Banglamung police raid a total of seven allegedly illegally open entertainment venues in Pattaya early this morning

webfact

1 minute ago, stigar said:

I been to 43 countries during my work.I have never ever break the laws in my country or other countries.I dont want any problems.We had a job in canada,and one person in the crew had been served 21 days for DUI in my country.The canadien IMM didnt allow him to work there becuase of that.

Good boy... but you are not a Pattaya person! You stay indoors  quaking but some of us are NOT Ca****ns like you. Obedience  of the law is only admirable if the laws are valid but I sense you would  have worshipped the laws in South Africa under Apartheid or even 1930s Germany. Do as you want but don't preach to others. You may have worked  in many countries  but you seem to have learned nothing

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Good boy... but you are not a Pattaya person! You stay indoors  quaking but some of us are NOT Ca****ns like you. Obedience  of the law is only admirable if the laws are valid but I sense you would  have worshipped the laws in South Africa under Apartheid or even 1930s Germany. Do as you want but don't preach to others. You may have worked  in many countries  but you seem to have learned nothing

My days in pattaya ended 11 year ago.I dont belive im a sexy man like you do i guess.ha-ha

I been living in surin for 6 years before.I prefer BKK and Korat now.You can be sure i been around and done my things.2 year ago i settle down wih my lady,and thats my own choise.I choose a life that i feel is better for myself and my 5 kids.(3 different mothers)Im happy everyday.Do i drink?YES..but only a little bit.When im in my country never,when in Korat sometimes a few beers at our balcony.

I totally respect ur choises.

I didnt say it was pattaya...

A raid by a police who have no credibility on laws that are to surpress society not based on any medical, many other avenues for spread make it more ridiculous, defended by non bar visitors, like it quite,aged, selfish, entitled and can never live with any covid makes it a pointless exercise form all mentioned above.

8 hours ago, AKJeff said:

So seriously, the rules change quite frequently.  If I were a tourist on a two week vacation and I came to Thailand saw a bar open as I was  walking down the street and went in to have a drink, I would not think it was illegal to stay and keep drinking if the bar kept taking orders.  I understand that a lot of us here are aware of the alcohol restrictions but I doubt true tourist are.  Or if there are aware today they might think they changed tomorrow.  It really is more a responsibly of the bar to shut down. 

I am an early to bed kind of person so I don't go out much but I am not sure what the rules are.  I know where I live some of the bars are staying open till midnight and then when they close you still don't have to leave.  They just turn off the music and the lights but you can stay and finish you order.  Even if that order was a full bottle of 285.  I know a couple of friend out last weekend that did that and stayed till 2:30am.  I really wouldn't know if that is legal or not.

If the establishments were operating in the open I hope none of the patrons were arrested.

So seriously, Thats probably why non of the patrons were arrested.

A lot of stupid expats in pattaya and thailand who want, accepted or have to, rules imposed by a autoctratic coup leader who is out of touch with the world

Its, let it rip cant be stopped get it over and done but maybe it dosent suit?

Sooner or later you will have too its an embarrisment at this stage.

Number of cases is a lie, political control is no 1

6 hours ago, stigar said:
10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Deport someone for having a drink? Are you a friend of Anutin, because you talk like him?

Not for having a drink but for breaking the laws.The people sit and drink 2 hours after their not allowed to.They know wery well what their doing.

Okay, so you would still deport someone for breaking the law by having a beer.

37 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay, so you would still deport someone for breaking the law by having a beer.

After they are charged and found guilty of criminal behavior, yes. Although a warning first time, and on a repeat offence perhaps. 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, natway09 said:

Likening this to prohibition or to Saudi is just a very stupid comment by a person who is obviously not thinking correctly.

All bottle shops open as normal where you can stock up within the hours & have never been restricted let alone banned.

Many bars are now getting back into business just get outa there at 11 pm go home, with or without company you can then drink all night

Anyone that has been to Saudi Arabia knows that liquor is always readily available

4 hours ago, tomyami said:

I didnt say it was pattaya...

A raid by a police who have no credibility on laws that are to surpress society not based on any medical, many other avenues for spread make it more ridiculous, defended by non bar visitors, like it quite,aged, selfish, entitled and can never live with any covid makes it a pointless exercise form all mentioned above.

The need for alcohol is strong in this one Luke.......

