Banglamung police raid a total of seven allegedly illegally open entertainment venues in Pattaya early this morning

webfact

1643426606851-696x392.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-Banglamung authorities reported that they raided a total of seven allegedly illegally operating entertainment venues in Pattaya early this morning, January 29th, 2022.

The majority of the raids took place around 1:00 AM, several hours after the current legal closing time of 11:00 PM as mandated by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) in Bangkok and the Chonburi Communicable Disease Committee.

The raids were led by Mr. Wuttisak Singhadecho, Bang Lamung District Chief, along with a large contingent of Pattaya Police.

A total of seven venues were raided, although not all of them were explicitly named to the press.

According to Mr. Wuttisak, the venues included the Diviarium Cafe in Jomtien Complex where over fifty people were found allegedly breaking Covid-19 rules like not wearing masks, social distancing, and other disease control measures.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/29/banglamung-police-raid-a-total-of-seven-allegedly-illegally-open-entertainment-venues-in-pattaya-early-this-morning/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The majority of the raids took place around 1:00 AM, several hours after the current legal closing time of 11:00

I was always taught that several was around 7?

Maybe I was taught wrong?

• Like 2

So seriously, the rules change quite frequently.  If I were a tourist on a two week vacation and I came to Thailand saw a bar open as I was  walking down the street and went in to have a drink, I would not think it was illegal to stay and keep drinking if the bar kept taking orders.  I understand that a lot of us here are aware of the alcohol restrictions but I doubt true tourist are.  Or if there are aware today they might think they changed tomorrow.  It really is more a responsibly of the bar to shut down. 

I am an early to bed kind of person so I don't go out much but I am not sure what the rules are.  I know where I live some of the bars are staying open till midnight and then when they close you still don't have to leave.  They just turn off the music and the lights but you can stay and finish you order.  Even if that order was a full bottle of 285.  I know a couple of friend out last weekend that did that and stayed till 2:30am.  I really wouldn't know if that is legal or not.

If the establishments were operating in the open I hope none of the patrons were arrested.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

These busts are probably a fraction of the total speak-easys that are open in places like Pattaya, Phuket, and BKK.

It's does emphasis one thing:  The Night Entertainment prohibitions are extremely unpopular.  Really - we're back to the Roaring 20s in the US during prohibition.  Same Same. It will never be contained.  They'll just bust otherwise good citizens until they realize this ain't Saudi Arabia.  Maybe Prayut plans to import that ban from his recent trip.  Tea-toddling Uncle Tu.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

And merry go around of cat and mouse games continue... the government want tourists to come and lay on the beach only and go to bed at 8 pm...

Such early closing laws as we have now would certainly hasten the transition of Pattaya from a major red light area into a more family orientated resort.  Mmmmm.  Maybe early closing will stay, even after covid has come to pass, perhaps under some type of social order law, due to drunken behaviour etc.  

Anything is possible here, with a military government.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Too many this does seem like stupidity on Steroids

However, this is Thailand, these are the laws that are in force, and as such they should be respected ( whether you like it or not )

For those that cannot, or will not adhere to the Laws of the Land, just because they want to drink in a Bar, there are more Bar friendly Countries elsewhere for your Holiday.

You will be able to sit on a Bar Stool all Day, every Day, drinking, and not have to waste your valuable time whining about Laws that have been introduced with the best of intentions to keep people safe.

We are not discussing day drinking but the choice of adult night time drinking. We are not children who have to get up for school..! I retired  to Pattaya for  night life not nursery  school hours.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Deport someone for having a drink? Are you a friend of Anutin, because you talk like him?

Not for having a drink but for breaking the laws.The people sit and drink 2 hours after their not allowed to.They know wery well what their doing.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, stigar said:

Not for having a drink but for breaking the laws.The people sit and drink 2 hours after their not allowed to.They know wery well what their doing.

Temporary  laws which are not respected and not introduced  by a legal government and enforced by a corrupt police force.

LOL. Policing by consent in a democracy elicits cooperation and voluntary civic  obedience but that is not here so you are promoting a nonsensical ideal..Please stop. Please do not use this platform to suppress  Thai freedom. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Temporary  laws which are not respected and not introduced  by a legal government and enforced by a corrupt police force.

LOL. Policing by consent in a democracy elicits cooperation and voluntary civic  obedience but that is not here so you are promoting a nonsensical ideal..Please stop. Please do not use this platform to suppress  Thai freedom. 

I been to 43 countries during my work.I have never ever break the laws in my country or other countries.I dont want any problems.We had a job in canada,and one person in the crew had been served 21 days for DUI in my country.The canadien IMM didnt allow him to work there becuase of that.