat from eating <deleted> food but apparently the men like that. Men there also more violent than previous countries they have worked (no surprise).

One thing that was surprising was the selection of drugs on offer there for the girls.

• Like 1