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

So seriously, Thats probably why non of the patrons were arrested.

I am glad to hear that.  But the article read, "It was not immediately clear if any customers were fined or arrested.". There were also a number of comments above mine expressing the idea that these customers should be arrested and deported.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKJeff said:

I am glad to hear that.  But the article read, "It was not immediately clear if any customers were fined or arrested.". There were also a number of comments above mine expressing the idea that these customers should be arrested and deported.  

If they were in breach of mask and social distancing rules, They should be fined... arrested and deported is a bit over the top but I note it was the usual whingers that have said it.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

If they were in breach of mask and social distancing rules, They should be fined... arrested and deported is a bit over the top but I note it was the usual whingers that have said it.

Okay, but what is the social distancing and mask rules inside an establishment serving food and drink.  If the table is not blocked off then am I in compliance?  If there is food or drink at my table do I need a mask?  Everywhere I go in Thailand, no matter the time if day, you take off your mask when you sit down at the table and keep it off until you leave.  

• Like 1

It is high tourist season, but that evil alcohol must not be allowed in the bars, errr restaurants after

11 PM because the police have to sleep, and cannot be working until 1 AM, don't you know?

Yup Thailand sure wants their high season to be a success this year. I am sure glad to have waited until next                                                                                          Winters high tourist season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AKJeff said:

Okay, but what is the social distancing and mask rules inside an establishment serving food and drink.  If the table is not blocked off then am I in compliance?  If there is food or drink at my table do I need a mask?  Everywhere I go in Thailand, no matter the time if day, you take off your mask when you sit down at the table and keep it off until you leave.  

The covids have been with us for few years now, if you need to ask what the social distancing and mask rules are then it is most likely you are in breach.

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The covids have been with us for few years now, if you need to ask what the social distancing and mask rules are then it is most likely you are in breach.

Good non answer.

The disease has been with us for a couple of years but the regulations have changed often.  I have been in six countries since January of 2020 and I can tell you the rules aren't the same for different places.  My original post included something to the effect of, how would a tourist know what the rules are?  If they see a business operating in the open they are likely to assume it is legal to go inside and consume food or alcohol until the business says it is closing time.  

If these were hidden and you had to have a secret knock to get in, then that is different.  But I didn't see any mention of that in the artical.

2 minutes ago, AKJeff said:

Good non answer.

The disease has been with us for a couple of years but the regulations have changed often.  I have been in six countries since January of 2020 and I can tell you the rules aren't the same for different places.  My original post included something to the effect of, how would a tourist know what the rules are?  If they see a business operating in the open they are likely to assume it is legal to go inside and consume food or alcohol until the business says it is closing time.  

If these were hidden and you had to have a secret knock to get in, then that is different.  But I didn't see any mention of that in the artical.

I personally do not rely on ignorance to avoid possible fines or arrest.

But each to their own.

FWIW social distancing in Thailand is 1.5m, are you a tourist ?

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

FWIW social distancing in Thailand is 1.5m, are you a tourist ?

555 well according the Thailand I am a tourist.  Seems no matter what visa type you are, you are still a tourist.  

I think I would have guessed 2 meters so if it is only 1.5 then some people are in a little more in compliance.

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I personally do not rely on ignorance to avoid possible fines or arrest.

I would tend to rely on the licensed business to inform me of the current requirements to use their services.  Works pretty well inost of the world.

I get your point but if you actually expect everyone in Thailand to read the government websites in the Thai language and then understand what zone they are in and what exceptions are being made I think that won't ever happen.

When I came back to Thailand a couple of months ago I did research before arriving.  All of the specifics have changed.  And the accual practice is different again.

I was supposed to use phone apps that have never worked on my phone.  I even took them into government offices to have them help and they were unable to sign me up.  I guess that means I should be arested and deported.

Also in the local MoPH office that I went into there were 8 people working.  One had a mask on and one had a face shield on.  When I started asking about getting some help a second person put on a face mask.  So less than a 50 percent compliance rate at the MoPH for social distancing and mask wearing.

I am truly glad you find it easy to understand all the changing rules.  I would bet most people don't.  I still say that if these places were operating in the open and the patrons were doing as the licensed business asked, then I hope none of them were arrested or fined.  That is the crux of what I said originally.  If you disagree, like they say, up to you.